You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lag with new software

I've recently started playing again after a break of about six months and have been suffering awful lag with the new software. I found it literally impossible to play three tables yesterday.

I've spotted a few threads with similar comments and was wondering if it was a common problem with the software or should I be looking at my internet connection. It's worth mentioning I didn't have a problem with the old software and have a new computer with 8GB memory.

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Yes I get awful lag which is why I am still playing with the old tables.
  • edited January 2014
    I was playing 4 tables tonight and did not enjoy it,due to the lag.
    When I got down to 1 table ,evry thing was alright!
  • edited January 2014
    +1, i play threw the browser now which helps it run smoother but id prefer to play on the download, the thing that annoys me is nobody from sky even bothers to let you know what the problem is and what there doing to rectify it, 
    just a little post from somebody saying " hey we realise that things arnt as smooth as they should be and were doing this, this and that to make it better " id be happy with that and be patient while they sort the job out.
  • edited January 2014
    site is sh ite quite honestley zingo poker off facebook has better connection etc !! call yourself a poker site shameful !!! games not launching where do i fockin start ?? sort yourself out sky !! like theres no games in doulble up at all at the moment !!!!! 4.40 am 21 /1/14 wtf is that about? i give up !!!!!

• edited January 2014
    Hello,

Thank you for the feedback on this. This is something that we are investigating to see if we can recreate. As this isn't an issue that is being experienced by everybody it is not one that we can just implement a fix for.

We need as much information as possible about the lag that you are experiencing. Because of this it is best to report these issues to customer care who can answer your questions as well as acquire the information that we need in the best way. 

To help us investigate this we need information such as are you playing on the download client or a browser? Do you have other programmes open at the same time? Are you playing tournaments, cash or a mixture? Customer Care are best placed to assist with this so if you can direct information to them that would be much appreciated.

With our investigations ongoing we will keep you up to date with any information we have.

Thanks

Sam
  • edited January 2014
    U GOTTA LOVE SKY FOR THAT RESPOSE ITS NOT A FAULT EVERYONES EXPERIANCING REALLY !!!!! LOOK AT THE THREADS ALMOST EVERYONE IVE SEEN OR SPOKE TO OVER LAST FEW MONTHS ARE EXPERIENACING IT ON MY THREAD THERE WAS 12 DIFF PEOPLE SAYING IT NOW 6 ON HERE PLUS 2 OTHER THREADS MOANING AT THE LAG !!!! OH WELL MAY BE NEXT YEAR :-)
  • edited January 2014
    cant type chat in new table where am I going wrong
  • edited January 2014
    THE LAG TONIGHT IS STUPID  TRYING TO DO A MTT PLUS 2 STT AND I GIVE UP PLEASE SKY HELP US
    IM USING INTERNET EXPLORER USING THE FLASH CLIENT IVE GOT A QUAD CORE 2.8 GHZ 4 GIG OF RAM ANY THING ELSE PLEASE ASK IL SORT IT OUT
  • edited January 2014
    Playing with the download client tonight, I loaded four tables and, for 10-15 minutes, it was ok. But then it literally started grinding to a halt and the lag made it impossible to play. I had no other programmes running.
    My computer has 8GB RAM, and an AMD Quad-Core Processor A4-5000 and runs Windows 8.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Lag with new software:
    U GOTTA LOVE SKY FOR THAT RESPOSE ITS NOT A FAULT EVERYONES EXPERIANCING REALLY !!!!! LOOK AT THE THREADS ALMOST EVERYONE IVE SEEN OR SPOKE TO OVER LAST FEW MONTHS ARE EXPERIENACING IT ON MY THREAD THERE WAS 12 DIFF PEOPLE SAYING IT NOW 6 ON HERE PLUS 2 OTHER THREADS MOANING AT THE LAG !!!! OH WELL MAY BE NEXT YEAR :-)
    Posted by chefboy79
    I've never had a problem with lag tbh.
  • edited January 2014
    There has always been a lag as far as I can remember. You make any move and it takes half a second to respond. Not the end of the world, but just another annoying thing. The whole package has never had a great "look-and-feel" about it in my opinion. Play PKR for a month and you will realise the complete gulf in quality between the two packages.

As an ex-systems developer I have written the beginnings of a front end hold'em program. I did it at work when I was bored and it only took me a few days. All it did was deal six random hands, then dealt a flop, turn and river, and determined which hand was the winner. Not rocket science, but even that little program looked more attractive than Sky's!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Lag with new software:
    Yes I get awful lag which is why I am still playing with the old tables.
    Posted by jonjo75
    I'm the same, though this weekend even though im pressing play with the old style, the new style is popping up and causing horrific lag mid hands, i'm also found a couple of times that my cards were not visable, especially if lag had occured towards the end of the previous hand. 

Strange that with the old tables though, no problems whatsoever, so can't say its my connection. 

Keep the old tables for me, the new ones look ok, but are not up to standard yet and unfortunaly i just don't trust them enough to play them. 
  • edited January 2014
    what the hell tourny game good stack then serious lagging skypoker sort it out or players will leave not right what this site is doing serious lagging issues poor platform GET IT SORTED SKYPOKER