You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Barney Curley 1 of the shrewdest trainers going

edited January 2014 in Betting Chat
One of the greatest gambles of all time has been landed in the 6:25 at Kempton. Barney Curley, one of the most renowned gamblers has organised to win four races in one day even though he’s retired.
The legendary trainer has passed his training base onto Des Donovan who has trained two winners today already in Indus Valley 4:25 Kempton(was 20/1 earlier and won at 4/6) and Eye of the Tiger (was 10/1 won at Evens) Another ex Curley horse called Seven Summit won at 9/4 having been 7/1 in the 1:40 Catterick.
All the money went onto Low Key who was 7/1 but won at 4/7 with accumulators, Yankees and Lucky 15s all waiting on the fourth horse.
Liabilities won’t be fully known until later this evening, but it could run into the millions.
Barney refused to comment to the racing post this morning when asked about the gamble and is not known for making interviews.
The four horses were 9,000-1 last night, 44-1 at lunchtime today and SP was 16-1
Galway racing fans will have the chance to meet the great man himself at the John Mulholland and Racing Post Cheltenham Preview night in a few weeks.

Comments

• edited January 2014
    absolutely brilliant although my bookie 365 hit hard and I have a kind of soft spot for them. However at least they not welshing on the bets as it appears Sky Bet are trying to.

If they take accumalators on the four individual races how can they then say they are related contingencies after the event. Ok if you find out something is going on, suspend betting but dont take the bets and try and get out of them afterwards. 

Shame and if anybody in this situation I suggest you write to betting authorities. 
  • edited January 2014
    it amazes me how u can still get 20/1 on a barney curley horse with hes reputation is a shrewd trainer things like the make u think horse racing is  b  e   n  t i dnt like to thjink like that tho but with these gambles on horses how can u not think like this
  • edited January 2014
    he is not the trainer of any of them and the three different trainers should be congratulated on getting their horses fit to win. So many times horses that have been off for 700, 481 and 350 days are thought to be fit by their trainers only to go out like alight first time out. 

Also Seven Summits had to jump hurdles , any one of which he could have fell or been brought down by. Dont feel sorry for bookies.  
  • edited January 2014
    wouldnt be suprsied big mac being on atttheraces after the 4 timer u seen this from a while bk they dnt get on lol

watch this :)

http://youtu.be/LfPpBpDaSXE
  • edited January 2014
    if only we were friends with the crooked old t*** we would all be very rich men!!!
  • edited January 2014
    so these trainers took over hes yard and he aint involved in anyway at all yeah right

these look like the old fashioned barney curley gambles to me
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Barney Curley 1 of the shrewdest trainers going:
    so these trainers took over hes yard and he aint involved in anyway at all yeah right these look like the old fashioned barney curley gambles to me
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Im sure Curley was involved, didnt say he wasnt, but dont give false facts.

Three different trainers involved and only one at one of his old establishment.

Three different owners.

Also whatever you think of the man and his associates dont take away from them that if this was thought out they did it really well. and were pretty lucky as well

Have a feeling you a bit miffed you weren't on.  
  • edited January 2014
    im not miffed good luck to the guy he owes me nothing ive backed a fair few of hes winners :)
  • edited January 2014
    are sky delaying paying out?