You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Is Juan the Man?

edited February 2014 in The Football Corner
As the title suggests, do you think Juan Mata is a good signing for Man United?

Personally, I think it's a step in the right direction but the money could be better spent in other postitions.

How easy that is I don't know.

Also, I'm a City fan so all of this could be a bluff!

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014
    great signing, chelsea's best player for the past 2 seasons and at 25 years old has his prime years ahead of him, man utd will have to change there system to get the best out of him though which i have no problem with as 4-4-2 is dead in my eyes.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Is Juan the Man?:
    great signing, chelsea's best player for the past 2 seasons and at 25 years old has his prime years ahead of him, man utd will have to change there system to get the best out of him though which i have no problem with as 4-4-2 is dead in my eyes.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Yeah agreed. I guess it means the end of Nani then or is it someone else who'll have to make way?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Read somewhere before Mourinho became manager that Mata and Luiz werent "his" type of players. One down one to go and rumours persist Barcelona interested in Luiz.

As a Chelsea fan gutted but you have to trust the manager. Be interesting to see who he buys with the money.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Great signing, as a neutral it's a relief to see him staying in the premiership.

Better than Ozil, Hazard/Oscar & Silva imo.

Jose' dropped a clanger

Jordan how can you be City & Rhinos. Bet you keep that quiet on the Headingley terraces!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    BREAKING NEWS: Juan Mata has just handed in a transfer request at Manchester United.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    BREAKING NEWS: Juan Mata has just handed in a transfer request at Manchester United.
    Posted by lucy4
    you need to stop reading twitter and copying there jokes. there about as funny as having tooth ache.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Is Juan the Man? : Yeah agreed. I guess it means the end of Nani then or is it someone else who'll have to make way?
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    hopefully nani will be sold to juventus and vidal will come the other way, vidal valued at 50 mil so 35 million plus nani should seal it.

carrick           vidal

mata           rooney        januzaj    

van persie

4 - 2 - 3 - 1 FTW
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I will be surprised if Mata fits the bill in the long term which is what United need really.

Jose not usually wrong .

Paying over the top to get them fourth place , sorry but I dont see it long or short term.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I will be surprised if Mata fits the bill in the long term which is what United need really. Jose not usually wrong . Paying over the top to get them fourth place , sorry but I dont see it long or short term.
    Posted by vaigret
    have to disagree mate, hes 25 years old and yet to reach his peak, been chelseas best player for the past 2 seasons by a country mile. i dont see this as a short term sollution in any way what so ever!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Great signing, as a neutral it's a relief to see him staying in the premiership. Better than Ozil, Hazard/Oscar & Silva imo. Jose' dropped a clanger Jordan how can you be City & Rhinos. Bet you keep that quiet on the Headingley terraces!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Haha! Long story but I was born in Manchester and my old man is a lifelong Rhino.

As long as it's not United, I can walk free at Headingley!

So we're just about agreed that Mata is a good signing? It's a very strange decision by Jose to let him go but as Father V points out, he doesn't make many mistakes. Will be interesting to see how good Matic is 2nd time around.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    whether he was voted best players by the supporters for two years doesn't make him the best player.

I think he is a lightweight and will stuggle in United's team. hope Im wrong because you need a change of luck but we will see.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Got to disagree with you vaigret, he's had 2 fantastic seasons so he can't really be a lightweight, you only have to look at his stats for those 2 seasons to see just how good he has been. Kagawa is more the definition of lightweight, i was expecting a lot from him, fantastic at Dortmund.

Mata is a brilliant signing, but we do also need a midfield warrior like Vidal, and a couple of decent defenders.

Not much to ask for in January... 
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I think its a great signing but we need more Rafael is a liability get rid now
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Got to disagree with you vaigret, he's had 2 fantastic seasons so he can't really be a lightweight, you only have to look at his stats for those 2 seasons to see just how good he has been. Kagawa is more the definition of lightweight, i was expecting a lot from him, fantastic at Dortmund. Mata is a brilliant signing, but we do also need a midfield warrior like Vidal, and a couple of decent defenders. Not much to ask for in January... 
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    Lee ,

I have been known to be wrong, but not too many times LOL

32 caps in 5 years

One of reasons I called him lightweight is like you I agree Man U need a midfield warrior and until they get one the "lightweights" will struggle. On the defender front they must start to realise Johnny Evans is not world class. Jones might be if played there. 
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Read somewhere before Mourinho became manager that Mata and Luiz werent "his" type of players. One down one to go and rumours persist Barcelona interested in Luiz. As a Chelsea fan gutted but you have to trust the manager. Be interesting to see who he buys with the money.
    Posted by SAV4BP
    This is apparantly the start of abramovic trying to get the right side of the uefa money rules. So if this is true there will be more going out than coming in aparrantly de bruyne is the next to go.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    De Bruyne has already gone.. At Wolfsburg now.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Any truth in the rumours that Everton have signed his brother Itdoesnt Matta?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    De Bruyne has already gone.. At Wolfsburg now.
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    made 10 million profit on him. pity we paid 17 million more for matic than we sold him for first time round!!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    good signing but there are better midfielders in the league