You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Commenting on a players game

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
I know the forum can be used for commenting on specific hands and how villain/hero played a particular hand or situation. What about commenting on a players actual game, i.e. a cash session, MTT or SNG where you have sat with the player.

Is this allowed on the forum? Would it be bad etiquette to do this or to ask for this?

The reason I ask is I don't particularly have a lot of people I know who play poker, and those that do will play a home game and not really take much to do with online and the differences that online poker has. Lets say I wanted to open a thread that invited comments about my game, good and bad, and stated I was willing to take the criticism and any abuse that came with that? Would this be considered poor form? Would I be asking players to give away too much information for free?

As stated above, there isn't really much of an option to get people to run over sessions or history to look at what I did good or bad but there could be forum members willing to point out the bad bits to help improve my game. I think watching videos and posting hands is good but identifying real areas of weakness from people who understand and play the game a lot would be more beneficial.

Would it work? Is it possible? Is it just pie in the SKY!!!!

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Commenting on a players game:
    I know the forum can be used for commenting on specific hands and how villain/hero played a particular hand or situation. What about commenting on a players actual game, i.e. a cash session, MTT or SNG where you have sat with the player. Is this allowed on the forum? Would it be bad etiquette to do this or to ask for this? The reason I ask is I don't particularly have a lot of people I know who play poker, and those that do will play a home game and not really take much to do with online and the differences that online poker has. Lets say I wanted to open a thread that invited comments about my game, good and bad, and stated I was willing to take the criticism and any abuse that came with that? Would this be considered poor form? Would I be asking players to give away too much information for free? As stated above, there isn't really much of an option to get people to run over sessions or history to look at what I did good or bad but there could be forum members willing to point out the bad bits to help improve my game. I think watching videos and posting hands is good but identifying real areas of weakness from people who understand and play the game a lot would be more beneficial. Would it work? Is it possible? Is it just pie in the SKY!!!!
    Posted by dabossman
    Not poor form at all, perfectly fine. If other players don't want to give away their secrets, they don't have to Post.

Constructive criticism is absolutely fine, but they would not be permitted to abuse you, that would be poor form. & not acceptable.

There are few places more helpful than this Community when a player wants some help, or comment, on their game.

Good luck.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Commenting on a players game:
    I know the forum can be used for commenting on specific hands and how villain/hero played a particular hand or situation. What about commenting on a players actual game, i.e. a cash session, MTT or SNG where you have sat with the player. Is this allowed on the forum? Would it be bad etiquette to do this or to ask for this? The reason I ask is I don't particularly have a lot of people I know who play poker, and those that do will play a home game and not really take much to do with online and the differences that online poker has. Lets say I wanted to open a thread that invited comments about my game, good and bad, and stated I was willing to take the criticism and any abuse that came with that? Would this be considered poor form? Would I be asking players to give away too much information for free? As stated above, there isn't really much of an option to get people to run over sessions or history to look at what I did good or bad but there could be forum members willing to point out the bad bits to help improve my game. I think watching videos and posting hands is good but identifying real areas of weakness from people who understand and play the game a lot would be more beneficial. Would it work? Is it possible? Is it just pie in the SKY!!!!
    Posted by dabossman
    Dabossman A few of your fellow TPTers have posted in the past about getting together on Skype  to discuss hands , strategies etc. You may get a good response if you post on our thread.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Commenting on a players game:
    In Response to Commenting on a players game : Not poor form at all, perfectly fine. If other players don't want to give away their secrets, they don't have to Post.   Constructive criticism is absolutely fine, but they would not be permitted to abuse you, that would be poor form. & not acceptable.   There are few places more helpful than this Community when a player wants some help, or comment, on their game.   Good luck.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I wasnt really sure if it was the "done" thing but thank you for clarifying Teeks
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Commenting on a players game : Dabossman A few of your fellow TPTers have posted in the past about getting together on Skype  to discuss hands , strategies etc. You may get a good response if you post on our thread.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Will do Dale and as everyone knows there really is only 1 properly good team on SKY that is filled with the best players.

COME ON TPT
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Commenting on a players game : I wasnt really sure if it was the "done" thing but thank you for clarifying Teeks
    Posted by dabossman
    No worries Boss.

PS - it is tikay. Or Tony Kendall. Sir, if you wish. Mr Kendall even. But never teeks. Miss Fowler carries responsibility for this. She will regret it.  
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Commenting on a players game : No worries Boss. PS - it is tikay. Or Tony Kendall. Sir, if you wish. Mr Kendall even. But never teeks. Miss Fowler carries responsibility for this. She will regret it.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Or Chief Mechanic
  • edited January 2014
    The "Abuse will not be tolerated" rule does not apply to the following players:

BorinLoner
    Lambert180
    GREGHOGG
    TommyD
    MattBates
    RICHORFORD
    RicOrford
    Tikay10
    tikay1
    MissFowler

In fact, abuse of these players' games is positively encouraged. :)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Commenting on a players game : No worries Boss. PS - it is tikay. Or Tony Kendall. Sir, if you wish. Mr Kendall even. But never teeks. Miss Fowler carries responsibility for this. She will regret it.  
    Posted by Tikay10

My apologies for the faux pas Mr Kendall Sir :)

Would his Tonyness do?
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Commenting on a players game : My apologies for the faux pas Mr Kendall Sir :) Would his Tonyness do?
    Posted by dabossman
    Ha!

ANYTHING except "teeks" please.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Commenting on a players game : Ha! ANYTHING except " teeks " please.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Anything???????

What about Orford :)
  • edited January 2014
    The "Abuse will not be tolerated" rule does not apply to the following players: BorinLoner Lambert180 GREGHOGG TommyD MattBates RICHORFORD RicOrford Tikay10 tikay1 MissFowler In fact, abuse of these players' games is positively encouraged. :)
    Posted by BorinLoner
    ADD.......

Natalie Hi-Vis Bromley.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Commenting on a players game : Ha! ANYTHING except " teeks " please.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Teacakes is fine then :)
  • edited January 2014
    Posted by Tikay10
    So, Sir Tony 'Tikay' Kendall is the full title then. I have to say I prefer Tea Cakes though.
  • edited January 2014
    Posted by Tikay10
    How about teekels? :D
  • edited January 2014
    Tikay been derailing again? ;)

I think its fine OP, I did the same thing a couple of years ago, although most people replied and said that people prob won't want to give away their info, at least not in a public forum.

I'd reply but very rarely see you at the tables
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Commenting on a players game : ADD....... Natalie Hi-Vis Bromley.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sigh
  • edited January 2014
    Tikay been derailing again? ;) I think its fine OP, I did the same thing a couple of years ago, although most people replied and said that people prob won't want to give away their info, at least not in a public forum. I'd reply but very rarely see you at the tables
    Posted by Lambert180

Thanks Lambert. To be fair to Sir Tony "Tikay" Kendall it wasn't really his fault for derailing the thread. I knew his Tonyness had a soft spot for the name that can not be mentioned!!!!!

Getting back on topic, I kinda thought most people wouldn't really want to comment on another players game on the forum. I just thought I would bring it up and see if there was any appetite for it. 

I think it will be a long time before I make it to the levels you play at Lambert.....well at least if I want to operate sound BRM. :)