You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

more sky software jokes

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
just entered an all in satalite, 34 runners, i win the first hand so im on the final table with 6 players left, 5 hands get dealt apart from me and im left with a shortstack going heads up, wtf

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to more sky software jokes:
    just entered an all in satalite, 34 runners, i win the first hand so im on the final table with 6 players left, 5 hands get dealt apart from me and im left with a shortstack going heads up, wtf
    Posted by THEROCK573
    You didn't get cards (probably) because you were on the button. It's a Sky Poker rule that when you move table and are immediately on the button, you don't play the hand.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: more sky software jokes:
    In Response to more sky software jokes : You didn't get cards (probably) because you were on the button. It's a Sky Poker rule that when you move table and are immediately on the button, you don't play the hand.
    Posted by peter27
    ok cheers, ive only played on here 6 year, didnt realise :-)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to more sky software jokes : You didn't get cards (probably) because you were on the button. It's a Sky Poker rule that when you move table and are immediately on the button, you don't play the hand.
    Posted by peter27
    No, Peter - this happens all the time.
  • edited January 2014
    Sounds like a great position to be in - top 3 qualify? All you have to do is avoid a 3 way split hand and you win a seat uncontested. Happy days?
  • edited January 2014
    Sounds like a great position to be in - top 3 qualify? All you have to do is avoid a 3 way split hand and you win a seat uncontested. Happy days?
    Posted by Phantom66
    no only one got a seat
  • edited January 2014
    is that a bad thing means u get top 2 n if it pays top 2 fan dabby dozie
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: more sky software jokes : No, Peter - this happens all the time.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Yeah, it's supposed to ..

Are you being sarcastic or something? One thing you will learn about me when you (maybe) meet me at an SPT is that I don't pick up sarcasm easily! I use it myself, but I am not good at detecting when others use it :/
  • edited January 2014
    is that a bad thing means u get top 2 n if it pays top 2 fan dabby dozie
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    but is not the point is it i should be dealt a hand, 1st place got a seat, 2nd got £38.00, regardless of me winning money or not dosent come into it, its also not fare on the other players either!!!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: more sky software jokes : Yeah, it's supposed to .. Are you being sarcastic or something? One thing you will learn about me when you (maybe) meet me at an SPT is that I don't pick up sarcasm easily! I use it myself, but I am not good at detecting when others use it :/
    Posted by peter27
    No, I'm not being sarcastic.

The vast majority of times when I have got to a final table recently, whether I'm on the button or not, the first hand cannot be seen, just as Rock says.
  • edited January 2014
    i play all in sats alot

i think its coz your hand finishes later then all ther other hands so u get on the table last so they deal u out :P
  • edited January 2014

Doesn't rly matter in an allin sat, the eventual winner is picked at random before the cards are dealt, there's nothing inbetween that any player can do to change it. 

Getting to the FT of an allin sat then not getting any cards is kinda like getting 22 in pre flop v AA and having it run out K22 A A. 

Your equity in the hand is fixed at 20%, just like your chances in the allin sat are fixed @ 33/1 in this case. 

The runout is pre-determined, like the winner of an allin sat is. 

Just a cruel way to do it. Never watch runouts if you can help it ;)

• edited January 2014
    Doesn't rly matter in an allin sat, the eventual winner is picked at random before the cards are dealt, there's nothing inbetween that any player can do to change it.  Getting to the FT of an allin sat then not getting any cards is kinda like getting 22 in pre flop v AA and having it run out K22 A A.  Your equity in the hand is fixed at 20%, just like your chances in the allin sat are fixed @ 33/1 in this case.  The runout is pre-determined, like the winner of an allin sat is.  Just a cruel way to do it. Never watch runouts if you can help it ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I know Rock was talking about all-ins, but I'm not. It seems to happen on the first hand of final tables.
  • edited January 2014
    Slip, there is a bug where on moving tables your first hand sometimes is not shown to you, but in this case you are dealt cards but you can't see them or press any buttons. You can go into history and see your folded hand.

I mentioned this all-in issue a long while ago, and the consensus seems to be 'well it's random anyway isn't it, and you're just as likely to be dealt out as the next guy', which is true, so no winners or losers - but it's not the way it's supposed to function and just causes confusion and complaints.

If the issue arises because of the delay in dealing one table vs another then the way to deal with it would be to set the tournament to play hand for hand. Just fix it imo.
  • edited January 2014
    Slip, there is a bug where on moving tables your first hand sometimes is not shown to you, but in this case you are dealt cards but you can't see them or press any buttons. You can go into history and see your folded hand. I mentioned this all-in issue a long while ago, and the consensus seems to be 'well it's random anyway isn't it, and you're just as likely to be dealt out as the next guy', which is true, so no winners or losers - but it's not the way it's supposed to function and just causes confusion and complaints. If the issue arises because of the delay in dealing one table vs another then the way to deal with it would be to set the tournament to play hand for hand. Just fix it imo.
    Posted by bbMike
    Yeah, I know you actually have been dealt cards, because sometimes you see them when you fold, but you're right - it should be fixed.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: more sky software jokes : No, I'm not being sarcastic. The vast majority of times when I have got to a final table recently, whether I'm on the button or not, the first hand cannot be seen, just as Rock says.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Oh I see! The way you worded the response could be read in two different ways and I went for the way which is incorrect, funny that :p

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure this is a situation specifically about final tables to be honest. Plus if that was the case, no-one would get dealt a hand as they all reached the final table at the same time .. and that wouldn't make any sense.

I do know for a fact that what I said is true as I remember Ryan Spittles saying it on SkyPokerTV about a month or so ago :-)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: more sky software jokes : Oh I see! The way you worded the response could be read in two different ways and I went for the way which is incorrect, funny that :p Anyway, I'm not entirely sure this is a situation specifically about final tables to be honest. Plus if that was the case, no-one would get dealt a hand as they all reached the final table at the same time .. and that wouldn't make any sense. I do know for a fact that what I said is true as I remember Ryan Spittles saying it on SkyPokerTV about a month or so ago :-)
    Posted by peter27
    ...well, nobody is actually disputing that, Peter ;)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: more sky software jokes : Oh I see! The way you worded the response could be read in two different ways and I went for the way which is incorrect, funny that :p Anyway, I'm not entirely sure this is a situation specifically about final tables to be honest. Plus if that was the case, no-one would get dealt a hand as they all reached the final table at the same time .. and that wouldn't make any sense. I do know for a fact that what I said is true as I remember Ryan Spittles saying it on SkyPokerTV about a month or so ago :-)
    Posted by peter27
    peter i think you are missing the point here, this an all in sat where everybody is all in every hand, doesnt matter whether im on the button or on columbian marching powder, i should be all in regardless.
  • edited January 2014
    Yea i agree is not right when that happens.

Especially if there is only 1 seat so say 36 runners you will have 12k stack and the winner of the final table all in (not including you) will have a 60k stack.

So your chances of actually winning a seat are not good unless you can win 3 allins in a row when its heads up so leaves you at a unfair disadvantage for sure.

So be good if sky can change this.
  • edited January 2014
    suely in the long rn though it works in your favour not being dealt in as mst of the time top 2 or 3 get payed or am i being a complete moron which is possible ;).
  • edited January 2014
    suely in the long rn though it works in your favour not being dealt in as mst of the time top 2 or 3 get payed or am i being a complete moron which is possible ;).
    Posted by Kerrnal
    you arnt being a moron but you are totally missing the point, it worked out i got cash this time, ok fine i wont grumble at winning £38.00 for £3.00 but i never got the opportunity to win the £55.00 seat because i never got dealt a hand, and next time me and 4 others may get dealt in and another player will be in my shoes. its just not acceptable.
  • edited January 2014
    u have got a chance just a complete underog as the guy ya playing now has a monster stack

• edited January 2014
    but id rather not get dealt on final table lol get the cash and pay for the event u trying for :)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: more sky software jokes : peter i think you are missing the point here, this an all in sat where everybody is all in every hand, doesnt matter whether im on the button or on columbian marching powder, i should be all in regardless.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    I think that's what the software is on :)