You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Taking Charlotte's Head...

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat

With a seat to the UKPC Main Event up for grabs, it's going to be a frenzy at her table. What do you think is the best strategy?

I don't advise limping generally, but if you are to act before her, is it wise to limp in to every pot to make sure you are in every hand she is? If you fold any hand, that could be the one that does it, so surely this is one exception to prove the rule, no?

If you act after her, is it therefore advisable to call everything she does, regardless of your cards?

If she goes all in and everyone follows, and you are last to act, are you pretty much priced in to shove as well, given the prize on the line?

It's going to be a curious one tonight, that's for sure...

Comments

• edited January 2014
    I guess you could play it 2 ways...

the gamblers way: accept your £33 will most likely dissapear. go all in at every chance of busting charlotte

the less of a gamblers way: play quite tight while everyone else wgoes crazy, picking them off when the time is right. Accept that you probably only have a slim chance of getting the £1100 bounty. but a much better chance than normal in the tournament.

Of course, this all depends on you actually being at her table...
  • edited January 2014

Some very interesting situations you could find yourself in.

For example, let's say you are in a hand with Charlotte and you have more chips. If she went all in but you guessed you were behind, would you still call?

Let's say you have KQ and you new Charlotte had Aces pre, would you call?

You may be an underdog but on one hand you lose £33 but the other you win £1,100+ good pot odds and might be your only chance to KO her!

Call? Fold and wait for a better chance?

• edited January 2014
    And, of course, there is the (really rather slim) possibility that Charlotte wins the tournament.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Taking Charlotte's Head...:
    Some very interesting situations you could find yourself in. For example, let's say you are in a hand with Charlotte and you have more chips. If she went all in but you guessed you were behind, would you still call? Let's say you have KQ and you new Charlotte had Aces pre, would you call? You may be an underdog but on one hand you lose £33 but the other you win £1,100+ good pot odds and might be your only chance to KO her! Call? Fold and wait for a better chance?
    Posted by Sky_Poker

Any 2 cards.

Jam any 2 if you're in the sb to her bb and it's folded to you in the hope she finds a hand to call with.

1 time you shove blind hoping to get called by JJ+ :)
  • edited January 2014
    Some very interesting situations you could find yourself in. For example, let's say you are in a hand with Charlotte and you have more chips. If she went all in but you guessed you were behind, would you still call? Let's say you have KQ and you new Charlotte had Aces pre, would you call? You may be an underdog but on one hand you lose £33 but the other you win £1,100+ good pot odds and might be your only chance to KO her! Call? Fold and wait for a better chance?
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    I'd call in all of those situations

KQ is about 14% vs AA...
    £33 is about 3% of £1100

even 1 out with 1 card to come isn't far off being a call. 1 out with 2 cards to come IS a call

the situation changes slightly as the tournament progresses, but im not sure you'll have to worry much about that, because I doubt charlotte will get out the starting blocks.
  • edited January 2014
    Am trying to be on my best behaviour and not say anything about taking Charlottes head.....
  • edited January 2014
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    I would call with any 2 cards. Even if Charlotte went all in the first hand from utg, everyone calls and you are in the BB with 7-2 I think I would call.
  • edited January 2014
    Charlotte FTW!!
    GL everyone playing! :)
  • edited January 2014
    And if Charlotte sit's out the first 50 hands, shower, nail pollish, ect ?.
  • edited January 2014
    Sadly I'm not playing this evening but if I was sitting at her table I would remove the fold button from the keyboard!

.....and Charlotte this is a wonderful chance of running deep in the tourney, or going out first hand!

Good luck all.
  • edited January 2014
    if she shoves pre call with any 2 obv   £33 for a 1100 seat no brainer
  • edited January 2014
    id call if i had 10 7  vs her aces ya getting 30/1 lol
  • edited January 2014
    charlotte will go far in the tourney coz every 1 wwill be calling her so light she be like wtf lol
  • edited January 2014
    I think all of this gossip and prayer is hopeless lol  - I think Charlotte will win it!!!

Positive mental attitude - best of luck!!
  • edited January 2014
    Charlotte has a mishap, and is down to 100 chips at the first level. She shoves from UTG. You are next to act, and have 7 2.......re shove?
  • edited January 2014
    Charlotte has a mishap, and is down to 100 chips at the first level. She shoves from UTG. You are next to act, and have 7 2.......re shove?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Of course.... and expect to be called by everyone else on the table.

LOL.
  • edited January 2014
    slipwater i have sent u a pm. 
  • edited January 2014
    I think the most important thing is making sure you have her covered.. no point trying to play hands against her if she has you covered... once you have a decent stack then try and play in every single hand if possible.
  • edited January 2014
    I think the most important thing is making sure you have her covered.. no point trying to play hands against her if she has you covered... once you have a decent stack then try and play in every single hand if possible.
    Posted by jordz16

I concur.
  • edited January 2014
    slipwater i have sent u a pm. 
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Replied.

Strange...
  • edited January 2014
    Am trying to be on my best behaviour and not say anything about taking Charlottes head.....
    Posted by cenachav
    Haha!

Hmmm - I wonder what would happen if she won the tournament! She wins the UKPC seat? xD

For the record, I would be calling any all-in she made with any cards pre!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Taking Charlotte's Head... : Haha! Hmmm - I wonder what would happen if she won the tournament! She wins the UKPC seat? xD For the record, I would be calling any all-in she made with any cards pre!
    Posted by peter27
    Same here.  Am in for £1.60 so I will be getting 1000/1 to call with any 2.  No brainer to do that
  • edited January 2014

Let's not forget, there will be a significant percentage of the field tonight that are blissfully unaware of what is on the line. You could feasibly get a table draw that includes Ms Jackson herself, and 4 other randoms who don't have a Scooby Doo.