You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Playing on D/L client after upgrading broadband

Hi

When the new tables came out i had quite bad lag on them, so switched to playing through Firefox browser which was fine.

I was upgraded to BT Infinity Fibre Optic Broadband yesterday so thought i would try the D/L client again today, as my download and upload speeds have increased dramatically.

Just loaded up 3 DYM tables and the lag is as bad as it was with my standard Broadband.

Sticking with Firefox browser until it improves.

Oh and iPad is still a no-go for me.

Cheers

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Hi Vespa,

We are currently doing some investigations into Lag issues with the site.

How long are you playing for before you notice this lag? Do you have other applications running whilst playing eg Are you playing music, or watching YouTube videos etc.?

Finally can I ask why iPad is still a no go for you? Is there anything I can assist with?

Sam
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Playing on D/L client after upgrading broadband:
    Hi Vespa, We are currently doing some investigations into Lag issues with the site. How long are you playing for before you notice this lag? Do you have other applications running whilst playing eg Are you playing music, or watching YouTube videos etc.? Finally can I ask why iPad is still a no go for you? Is there anything I can assist with? Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Hi Sam
    Thanks for the reply.

I opened the D/L and updated Adobe Air as i hadn't used the client for a while.

I then loaded up the PLO8 3 DYM's at the roughly the same time this afternoon.
    Got quite laggy once all 3 games were in play.
    Things like having to click the "bet, call, fold" buttons more than once for anything to happen.
    Cards appeared slow to be dealt.
    Couldn't scroll properly in the chat box.
    No other applications running at all apart from viewing the site through my browser.

Just played a couple more games through Firefox and all worked fine.

As far as my iPad is concerned.
    Its Generartion 1 and uses Safari.
    Just far too slow and laggy.
    Still getting duplicate info in chat box too.
    I haven't used it for a game since my first post about it a while ago, but just observed some tables last night after my Broadband upgrade.

Hope this helps with your investigations.
    Cheers