You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Did I butcher this hand?!

edited January 2014 in The Poker Clinic
dubzs Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £21.27
JCR Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £14.94
  Your hole cards

splashies Fold        
mr100 Fold        
mrdavies Raise   £0.80 £1.10 £27.53
AKAJOE Fold        
dubzs Fold        
JCR Call   £0.60 £1.70 £14.34
Flop

JCR Bet   £0.85 £2.55 £13.49
mrdavies Raise   £2.00 £4.55 £25.53
JCR Call   £1.15 £5.70 £12.34
Turn

• Q

JCR Check        
mrdavies Bet   £3.00 £8.70 £22.53
JCR Call   £3.00 £11.70 £9.34
River

JCR All-in   £9.34 £21.04 £0.00
mrdavies Call   £9.34 £30.38 £13.19
JCR Show
  • J

mrdavies Show

JCR Win Straight to the Queen £28.86   £28.86

Comments

• edited January 2014
    No mate,

But fold the river. With the 4 to a straight on the board, we can only beat a pure bluff.

Unlucky
  • edited January 2014
    the guy was limping - and calling any raise from 60p to £1, regardless of anything..position, image etc.

worst thing is i had a read that he tended to lead out with draws / middle / bottom pairs, so im not sure wether or not i should make flop raise bigger becasue the way he is playing i think he calls anything, but  i also tried keeping pot small.

planned to check turn if it comes a semi scare card - so when he leads out im thinking he has either hit nuts or picked up more outs ie. FD SD 2P.

Should I just fold river? his image wasn't very good to say the least so he could have shoved 2 pair, BFD W/P or turned his hand into a bluff to get me off KK AA or what I had! I don't know, just one of them spots where I had to see it!

Just want to know how everyone else would play it?
  • edited January 2014
    sorry larson, it wouldnt let me type in the box, so had to do the question seperately. After typing all that out and looking at hand again, i think its a poor call. But he was playing so erratically i thought he could well of had no other way of winning the pot but to get it in, hindsight the lead out on turn speaks volumes.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Did I butcher this hand?!:
    No mate, But fold the river. With the 4 to a straight on the board, we can only beat a pure bluff. Unlucky
    Posted by LARSON7
    Yeah, what she said. Rarely is the shove something other than a jack.
  • edited January 2014
    If you raise the flop then you should raise a lot bigger. You're either getting a call or you're not (within reason), like £2.50 will get calls just as often so get max value. I'd probably go like £2.80 on the flop

Definitely bigger on the turn. The turn as palyed with the pot being £5.70, I probably go like £4.10

As played, prob sigh fold river.