You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thewy flying the flag!

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat

Jules heads into Day Two of UKIPT Edinburgh with a useful stack of 42,300, with Blinds about to go 500-1,000 I believe.

Play commences at Noon today.

Chip Leader at present is young David Vamplew, an Edinburgh resident, who was actually born near St Andrews, I believe.

Good luck Jules, bring the money home!

Comments

• edited January 2014
    goodluck julian and goodluck to divsdream who also starts day 2 on a stack of 389000 
  • edited January 2014

Ooh, I never noticed Divvy was there, good luck to him, too.

lJAMESl is up with the leaders, too, Sam Grafton is doing OK, though Ian Le Bruce needs to get a move on, sitting at the foot of the leaderboard with 4 Bigs!

Good luck to them all.

Good luck also to so many of my friends still in, including Camel (Keith Hawkins), Dave Shallow (Dubai), Wadey, Richard Blacklock, Andrew Hulme, Sunny Chatta, Rupert Elder, Adam Picken & Dave Lloyd.

Incidentally, there is massive overlay - £73,000, I believe. Ouch.  

• edited January 2014

I've been reminded by SPT Rich, elsewhere, that there is another Sky Poker regular doing very well in this - StayOrGo.

He is currently third overall in chips.

Take it down man!

• edited January 2014

Good Luck to both Julian & David (divsdream) 
  • edited January 2014
    good luck thewy, divs, stay and any other sky regs
  • edited January 2014
    Just a question, is Julian representing Sky Poker ? if so why is he down as a poker stars qualifier ?
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Thewy flying the flag!:
    Just a question, is Julian representing Sky Poker ? if so why is he down as a poker stars qualifier ?
    Posted by Largearce
    Julian has an annual budget, but I've no idea if this Event is part of his Sky Poker schedule, & budget.

95% of the field are described as "Poker Stars Qualifiers/Players", which is a quirk of the system - players cannot buy-in at the venue, over the counter, with cash, so most of them have to buy in via the Client. They are then claimed to be 'Stars "Qualifiers or players".

I would also imagine that is why there is so much overlay - the venue does not have a GC Licence.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Thewy flying the flag! : Julian has an annual budget, but I've no idea if this Event is part of his Sky Poker schedule, & budget. 95% of the field are described as "Poker Stars Qualifiers/Players", which is a quirk of the system - players cannot buy-in at the venue, over the counter, with cash, so most of them have to buy in via the Client. They are then claimed to be 'Stars "Qualifiers or players". I would also imagine that is why there is so much overlay - the venue does not have a GC Licence.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the answer.
    Also David Price (Diamond81) and team diamond captain still in it
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Thewy flying the flag! : Thanks for the answer. Also David Price (Diamond81) and team diamond captain still in it
    Posted by Largearce
    Wow, the field is full of Sky Poker regulars, good luck to David, who is an exceptionally fine young man, & a great player.
  • edited January 2014
  • edited January 2014

Thewy took a big hit early doors, when his Q-Q was bested by A-Q which hit a straight.

Shove mode engaged, range widened considerably now, I would imagine......

• edited January 2014
    Thewy took a big hit early doors, when his Q-Q was bested by A-Q which hit a straight. Shove mode engaged, range widened considerably now, I would imagine......  
    Posted by Tikay10
    You could say that Thewy's range is now wider then the grand canyon.  You see how I linked two threads together there?  Been getting tips from Orford ;)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Thewy flying the flag! : You could say that Thewy's range is now wider then the grand canyon.  You see how I linked two threads together there?  Been getting tips from Orford ;)
    Posted by cenachav
    Very clever, but Thewy's range is always wider than the Grand Canyon. Right now, we are talking Harry Redknapp wide.  
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Thewy flying the flag! : Very clever, but Thewy's range is always wider than the Grand Canyon. Right now, we are talking Harry Redknapp wide.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thats wider then Widey McFall, winner of last years Mr Wide competition!
  • edited January 2014

Unforch, Thewy is OUTO
  • edited January 2014

Cheers guys for good luck msgs. got a good stack then got 2/1 on AQCC. Guy had KJsd. King flop all in pre dented me. Then found spot get back to well above average. Aces BB. UTG tight player raised 2.5xbb, small blind calls. I tank play the acting.. utg stack 68k. sblind massive stack so know al get least 1 call. I jam 28kish. utg all in . I turn over AA. HE HAS 1010. flop 545 turn 8 river u guessed it 10  out bout 115th a think. Had Wadey at table for a bit Tikay.