You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

televised sit and go

hi all, i am playing a live sit n go on january 4th which is going to be aired in february

i havent played many live sit and gos, and its a fast structure

10000 chips, 100/200 blinds with a 15min clock

9 players and top 2 qualify

what is the best strategy? should i look for flops early on or just wait for big hands?

cheers

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Thats a redic structure -

I would look who else your playing if possible and figure out thier game. This thing will become a shove fest so perhaps try for an early double up and pressure from then on.

If you can double just look for weakness by some and jam them all in chipping up slowly if it works, perhaps play
    a few speed sit and goes on here or some site that offers them so you can go in with an idea of how to play it to your ability.
  • edited December 2009
    where will it be televised? any information about it as in what is it?
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: televised sit and go:
    Thats a redic structure - I would look who else your playing if possible and figure out thier game. This thing will become a shove fest so perhaps try for an early double up and pressure from then on. If you can double just look for weakness by some and jam them all in chipping up slowly if it works, perhaps play a few speed sit and goes on here or some site that offers them so you can go in with an idea of how to play it to your ability.
    Posted by Nutter5932
    cheers for that

yeh i wish it was deep stack but im happy to play for the tv experience really

i think im gna take it easy and play position early on, and hope for the best in later levels!!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: televised sit and go:
    where will it be televised? any information about it as in what is it?
    Posted by BlackFish3

yep its 4  9 player sit and gos, with top 2 in each and 1 3rd place making a final table of 9

the games are going to be played 2nd week of january with it being shon in february on sky channel 833, brit asia tv.
  • edited December 2009
    Don't play anything other than QQ+ for the first two/three levels.  Spend this time assessing everyone else's game and especially those you think notice you are playing redic' tight.  Your aim by doing this is to notice when in the later levels where you need to steel the blinds who will give you credit for a big hand when you shove to steel with ATC (when the blinds are worth it).  Get a nitty image and you can get away with murder (watch some Dan Harrington at the WSOP final table for a reference).  Get creative from five handed onwards.

Best of luck.