You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Vegas!

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Know there was a few threads last week, can't find them!

It's kinda got me thinking about going.

Just wondering, for 2 weeks out there, or even 1 week, how much would it cost approx?

Not taking into account poker money.

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Best thing to do is to go on one of those compare holiday websites, whack in when you want to go and for how long and see what they come up with
  • edited January 2014
    Collect 175,000 avios like me and go in style ;)
  • edited January 2014
    It's a relatively inexpensive place, once you're there.
    Food cheap, drinks often comped. Hotels tend to be cheaper than you'd expect too. The airport is spitting distance from the strip really, so no huge taxi fares to worry about.
    Everywhere along the strip is easily reached by the metro train thingummy, can't remember what it's called, so any of the hotels will do. So to save a bit of cash if you need to, go for one of the lesser ones, Circus Circus or Flamingoes, something like that. It is afterall Vegas, so you won't be in your room much anyway. If you really want to save cash for more important things, then head off the strip and go to a motel or something alike, loads of choice.
    If you fancy a night off the poker, unlikely i know, but, there is a ticket office along the strip. If it's still there look for a huge coke or pepsi can and it's adjacent.  They will have tickets for all the concerts, shows etc etc that night. Not silly prices either.
    Have fun!
  • edited January 2014
    I'd go for 2 if you have the time.  Its abit of a trek to get there and I'm sure your planning to play alot of poker out there and make some money.  If your playing poker you can basically get all your food paid for in comp points that will accumulate while your playing poker.  You can also get money off you room this way too.

You can get very reasonable deals just off the strip but just make sure the place you stay has a shuttle bus.  Can be quite expensive tho (I think I paid $16 for a all day pass).  It can be a grind too.  I'd also stay on the strip if there wasn't much difference in the price.  I always end up getting smashed and getting a taxi home.  If you had a mate that was willing to sleep on a sofa bed you could get a twin room with an extra bed and it will be very reasonable.  Plus, you won't sleep much and probably all take power naps at different times of the day.

I had a look at flights recently on STA and was coming back under £600.  I really dont think you need alot of spending money if your planning on grinding but its Vegas, you should party when your there!  A little planning before you go tho really helps and you can find good all u can drink deals in bars/clubs etc.  

I'm going in March and Sept but could maybe be tempted to squeeze one in between.
  • edited January 2014
    I still think its funny that i gave up a seat years ago (when was 19) by a family member thay paid for it at the time just because i wouldnt be able to gamble eg.

Ive always thought about goin there now but in all honest i dont think it would suit me that much i love to gamble but i dont drink and i cant stand live poker so basically it wouldnt be very good if i went on a mates holiday.

Only way id end up in vegas i think would be goin on a OAP tour for site sein now thats something that attracts me lol