You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYMs are killing poker and should be banned - Discuss...

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Hopefully that will get some attention!

Must start off by saying I am not seriously suggesting banning DYMs.

However are they really good for the game?

Beginners are often encouraged to start off with them because they are low variance. True.

However they are also high rake - unfairly high imo (20%) at the lowest levels where beginners should be starting. Hard enough for a good player to beat that - beginners have no chance.

They also don't really help new players learn much about poker, unless they are so new getting used to betting and hand rankings is important.

Even the successful grinders at DYMs don't seem to enjoy them.

What happened to the good old fashioned better structured 6max's. Why is volume so low? If you are good you can win more - if you are learning you can learn more and you actually have to play to win - not hang on in there. What's not good about that?

Tikay in another thread commented that DYMs would make dull TV - so True - bring back the play the presenter 6 max's. Put 6max's on TV. Create some interest please! 6max are fun - playing to win is fun - playing with a structure where you can still have a 20 min HU battle is brilliant.

PS I should declare a minor conflict of interest if you can spot the difference between my ROIs in DYMs and 6max.

Comments