You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bankroll questions/advice please

edited January 2014 in The Poker Clinic

I'll try and keep this short.

I'm a decent recreational player across a few sites. (slightly in profit online from about 3 years play- quite a nicely in profit live).

Rather than withdrawing winnings/depositing if necessary and playing a host of games across a wide range of buy ins I am looking to actually manage my bankroll and start playing for profit a bit more seriously. ( I've been doing it for the love ha) 

Here's my initial plan.

Looking to play MTT's (buy in's £3.30/£5.75/£11) Is this too wide a range?

Low stakes cash 10/20p and move up as my profit progresses (fingers crossed)

Any advice on my initial start up, how I should be managing it, or what to do when I want to big a big shot and play the main events?

Also I will try and do a diary to keep me motivated and track my progress, and hopefully get some advice from you good people.

Cheers

Shaun

Comments

• edited January 2014
    How many tables do you play?

If 1 or 2, £500-600 would be fine.

If you play 4 plus tables, would make it more £800.

If you win £40 quid at cash, you could just say i'll buy in directly to the main or try satellites.
  • edited January 2014
    Rule of thumb.

Ring games 2% of BR

MTT's 1% of BR

SNG's 2% of roll.
  • edited January 2014
    I just play 2 tables on sky, I can play 4 on some other sites but my game reverts to very abc poker. I don't like the mini view on sky, cant get used to it at all! On top of that I don't think my laptop like it either!!

Thanks for the pointers, much appreciated