You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30 nl turn decision vs tight reg

edited January 2014 in The Poker Clinic
reads on reg are multitabler plays 20nl-100nl  winner, tight,doesnt get out of line much, maybe too tight  str8forward abc ish

my usual line here is to call down vs a tight reg  and non heart river if they got some game or ive been a bit raisy daisy

hands that i am ahead off that he still bets turn? Ah J h maybe Ah Qh(might not 3bet pre  vs utg raise)  and maybe 9h10h(think he would call flop) 5h 7h, 7h 9h  ?? air ?(cant see it)
obv behind to sets 2pairs

can we just fold here  on turn? if we think we are behind, or should we call down on any non heart river?  im not really into folding overpairs for 100bb but this time i feel im behind 

ive left the player name in  ,hope thats not  a problem
against tight regs we just have to go with our read/feel at time?
or am i being too nitty here  and got owned?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceNooGoooodSmall blind £0.15£0.15£29.85cpfc123Big blind £0.30£0.45£38.38 Your hole cardsQQ   weedgiRaise £0.90£1.35£58.99SpawnyGitFold    ronnieg197Fold    NooGoooodCall £0.75£2.10£29.10cpfc123Call £0.60£2.70£37.78Flop  628   NooGoooodCheck    cpfc123Check    weedgiBet £2.03£4.73£56.96NooGoooodRaise £4.95£9.68£24.15cpfc123Fold    weedgiCall £2.92£12.60£54.04Turn  J   NooGoooodBet £7.50£20.10£16.65weedgi

Comments

• edited January 2014
    against tight regs we just have to go with our read/feel at time?

Pretty much this. Don't know the player but imo call turn call non heart river. There's a lot more combos of FD's that would play the hand the same way especially oop. Villain may even just fold 22 in the sb so it's either 2 sets (maybe JJ but unlikely) or FD's.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: 30 nl turn decision vs tight reg:
    against tight regs we just have to go with our read/feel at time? Pretty much this. Don't know the player but imo call turn call non heart river. There's a lot more combos of FD's that would play the hand the same way especially oop. Villain may even just fold 22 in the sb so it's either 2 sets (maybe JJ but unlikely) or FD's.
    Posted by 77Chris91
    Surely he would have to shove on the turn because then he would only have 5 something left and cant really fold even if a heart comes on the river as he has commited so much of his stack already.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: 30 nl turn decision vs tight reg : Surely he would have to shove on the turn because then he would only have 5 something left and cant really fold even if a heart comes on the river as he has commited so much of his stack already.
    Posted by golds95
    If we call turn the villian (effective stack) still has £16 behind and pot is £27 so we definitely don't HAVE to go with it
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: 30 nl turn decision vs tight reg : If we call turn the villian (effective stack) still has £16 behind and pot is £27 so we definitely don't HAVE to go with it
    Posted by Lambert180
    +1

BUT,

Don't mind folding turn vs this villain. Can't see him continuing with worse here.
  • edited January 2014
    Ignore me, was looking on my tablet and stack sizes are covered apart from the 5.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: 30 nl turn decision vs tight reg : +1 BUT , Don't mind folding turn vs this villain. Can't see him continuing with worse here.
    Posted by HYPETING
    +1 to folding turn
  • edited January 2014
    why call the flop if ya thinking of folding the turn makes no sense