You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My 24 Hour SNG challenge

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Hello all

Im Jake and  tonight im starting my 24 hour sng challenge a friend of mine asked me how much i think i could make from 10 in 24 hours and well to be honest i dont know. 

ive on some what of down swing the past few sessions but i hopeing this was due to pre exam stress, now my university exams are over and i have time to kill before the next semester starts i thought i would take up the challenge. 

So im going to withdrawl my bankroll back to £10 and play SNGs throughtout a 24 hour persiod it could go horribly wrong resluting in going bust but i have faith.

so i thought it would be a good way to introduce myself and a chance to set some rediculous targets if for nothing else just a laugh 

so my target for the end of the 24 hour period which will be at 5 oclock tomorow night i hope i can make turn the 110 pound to have 100 pound profit, i think this is a very high target but you have to dream big :D to get to big places 

so i have thought about it and i understand that in the early hours of the morning its going to be tuff to get the games never the less whats a challenge if its not going to be tuff 

well ill make a post hourly to keep you guys updated on my progress

cheers 

jake 

Ps im starting at 5 so next post at about 6 

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Subscribed and keeping n eye

Good luck. Have u done something similar to this before?
  • edited January 2014
    Nice one, mate - welcome to the forums.

I recently did a 24 hour challenge, so I know the difficulties involved ;)

Good luck!
  • edited January 2014
    goodluck but i dnt think u will make 24 hr session the traffic is non existent during the early hrs on sit n goes so u be waiting up an hour for a sng just to fill up
  • edited January 2014
    gl in this.  what level are you playing?
  • edited January 2014
    So basicly hour one not going to well 

started to get my rhythm back however am down. 

my first game i played my useal stakes £3.30 dym realised that i only have £10 in my bankroll and was like dahm lost my stack when my pocket kings ran into pocket 4s which he hit on the flop. 

moving down the stakes to a more apropriote stake of £0.60 to £1.15 games played two £1.15 games won one and lost the over im not going to lie the one i lost wasnt even a bad beat i was left short stacked got poket Jacks and called one of the larger stacks on the table who had Pocket Aces knocking me out 

i won the £0.60 leaving my challenge bankroll at 6.80 next hour im going to multitable £0.60 to get back on track 

thanks for the good luck messages

103.32 untill target 
    23 hours left 
    4.49 profit and hour needed to hit target 

next update at about 7 ish 

• edited January 2014
    good luck with this m8 its going too be tough trying too keep it going as when u move up a level or 2 and lose a game or 2 u will be back 2 square 1 as i iam finding out..

good luck
  • edited January 2014
    Interesting challenge, will keep track!

Curious to know how many tables you're playing at once? As someone who came up through the low-level DYM's recently, I know just how badly the rake can kill your progress :/
  • edited January 2014
    lol posted a message earlier, must have been logged off

Good luck, 24 hours is such a long stretch,

Would you not be better playing to about 4 am, get some sleep and start up again in the morning?

As IDCU said, traffic will be low from 4am-10am, plus by this point it will be getting really difficult psychologically.

All the best
  • edited January 2014

okay so midnight update 

Its all over 

bankroll management is key but trying to make money fast and quick requires risk not a good idea but its not a total loss got to play agaist a varity of players and and learnt allot about my strategy and how to improve my game, made a fair few reward points and introduced myself to the forum 

now its time for shower reload my bankroll and do something about my sharkscope stats and get back in the green 

thanks for the support guys and im sure ill either see you at the tables on about the forum 

thanks jake 

• edited January 2014
    great stuff jake,

love to see challenges like this.

unlucky busting but if it were easy it wouldnt be a challenge.

good luck at the tables mate
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: My 24 Hour SNG challenge:
    okay so midnight update  Its all over  bankroll management is key but trying to make money fast and quick requires risk not a good idea but its not a total loss got to play agaist a varity of players and and learnt allot about my strategy and how to improve my game, made a fair few reward points and introduced myself to the forum  now its time for shower reload my bankroll and do something about my sharkscope stats and get back in the green  thanks for the support guys and im sure ill either see you at the tables on about the forum  thanks jake 
    Posted by jacobjtayl
    Better to have tried & failed, as some wise chap once noted.

I hope you stick around, Jacob (?), you seem a lovely lad, polite & respectful.

I was intrigued by your planned Course in Countryside Management, so I went googling, & found - I think - the Course you are going on, which is this, I assume.....

http://courses.aber.ac.uk/undergraduate/countryside-management-degree/

Looks a worthy thing to do, imo, & I hope you succeed. Some of those semesters look really interesting. 

Good luck man.  
  • edited January 2014
    Hi Jacob this was an enjoyable read. Good luck at the tables.
  • edited January 2014
    Alive just started with 10, planning on going 3or 4 days.. What you playing keep in touch mate
  • edited January 2014
    Shame this challenge didn't last too long, but it was a nice idea - enjoyed reading :-)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: My 24 Hour SNG challenge:
    In Response to Re: My 24 Hour SNG challenge : Better to have tried & failed , as some wise chap once noted. I hope you stick around, Jacob (?), you seem a lovely lad, polite & respectful. I was intrigued by your planned Course in Countryside Management, so I went googling, & found - I think - the Course you are going on, which is this, I assume..... http://courses.aber.ac.uk/undergraduate/countryside-management-degree/ Looks a worthy thing to do, imo, & I hope you succeed. Some of those semesters look really interesting.  Good luck man.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks Tikay 

it is a very interesting course and its some what a passion of mine and when i graduate to work as a ranger would be amazine. 

ill be around cant belive havent spent more time around the sky poker community really friendly people and found so many helpfull posts 

thanks everyone 

jake
  • edited January 2014
    (sorry about the double post)

but looking back at the challenge i think the downfull for me was the time limit, only having the 24 hours i was trying to make as much money as possible in a short amount of time and bankroll management just dindnt happen at all 

i think my next challenge i will start with a £10 bankroll and see how long it takes me to get to £100. 

then just try and beat that time i think it could be fun