You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2 hands from primo. Fear I may have played them both wrong!!

edited January 2014 in The Poker Clinic
Hand 1.

Original 3better had been quite active, 3betting or opening a lot. I'm obv snapping until the other guy shoves. This guy had been fairly tight up until now. Hated this spot, didn't wanna go 3 ways with a hand that could easily be dominated so I folded, but should this have been a sigh call???
Slipwater Small blind  250.00 250.00 8770.00
ReRaIsEr Big blind  500.00 750.00 11254.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

waller02 Raise  1000.00 1750.00 8570.00
MATT8 Fold     
Richardo99 Fold     
 All-in  14907.37 16657.37 0.00
Slipwater Fold     
 All-in  11254.00 27911.37 0.00
waller02 Fold
Hand 2.

This was 2 or 3 hands after the fold with the AK. The oppo knew that I had folded AK before as it had been discussed in the chat box. I was hoping this would be on his mind when I shoved here. The more I look at it though the more I think it is a bad shove!!!! I got called by AQ and got lucky. Bad shove??? This was only the 2nd or 3rd raise by the oppo in the 20 mins he had been on the table. I had 7.5k btw
Richardo99 Small blind  250.00 250.00 9882.50
Simmy4k Big blind  500.00 750.00 27911.37
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • A

Raise  1000.00 1750.00 8520.00
waller02 All-in

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Yeah.

The second one is an absolutely horrendous shove!!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: 2 hands from primo. Fear I may have played them both wrong!!:
    Yeah. The second one is an absolutely horrendous shove!!
    Posted by Slipwater
    Haha, yeah I'm inclined to agree with you. Sorry bout the beat. If it's any consolation my luck changed and I busted 4 short of the money lol
  • edited January 2014
    Nah, you were probably right to shove. You were aware that my chipstack was also in that area where I'd be shoving (had you not) or calling (if you did), and AJ is better than most. You saw that I was hesitant to call... was actually very close to folding, which probably would've been wrong.

Yeah, take my chips and still don't cash!! Cheers ;)
  • edited January 2014
    I would call hand 1. and v easy shove hand 2.

edit* didn't read the notes on hand 2, It isn't 4 handed.........?

mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, dunno. maybe can fold????? :/
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: 2 hands from primo. Fear I may have played them both wrong!!:
    I would call hand 1. and v easy shove hand 2. edit* didn't read the notes on hand 2, It isn't 4 handed.........? mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, dunno. maybe can fold????? :/
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    No sorry didn't do a great job of copying the hand. We are still 6 handed and I'm facing an utg raise. Not the best shove in the world but I did almost get the fold I wanted....and got lucky!!!

Hand 1 - I still have no idea! If I was being results orientated then the fold was good, I was up against KJ and TT.....the KJ hit a Jack and would have busted me. I guess there are only 2 hands that I don't wanna see and at the time I thought I could have been up against one of them. I did discuss it briefly with slip in the chat box and his thoughts were that given the stacks/blinds this was a spot where I should have called......I dunno!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: 2 hands from primo. Fear I may have played them both wrong!! : No sorry didn't do a great job of copying the hand. We are still 6 handed and I'm facing an utg raise. Not the best shove in the world but I did almost get the fold I wanted....and got lucky!!! Hand 1 - I still have no idea! If I was being results orientated then the fold was good, I was up against KJ and TT.....the KJ hit a Jack and would have busted me. I guess there are only 2 hands that I don't wanna see and at the time I thought I could have been up against one of them. I did discuss it briefly with slip in the chat box and his thoughts were that given the stacks/blinds this was a spot where I should have called......I dunno!
    Posted by waller02

I know what you mean about the run out, but at the time of making the decision if you're going to be results orientated (which you aren't) then it'd be a bad fold, not a good 1.

If you know you're up against KJ and TT pre flop then the fold was bad. We should call against these 2 holdings.

The runout comes after.

Anyway, as u implied, all irrelevant :P
  • edited January 2014
    Hand 1 is a standard call. We dominate hands here, at worst we are flipping. You would assume that AA wouldnt shove to push you off. If viallain turns over KK we still got 30% equity. You have 20bbs, you really need to start chipping up sooner or later. Just blinding down is meh, get it in here and try n chip up. In MTTs you have to win flips sooner or later, you can't win a mtt without winning flips.

Doyle Brunson famously said to win a MTT you have to win with AK and beat AK.

Hand 2.

I can't seewhat your stack size is, but folding AJ to an opening raise 4 handed you might aswell pack in poker. Villains opening range here is going to be really wide, so the a large % of the time we're good here. When short handed with an avg stack of 30bbs you need to be picking spots to 3-bet shove with <20bbs vs opening raises, as the strategy for all should be to steal as many blinds as you can, so you need to take advantage of that.
  • edited January 2014

You'd have to tie my hands together and strangle me with my mouse before I consider folding AKs there ;)
    The cold all in call in the blinds would concern me to a degree, but AKs and a pretty short stack means I don't think we can fold here.

Hand 2 is much closer. Possibly a pass going on the notes. Don't hate a shove either though if we think we can get it through.

• edited January 2014
    It's 6 handed Mugsy, the copy/paste job went awry according to Waller.

4 handed, it's about as easy a shove as can be. 6 handed, with the reads and the fact its an UTG raise, makes me lean more towards a fold.
  • edited January 2014
    It's 6 handed Mugsy, the copy/paste job went awry according to Waller. 4 handed, it's about as easy a shove as can be. 6 handed, with the reads and the fact its an UTG raise, makes me lean more towards a fold.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Thanks for pointing that out sir Sir. That changes things slighty.

Skys HH are the worst, half the time there is stuff missing off em.
  • edited January 2014
    And hand two is against me, so you can imagine his hesitation ;)