You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Try our Brand New £100 Multi-Stack at 4pm

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi Everybody,

Today we are trying out our new tournament variation, Multi-Stack tournaments in our 4pm £100 Multi Stack.

For this tournament you can buy in for different price points for different amount of chips:

£0.55 for 1,000 chips
£1.10 for 2,000 chips
£1.50 for 3,000 chips 
£1.80 for 4,000 chips

All players compete for the same price pool.

Please leave feedback on this thread after playing the tournament. It would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you all enjoy.

Sky Peter.

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Sounds interesting.  Will give it a go
  • edited January 2014
    Something different, I'll give it a go :)
  • edited January 2014
    interesting.

Have you seen the MPP tournaments that were held at Dusk Til Dawn fairly recently?

MPP = Multi Prize Pool

so for the one I played in, there was a £50 (P1), £100 (P2) and £200 (P3) entry fees. If you bought in for £200, you would have £50 in P1, £50 in P2 and £100 in P3.

Say for example you finished in 1st place overall, but only bought into P1 and P2, you would recieve 1st prize for P1, and 1st prize for P2, but nothing from P3.

If you bought into P3 and came 2nd overall, with 1st place overaall in P1: you would get 1st place for P3 and P2 and 2nd place in P1.

Worked quite well

• edited January 2014
    be good as a main event
    £10  2000 chips
    £20  4000 chips
    £30  6000 chips
    £40  8000 chips
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Try our Brand New £100 Multi-Stack at 4pm:
    interesting. Have you seen the MPP tournaments that were held at Dusk Til Dawn fairly recently? MPP = Multi Prize Pool so for the one I played in, there was a £50 (P1), £100 (P2) and £200 (P3) entry fees. If you bought in for £200, you would have £50 in P1, £50 in P2 and £100 in P3. Say for example you finished in 1st place overall, but only bought into P1 and P2, you would recieve 1st prize for P1, and 1st prize for P2, but nothing from P3. If you bought into P3 and came 2nd overall, with 1st place overaall in P1: you would get 1st place for P3 and P2 and 2nd place in P1. Worked quite well
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Lol - didn't you win that thing, or is my memory lying to me? ;)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Try our Brand New £100 Multi-Stack at 4pm : Lol - didn't you win that thing, or is my memory lying to me? ;)
    Posted by Slipwater
    thought my post would get a bit more credit if I didnt mention who exactly it worked well for :)

did I mention I beat a 2 times bracelet winner (only 1 at the time though - Matt Perrins) and someone with £600k+ live winnings (Ben Vinson) on the final table where ever you remember this from? No? ...I have now then :P

I do think it might work well on sky though. maybe a £10/ £30/ £100 main event or something.
  • edited January 2014
    Hi Everybody, thanks for your posts and playing in the tournament.

We will be running another one at 5:00pm tonight, hope you all enjoy!

Sky Peter.
  • edited January 2014
    Hi Everybody, thanks for your posts and playing in the tournament. We will be running another one at 5:00pm tonight, hope you all enjoy! Sky Peter.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    SkyPeter - I don't get home from work until approximately 5.47pm. A 5pm start is unacceptable.

6pm, and you have a winner.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Try our Brand New £100 Multi-Stack at 4pm:
    Hi Everybody, Today we are trying out our new tournament variation, Multi-Stack tournaments in our 4pm £100 Multi Stack . For this tournament you can buy in for different price points for different amount of chips: £0.55 for 1,000 chips £1.10 for 2,000 chips £1.50 for 3,000 chips  £1.80 for 4,000 chips All players compete for the same price pool. Please leave feedback on this thread after playing the tournament. It would be greatly appreciated. Hope you all enjoy. Sky Peter.
    Posted by SkyPeter

Hi Peter,
    played the new tourney today and it seemed to work extremely well,even though i crashed out after building up a decent stack. Didn't seem that many players went for the £1.80 option but you'll know the exact breakdown.All in all a success imo.

• edited January 2014
    I didn't get to play this (bit early for me), but if it found a place in the regular schedule at a later time I would play it religiously.  Sounds like a great initiative.