You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

When you gotta go you gotta go

2»

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: When you gotta go you gotta go:
    Sounds to me like you play alot of sht hands lol
    Posted by daztheKID

Sounds to me like you talk through your.............you know, where the sht comes from.
  • edited December 2009
    No I'm genuinely interested.  This thread is telling me we've lost some and sometimes that will be more evident to their friends within the forum than me.  Personally, I'd like to contact them to see what we could do differently.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Dont worry about contacting them reply tomy e-mail that i sent you a few hours ago first :)
  • edited December 2009
      Well Known  ? Respected ?      oh well we cant have that then can we ..................   :) 

• edited December 2009
      Well Known  ? Respected ?      oh well we cant have that then can we ..................   :)     
    Posted by bennydip2
    i didnt have you down as being sarcastic benny,you know yourself who the players are.i dont think they would have taken very kindly to those question marks on your post.dav
  • edited December 2009
    No I'm genuinely interested.  This thread is telling me we've lost some and sometimes that will be more evident to their friends within the forum than me.  Personally, I'd like to contact them to see what we could do differently.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    I know of three players who are leaving the site soon.  Their names are Sky_Santa, Sky_Elf & Sky_Rudolph, if you could persuade them to stay AND keep giving out prizes that would be a job well done.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: When you gotta go you gotta go : I know of three players who are leaving the site soon.  Their names are Sky_Santa, Sky_Elf & Sky_Rudolph, if you could persuade them to stay AND keep giving out prizes that would be a job well done.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    lol kiwini trust you to think of that
  • edited December 2009
    I'm not well known, or respected (at least not here!), but I too am on an extended hiatus from sky.  Over the last month or two I literally can do no right in games on here,if I get my money in ahead I lose, if I get it in behind I lose.  Don't know what it is - except annoying!  Preflop,post-flop, turn, river, great pocket cards, awful pocket cards, seeing it all. Faring much better elsewhere strangely so will play there until I getr bored and decide to have yet another 'one more time' on sky.
    Can't see how Sky is any different to any other poker site really in terms of the game, its just one of those things.
    The forum and community are second to none though and I will probably continue to peruse at my leisure.
  • edited December 2009

Dav  I dont know of any   "players leaving the site"  !!  However I do know of some who keep throwing their toys out the pram.   ONE  has said they're leaving about 4 times now ??  
     and my remarks are sarcastic,  because they are  all attention seekers   they cant play  poker but want to be loved .. muppets

I do have issue's with the software not being a down-loadable site for sure, but I dont let it bother me because I dont play big stakes here ..
    So getting back to the question of well respected players leaving,  *!)^& em big babies, they want to grow up ..  ? anyways Dav you and Elsadog  are not included in what I said.
    Merry Xmas and happy new year  !!  

• edited December 2009
    THANKS FOR THE REPLY BENNY AND MAYBE AS YOU HAVE BEEN ON THIS SITE LONGER THAN I THEN YOU MAY WELL BE RIGHT IN YOUR STATEMENT.I AM THEREFORE SORRY TO QUESTION WHAT YOU SAID AS I HAVE PLAYED YOU MANY TIMES AND KNOW YOU TO BE A VERY GOOD SPORT AND HONEST PERSON.MERRY XMAS TO YOU AS WELL.dav
  • edited December 2009

THOUGHT I HAD BETTER GIVE AN UPDATE ALSO ON MY SICK RIVER POST EARLIER.FORTUNES HAVE CHANGED FOR THE BETTER AS VIRTUALLY ALL HANDS THAT IVE GONE IN AHEAD ON PRE FLOP HAVE BEEN HOLDING UP.THIS INCLUDES MY SAT ENTRY IN 2NITES 12K B/H.gl all dav

• edited December 2009
    Posted by Sky_Des

HOW ABOUT MAKING THE SITE WORK, THEN IMPROVING WOULD BE MUCH MORE FUN ----INNIT!!!!

• edited December 2009
    Dav.. trust me, when you read the,  " that's it I'm off "  threads,  they'll be back or if there not then who's going to miss their whinging anyways ..
    I always go through life,  and  poker with the attitude of  'my glass is half full"  not 'half empty" !!

Which reminds me my 'Mulled' wine is only half full, better get it  topped up then :)

glk mate,  may the flop be with you ........
  • edited December 2009
    Glad to see you guys have made up......if you ever fell out.

I don't blame anyone or anything, but I KNOW when it's running bad (very bad even) and so my way of thinking is you can either try to stick it out, play through it or whatever. Me I just play elsewhere, somewhere where I'm running better. I have a good roi of 50%+ on sky but that's no reason to pursue a losing streak. I really can't hit a bulls backside with a banjo on here at the moment. Whereas, I'm currently in the money in a 400 runner Omaha elsewhere for the second night running. I couldn't even win a £2 Omaha DYM on here earlier.

The forum is the best, the folk on here are the best, but the poker (for me) is terrible.
  • edited December 2009
    get in there elsa.im davs mrs if you didnt already know and seeing as im playing now and not him (but he is sitting with me) he wanted me to post a gl message to ya.debs
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks debs and dav...... I'm still in this Omaha thingy....11th of the last 32  :o) I'm doing last minute pressy wrapping and playing HiLo lol.

All the best for Christmas to you both.
  • edited December 2009
    Finished 19th of 404......not bad seeing as it's not my strongest game.
  • edited December 2009
    VERY WELL DONE ELSA HAVE A LOVELY DAY.DEB AND DAV XX
  • edited December 2009
    I hope to see you soon Alan. It appears more and more respected players are leaving the site. Razorkev went earlier today and TBH I am having an elongated break from the tables and the forum, but for entirely different reasons. This too, will be my last post for a while.
    Posted by Hale72
    Hi Hayley,

I've written you a couple of PM's. (Two, because of that annoying character limit of 2,000!).

They are Private, & must remain so, but you will know that, because I think you have been most discrete throught this Thread. Respect to you for that.

Whatever happens in the future, I wish you well.

x
  • edited December 2009

It has been suggested on this Thread that a lot of respected players are leaving this Site. I'm afraid a bit of "churn" is inevitable, but the churn rate at Sky Poker is an industry low. There will always be players leaving & joining.

Right now, overall, more players, & more "uniques", are spending more time on Sky Poker, & no words can distort that - it's a fact. The numbers have never been higher - fact.

If anyone thinks any of us don't care, they are very wrong. But, you know, some times things don't always go "just so". That does not mean we don't care though. We do.

I wish you all well.
  • edited December 2009
    It has been suggested on this Thread that a lot of respected players are leaving this Site. I'm afraid a bit of "churn" is inevitable, but the churn rate at Sky Poker is an industry low. There will always be players leaving & joining. Right now, overall, more players, & more "uniques", are spending more time on Sky Poker, & no words can distort that - it's a fact. The numbers have never been higher - fact. If anyone thinks any of us don't care, they are very wrong. But, you know, some times things don't always go "just so". That does not mean we don't care though. We do. I wish you all well.
    Posted by Tikay10

I care that you care!

Take care!

(and have a nice break)