You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Find the fold?

edited January 2014 in The Poker Clinic
xSmall blind 200.00200.008640.00
RyanC7Big blind 400.00600.0011825.00
 Your hole cards

chrisdboyFold    
harpooprahFold    
hhyftrftdrRaise 800.001400.0011955.00
IEatDonksFold    
xCall 600.002000.008040.00
RyanC7Fold    
Flop

xAll-in 8040.0010040.000.00
Can we ever fold this? 

Comments

• edited January 2014
    We need 44% equity so unless you have a concrete read that villain only ever jams this flop with sets and 47 then no, we can't fold. We have at least 54% equity vs every other hand.
  • edited January 2014
    I shouldn't imagine so!

Pretty easy call, and cross our fingers.
  • edited January 2014
    Wouldnt be able to sleep at night if i folded this
  • edited January 2014
    This is the opposite of a crying call!!  You should be insta calling, then run around high fiving anyone in the vicinity  :)  

The only time you should EVER fold this is when there are serious ICM considerations, so for example if you are playing a satellite, 10 get the seat, you're 11th with a middling stack and the person shoving has you covered.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Find the fold?:
    This is the opposite of a crying call!!  You should be insta calling, then run around high fiving anyone in the vicinity  :)   The only time you should EVER fold this is when there are serious ICM considerations, so for example if you are playing a satellite, 10 get the seat, you're 11th with a middling stack and the person shoving has you covered.
    Posted by crassh

Am i the only one for who this post has gone right over their head ? :)

The first part i agree with as in i would also snap call here but the 2nd part i just dont understand what your saying ?   If i was in a sat in 11th pos with a middling stack and 10 seats up for grabs i couldnt get my chips in fast enough in this situation so either you have worded your post wrong or i have alot to learn :)

I could understand a fold if u were in 2nd place and were going up against the chip leader when you already just about had a seat locked up but your saying fold when you havnt even got a seat yet and with great odds of doubling up and getting into the winning positions !

Would love for you to explain more about why you think this should be a fold in that situation mate
  • edited January 2014
  • edited January 2014
    even against aces think ya ahead
  • edited January 2014
    Yeah, no way am I folding this.
  • edited January 2014
    I couldn't hit call quick enough. 

As soon as it fell, I knew I could never really fold this flop. Certainly wasn't expecting a donk shove for 4x the pot though. Not a big fan of calling off with a draw, but given that this was a made hand with multiple combo draws, I snapped him off. 

----------------------------------------------------------

Dim, I get Crassh's point. If I was just on the cusp of the seats but sitting comfortably, then it's a situation I can probably pass. Could shove that hand on that flop, but calling off is probs wrong in a sat.

If I was needing a double up then there is no way I'd pass, equally if I was 3/14, and 10 get seats, and the chip leader donk shoves here it's an easy fold. 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Find the fold?:
    I couldn't hit call quick enough.  As soon as it fell, I knew I could never really fold this flop. Certainly wasn't expecting a donk shove for 4x the pot though. Not a big fan of calling off with a draw, but given that this was a made hand with multiple combo draws, I snapped him off.  ---------------------------------------------------------- Dim, I get Crassh's point. If I was just on the cusp of the seats but sitting comfortably, then it's a situation I can probably pass. Could shove that hand on that flop, but calling off is probs wrong in a sat. If I was needing a double up then there is no way I'd pass, equally if I was 3/14, and 10 get seats, and the chip leader donk shoves here it's an easy fold. 
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Think i get what he is saying now that you worded it better for me mate :)

Still hard for me to fold it even in that situation though but im only thinking primo sats here and no doubt wsop main event sats might give me more to think about :)