You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hunting for Tommy C. The Diary of a Pokerbot.

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat

When my great uncle Wolfgang died late last year at the venerable age of 92 it didn't come as a shock to any of us. After all 92 is a good innings in anyones book. What did come as a shock though was that he left to me in his will his old house on Dartmoor.
He was a strange old coot was uncle Wolfgang. He'd been a rocket scientist for the Germans during the war but  had been snapped up by the Yanks(before the Russians got him he said) to help Oppenheimer develop the A-bomb and NASA their first steps in putting a man into space. He used to tell the most amazing stories to us about his time at Area 51, which we listened to in awe when we were at family gatherings,like the time they injected liquid mercury into a mans spine hoping to cure his scoliosis. It worked a treat he told us though there were some unfortunate side effects. Apparently in the summer the man was 6ft tall but in the winter only 4ft 11. And he claimed to be the only man in the world to have an artificial leg but a real foot! We,as kids were too scared to find out i that was the truth or not.
He left America in 1988 and came to England to be near what little family he had left and bought himself a place on the moors because he liked the privacy it offered. And it was there that he lived out his final years.
All these memories came flooding back to me as i struggled to unlock the door to what was now my house on the moors. What i had forgotten during my trip down memory lane with uncle Wolfgang, was that amongst the rockets and missiles and bombs and spaceflights, his one true love above and beyond all others was...Robotics! This lapse in memory was going to be rectified in the next few minutes. A fact that i was blissfully unaware of as the lock finally gave and i pushed open the door......

Comments