You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

why play anywhere else :

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
I used too play other sites, but started my online poker at sky a couple a years ago, 

After a while i found my way back here from when i started playing for money and not for fun.

but since i've been back ive got more into the forum side of things and now a member of TPT which has been fantastic and a great bunch of guys and gals, and not just from TPT but mixing with the other teams aswell a great laugh and makes playing really enjoyable.

As i have a small bankroll i only play small stakes and won a seat into the turbo last night through a sat, and too top it off won a seat for next weeks game last night on the live show just for posting on the thread for the live show. where the presenters and pro's always willing to give advice and answer any question i have.

winning something like this is great fro me as £11 might not be alot too some of the players who play on here but is a good chunk of my br if i choose to play this game. so thanks again.

I'm not sure if other sites do that but i wont be playing anywhere else as i find the community on sky fantastic and and the feedback u get from all the players and the presenters great and always get back too you with an answer

i love playing all types of games from the dtd's on Mondays the orfordable on a Friday and sometimes the turbo Tuesdays and always look forward to playing here. 

see u at the tables, well the small stake ones anyway.

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Excellent post sir.

There is more to Sky poker than just the poker, as silly as that might sound. Whilst other sites might offer bigger MTT's and have better traffic etc etc, Sky poker as a packaged site comes up trumps for me and many others.
  • edited January 2014
    I love playing on Sky, but I do spend some time on other sites playing Stud or Mixed Games, neither of which are offered on Sky.
  • edited January 2014

why i love sky poker,now that is a difficult question for me,i play for fun and also like the forum fun, to rail friends i have made along the way and sometimes i must send them crazy with my rail antics,i play them up so much, but i am sure i have never upset any of them, well hope not,sky poker you always make me smile,the only site that will put up with me :):):)xxxxx love you xxxxx paige

• edited January 2014
    Nice post Chris I agree with you about the community TV shows etc but the game play experience is far from good. The lag and disconnection issues are very annoying and a real let down from the other great things about Sky Poker. This is why I choose to play most of my poker else where but I hope that 1 day soon the site resolves these issues and I and I am sure many more would return to playing more on this site.

gl at the tables Chris.
  • edited January 2014
    the community is good but when it comes to playing not so good when u expereince playing multitables then u will experience a few problems tables freezing up losing connection the software is really poor i still be around for the community aspect but im going elsewhere
  • edited January 2014
    Nothing wrong with the software i can play 4 tables and no problems, i got rid of all my secure software for sky poker and it runs so well :):):):) lol xxx
  • edited January 2014
  • edited January 2014
    i haven't had many problems with the software, my only problem seems too be registering in the dym lobbys, it says 1/2 but the game has started. when im playing i have had no problems, and really enjoy the new software with the resizing options and snap screening making it much easier for me to multitable.

i don't play any other games that aren't on sky so can understand why u would play on other sites.

i had a go a plo8 which hasn't been great so far still getting my head around it but just plo i done ok, came 3rd last night in a plo mtt :) 

im sure sky will be trying too resolve these issues and will be looking into them rather than losing valuable players who are seen on the live shows on a regular basis.