You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

new ideas

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Just thought I'd throw a couple of new ideas into the pot.
1) On another site I play anonymous tables where everyone is listed as ther seat number. I find this quite good because on here I am conscious that other people may have notes on me so I mess around with my game and make mistakes. When anonymous you have to  deal with the story on the table. Worth a try on here ?
2) This came from the quiz Pointless and a contestant who plays bridge. They have a tournament where the players are dealt exactly the same hands and that way the best player wins. I think it would be interesting to put together a heads up game on the same principle and it would have to be a round robin to be fair but it would be interesting to see your diffrerent experts handle the same situation.
Just a thought .   

Comments

• edited January 2014

Wasn't Deek was it? He plays for Scotland you know ;)

Like the idea of number 2. Think there was a live trial of something similar on the London eye not long back.

As for number 1, 'messing around with your game' is a requirement at any poker table, you have to constantly adapt and adjust to the players and game situation. That's the 'skill' or the challenge. If you remove this, there isn't much 'poker' left.
  • edited January 2014
    I suggested that there are all in sats for the main events constantly in the lobby, they would auto launch when guarantee is met and then a new one spawn, therefore constantly available.
  • edited January 2014
    Idea 2 sounds fun but unworkable as the conspiracy 'theorists' would then claim if Sky could rig the deck in this format then they could in any format. 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: new ideas:
    Idea 2 sounds fun but unworkable as the conspiracy 'theorists' would then claim if Sky could rig the deck in this format then they could in any format. 
    Posted by scotty77
    Good afternoon Mr Spittles.
    I would consider it  a huge honour if you could spare the time to play the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK this afternoon please. I have the upmost respect for your game and always learn something new when you are on 861.
    I will quite understand if you cannot spare the time, good luck in your poker career.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.
  • edited January 2014
    I haven't forgot sir! Just been busy lately with travelling etc. as soon as I'm back home I'll add it in and let you know! :)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: new ideas:
    I haven't forgot sir! Just been busy lately with travelling etc. as soon as I'm back home I'll add it in and let you know! :)
    Posted by scotty77
    Thank you for quick reply.
    You are a gentleman, hopefully see you soon.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.