You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rewarding bad play

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Why does sky continue to reward very bad play with big wins  every bloody day. I enjoy my poker and we all bluff now and then. but this has just reached new levels.

q8 of clubs turn gives me  flush. matey calls with 74 to bluff and gets a full house. I reckon I have had 15 to 20 bad beats in a week. yes we  all get them , yes I have spoke to sky who have been great

BUT THERE IS SOMETHING VERY UNFAIR ABOUT THIS. WE ALL EXPECT TO LOSE NOW AND THEN BUT AT LEAST MAKE IT FAIR OR GIVE IT SOME BALANCE 69STEVE

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Rewarding bad play:
    Why does sky continue to reward very bad play with big wins  every bloody day. I enjoy my poker and we all bluff now and then. but this has just reached new levels. q8 of clubs turn gives me  flush. matey calls with 74 to bluff and gets a full house. I reckon I have had 15 to 20 bad beats in a week. yes we  all get them , yes I have spoke to sky who have been great BUT THERE IS SOMETHING VERY UNFAIR ABOUT THIS. WE ALL EXPECT TO LOSE NOW AND THEN BUT AT LEAST MAKE IT FAIR OR GIVE IT SOME BALANCE 69STEVE
    Posted by 69steve
    You mad bro?
  • edited January 2014
    Why does sky continue to reward very bad play with big wins  every bloody day. I enjoy my poker and we all bluff now and then. but this has just reached new levels. q8 of clubs turn gives me  flush. matey calls with 74 to bluff and gets a full house. I reckon I have had 15 to 20 bad beats in a week. yes we  all get them , yes I have spoke to sky who have been great BUT THERE IS SOMETHING VERY UNFAIR ABOUT THIS. WE ALL EXPECT TO LOSE NOW AND THEN BUT AT LEAST MAKE IT FAIR OR GIVE IT SOME BALANCE 69STEVE
    Posted by 69steve
    If he rivered a house he had 2 pair or trips already.  Hardly a bluff.  Post the hand if you want some proper analysis on it
  • edited January 2014
     Sky have no control man person steve ---- They employ Richard Orford for flop sake! --- how could they know anything about cause and effect?
  • edited January 2014
    Why are you in the hand with Q8 to start with?
  • edited January 2014
    The trick to making shed loads of cash in poker is to work out how the sites work out that you're playing badly then making that work for you whilst continuing to play badly. Don't tell anyone, I'm on to something here...

• edited January 2014
    I couldn't agree more steve
  • edited January 2014
    Nothing worse than when you are playing q8 like a pro and someone gets lucky playing a raggy hand 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Rewarding bad play:
    Shet.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Land ponies?
  • edited January 2014
    Can't believe he's getting moaned at for playing Q8s!!

I thought I was tight!
  • edited January 2014
    I play bad in mtts all the time and hardly ever get rewarded :)
  • edited January 2014

I'm voting 'yes'.

In my opinion bad play should be rewarded frequently.

If the best hand always won it would be a disaster; the bad players would all lose their money super-quicky then quit poker to take up other forms of gambling where it might last longer. Bingo for example. 

These guys must be allowed to win often enough to keep them coming back to the tables. We want them to invest their buy-ins at Sky Poker........not at Sky Bingo.

• edited January 2014
    Posted by 69steve
    Apparently they are taping some 2p pieces to the other end of it as we speak.
  • edited January 2014
    Posted by 69steve
    Wow!

You run good. Just 2 or 3 bad beats a day, MBN
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Rewarding bad play:
    Can't believe he's getting moaned at for playing Q8s!! I thought I was tight!
    Posted by Lambert180
    I dream of getting a hand as good as Q8.  I normally have to play stuff like 23 and get lucky
  • edited January 2014
    From top to bottom; the funniest thread in a long time. :)
  • edited January 2014
    Joke of a thread imo.. Steve go and play on ANY other site and come back when you realise that this isnt a sky problem.. its yours.. this happens in poker, any experienced player will tell you that.  If your flush held up the other guy would complain that some bad player got lucky and hit a flush with q8 vs him. Play well and get your money in ahead and you WILL see a profit FACT (on any site.. including sky)

rant over  :)
  • edited January 2014

Didn't even know there was a hand called Q8.

'I've never played it'

He He
    dev
  • edited January 2014
  • edited January 2014

yeah I know...

any diference?   about 2% isn't it.
  • edited January 2014
    I know !!!---- we could have a BAD PLAY TOURNAMENT------the winner gets nothing--- but the first player to get knocked out gets 300 quid---- sort it out sky!
  • edited January 2014
    What if the guy open Q8s on the button.