You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

No Rake Poker?

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
I was watching the New Zealand v India ODI this morning, seething on 2 counts.

1. I wanted India to lose
2. I always get annoyed by the way the adverts in a cricket game still fit into the uniform ad breaks every 15 mins on all channels so I have to suffer them.

Anyway,

could you have a poker table that charged less or no rake but had adverts on it to offset the losses.

e.g. micro stakes could have adverts for Farm Foods or Lidl and the higher stakes could have adverts for companies that sell gold bullion or whatever else rich people like??

Comments

• edited January 2014
    True fact, Lidl is MattBates favourite shop
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to No Rake Poker?:
    I was watching the New Zealand v India ODI this morning, seething on 2 counts. 1. I wanted India to lose 2. I always get annoyed by the way the adverts in a cricket game still fit into the uniform ad breaks every 15 mins on all channels so I have to suffer them. Anyway, could you have a poker table that charged less or no rake but had adverts on it to offset the losses. e.g. micro stakes could have adverts for Farm Foods or Lidl and the higher stakes could have adverts for companies that sell gold bullion or whatever else rich people like??
    Posted by ff55hh
    Have suggested this before, but offsetting the 'losses' is as easy as not awarding players any rakeback points. 

Just 'low rake' tables. 

P.S why didn't Jadeja try to run 2? 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: No Rake Poker?:
    In Response to No Rake Poker? : Have suggested this before, but offsetting the 'losses' is as easy as not awarding players any rakeback points.  Just 'low rake' tables.  P.S why didn't Jadeja try to run 2? 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

thought of 2 reasons,

1. Mysterious asian bookies stand to gain the most from an unlikely result such as a draw.

2. Protecting his average??
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: No Rake Poker?:
    In Response to Re: No Rake Poker? : thought of 2 reasons, 1. Mysterious asian bookies stand to gain the most from an unlikely result such as a draw. 2. Protecting his average??
    Posted by ff55hh
    Given the circumstances, 2) is more likely.

But averages aren't everything.

Trott has been protecting his for years and has ended up going crackers.

Mitch' Mac shud be banned.
  • edited January 2014
    To be fair to him he blatantly had Jadeja out and some of the wide calls were harsh.

I heard he's stated a cricket is rigged thread on cricinfo