You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

quick question

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat

hi just a quick question re software
I'm new to sky poker so forgive me if this has been answered somewhere on forum,
I can play 4-5 tables and 90% of the time its fine but the second I try and add more, shall we say it goes chest up, tables freeze so I automatically log out and straight back in but I just get the blue screens of death,
I can play like 12-16 tables on one of the bigger sites have holdem manager running and have no problem,
so I assume it something I am doing incorrectly with the loading of sky software???
any advise (and not erm stick to 4-5 tables ldo) or is this a common thing with the players??
regards
ieh

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Its a sky thing mate.  Need a new higher spec pc or laptop to run more tables here.

GL
  • edited January 2014
    Well, the new software is supposed to be considerably less demanding on your computer than the old. Unfortunately it is still fairly new and a little bit buggy. Give it some time and I'm sure they'll sort that out. Not that it makes life easier right now if you're having problems.

Personally I've not had many problems running up to six tables, but I don't play particularly often so can't offer much first hand experience.
  • edited January 2014
    thanks for the replies,
    hopefully it will improve soon

iah
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: quick question:
    thanks for the replies, hopefully it will improve soon iah
    Posted by iatehorse
    I've not had too many problems but run a high spec pc.........

At the mo....the old & new software are running side by side.....so in my experience with this type of crossover, we will eventually get a much better performance once the old software is discontinued.

The new software is a positive step forward and will allow for quick expansion & improvements, so given time it  will be a far greater platform than what we currently are experiencing.

stick at it.....it's getting there.
  • edited January 2014
     The sky technical team are actually the most amazing bunch of geeks we've never seen!

so we can be confident they are busy