You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Getting away from AA

edited January 2014 in The Poker Clinic
All through the hand I was thinking 1010 and every street was played like thats what he had.
Really?! I wish I had your reads because from here it looks like villain could have a much wider range than just TT when he just c/c flop and turn. When he donks the river you're entitled to think he may have a hand that beats you but his pre-flop/flop/turn play has nothing to indicate he has you beat UNLESS he is ridiculously tight post-flop and just folds to bets w/o having the nuts in which case you might be able to deduce that he is very likely to have TT when he calls flop and turn - but I doubt there are any players like this.

It's played fine IMO and I wouldn't consider folding river w/o very good reads. 

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Getting away from AA:
    Really?! I wish I had your reads because from here it looks like villain could have a much wider range than just TT when he just c/c flop and turn. When he donks the river you're entitled to think he may have a hand that beats you but his pre-flop/flop/turn play has nothing to indicate he has you beat UNLESS he is ridiculously tight post-flop and just folds to bets w/o having the nuts in which case you might be able to deduce that he is very likely to have TT when he calls flop and turn - but I doubt there are any players like this. It's played fine IMO and I wouldn't consider folding river w/o very good reads. 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    I respect your view, thanks. Its probably the pesimist in me that just thought he had 1010 all the way. The fact that he did have it made me think I might have made a mistake? I thought I played it ok but when he turns out to have the hand you think he has then you do wonder. 

Am I right in thinking that KK plays it the same and sometimes QQ and a busted draw such as AKs? I think QQ and JJ do check call the river a lot more than lead it.

And the opponent is a very competent reg.