You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Free Cash Freerolls - discussion

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat

Hi

Somewhat inspired by
this thread.

Althought we wouldn't likely make the freerolls 'all-in' events, we could speed up the structure. At the end of the day, we want people to have to turn up and play but would you prefer it that, instead of say 60mins it was maybe 15 or 30 mins with a faster structure?

Thanks
Sky Poker

Comments

• edited January 2014
    One word, NO

IMHO the structure is perfect for a freeroll as it is.  Please don't change them!
  • edited January 2014
    Even though I hardly play them, I think they're fine as they are. They're hardly slow paced affairs anyway, plus they give a little experience on how to play for new players.

If they're too fast you will lose that.
  • edited January 2014
    No they are perfect probably the best of all the sites i have played. Would like a couple of the 20 pound freerolls changed to half hour timed. 

• edited January 2014
    Keep the same as they are now, for 1 big reason, if you change to 15mins then winning anything more then £1 will be very hard, and it will only encourage everyone to shove chips every hand (might aswell just run all-in mtt) if this was the case.

Gl all at the tables
  • edited January 2014
    Just to clarify my original post.
    I suggested an all in freeroll simply because there have been many posts that suggest there are a lot of players with poker point mountains, never likely to be used.
    I wasn't suggesting all freerolls were changed.
    I just thought as those players had created traffic and rake to the site, they deserved an opportunity to use them.
    Of course! freerolls are a vital part of a beginners journey, and current structures offer a great opportunity to experience the game.
    But In my opinion, regulars who dont achieve priority but accumulate thousands of points deserve the opportunity to use them.
    I have no axe to grind as I do not accumulate significant points. I just opened the topic up for discussion.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Free Cash Freerolls - discussion:
    Just to clarify my original post. I suggested an all in freeroll simply because there have been many posts that suggest there are a lot of players with poker point mountains, never likely to be used. I wasn't suggesting all freerolls were changed. I just thought as those players had created traffic and rake to the site, they deserved an opportunity to use them. Of course! freerolls are a vital part of a beginners journey, and current structures offer a great opportunity to experience the game. But In my opinion, regulars who dont achieve priority but accumulate thousands of points deserve the opportunity to use them. I have no axe to grind as I do not accumulate significant points. I just opened the topic up for discussion.
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    +1
    I've accumulated over 5000 over time and will never use them up.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Free Cash Freerolls - discussion:
    Hi Somewhat inspired by this thread. Althought we wouldn't likely make the freerolls 'all-in' events, we could speed up the structure. At the end of the day, we want people to have to turn up and play but would you prefer it that, instead of say 60mins it was maybe 15 or 30 mins with a faster structure? Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    keep the 2 main freerolls timed games.but maybe move one too say 10pm and spread it out a bit more instead of having 2 freerolls within 15 minutes of each other.

maybe too stop all the sit outs only open reg 10 mins prior too the start of the game that way there is more chance of people playing than just registering and then sitting out the full game.
  • edited January 2014
    Length of freeroll`s are fine. IMO, the way they are. I like the structure but I do find it strange that two identical freerolls start within a quarter of an hour of each other. I would prefer them to be well spaced as churchy suggests.
  • edited January 2014
    Fine for me. I like DUM's idea and it sounds interesting but in terms of the Free Cash ones I think they are fine as they are.
  • edited January 2014
    Fine as they are.
  • edited January 2014

I don't play any of the current freerolls and have ~35k points.  any chance to use these points on some form of satellites would be greatly appreciated.

there used to be satellites a long time ago where you could buy in for a few thousand points and try to win entry into something like the primo. there also used to be 10 man sngs in the lobby where you could buy in for points and the winner won a seat into an mtt.

I can't make any comment on the freerolls etc but would love a chance to spin a big amount of points into something really good

• edited January 2014
    I like the time free rolls a lot. Need to only have reg open for 10 mins before and 10 mins after to sort out the away players. A bigger gap also would be better. One after the other I think. 
  • edited January 2014

the 7pm & 7.15pm freerolls are Sky's best 2 'daily' tournaments for all low stake players, and are great towards building up a bankroll.

PLEASE  PLEASE  PLEASE  DON'T CHANGE THEM.... THEY ARE GREAT AS THEY ARE!!!

(* *)  
       ^
    dev
  • edited January 2014
    I'd like to echo the majority of the posts on here, structure is fine, but split them up a bit more to keep those playerss on the site for longer
  • edited January 2014
    I think the point the Freerolls are so close together is to try and get new players to learn how to multitable.

This is why they are close together, means in the long run sky make more as new players will start playing 2 or 3 tables instead of 1.
  • edited March 2014
    Be good if they had something which I can use my points on. Satellites, tourneys, or maybe sum kind of shop on here. 
  • edited March 2014

Am happy with how the freerolls struture is as it is now ESP. the 5pm / 6pm & 7pm ones would be a real shame if they changed 
  • edited March 2014
    I don't play any of the current freerolls and have ~35k points.  any chance to use these points on some form of satellites would be greatly appreciated. there used to be satellites a long time ago where you could buy in for a few thousand points and try to win entry into something like the primo. there also used to be 10 man sngs in the lobby where you could buy in for points and the winner won a seat into an mtt. I can't make any comment on the freerolls etc but would love a chance to spin a big amount of points into something really good
    Posted by huuuuume
     +1

37k points and nowhere to spend them :-(

• edited March 2014
        Am happy with how the freerolls struture is as it is now ESP. the 5pm / 6pm & 7pm ones would be a real shame if they changed 
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    I would much prefer if they put the free cash freeroll back at 7 rather then a sat for a touney 3 weeks away
  • edited March 2014
    I love the freerolls, and think they are fine in format, but I would like to see the following:-

1) Many more 10pts freerolls after 2pm as the last 10pt freeroll seems to be at 2pm currently.

2) A weekly £250 gtd cash freeroll, which would attract a buy-in of say 75pts.

3) Introduction of experimental 0pts buy-in freeroll, with the itention of it being for practice purposes only

4) Introduction of a freeroll where the prizes are awarded in Points instead of cash, therefore name it "Poker Points Freeroll" so some of the members who don't get much chance to play for the higher point values can begin to accrue some points back by running well in a pre-designed freeroll.

• edited March 2014
    why dont you make the prize funds a little more top heavy?
  • edited April 2014
    why dont you make the prize funds a little more top heavy?
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Can understand why they don't. From the perspective of Sky, it's probably better for them to pay out more people smaller amounts than less people larger amounts. Ultimately, in tourneys like this, they want to keep the money on the site.

This is the reason why I don't play the Sunday Storm anymore; can't stand the payout 'structure', but understand why Stars go with it.
  • edited April 2014
    I too have many points (9K+ I think) but nowhere to spend them.

I have tried Ebay but nobody seemed interested!

Surely Sky could run some heavier buy in points tourneys like 500 or 1000 point for bigger prize pools?

• edited April 2014
    There's a freeroll at 7:15pm!? Never heard of it. I do play the 7pm timed now and again though. I need to start playing more freerolls, but Im always chasing points, so as they don't give you any points, I tend to stay away from them. I have 5400 points to spend. Why not have some freerolls that cost 500 points to enter with a bigger prize fund?