You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash Game Chmpionship not a fair one again?

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Right not a moan but isnt this something that applies to the higher players again?

Dont understand why sky dont make 3 seperete tiers rather than stick it as one big leaderboard where the top players are goin to be those from the much higher stakes.

Its a fantastic promo i think but playing 10 hours up to nl50 a day would never compete with someone playing half that on nl100+ an thats not counting the levels that run regular above that.

There was cash promos last month and im surprised not to see a mtt/stt promo this month in all honest.

Also because the leaderboard is top heavy there is no point trying to go out your way to grind for something that wont be acheivable.

Any other thoughts on this?

Comments

• edited January 2014
    SnG Players overlooked. Why does that not surprise me
  • edited January 2014
    If the promotion is for skill and to reward the best players.
    I have no problems with the format!

If the promotion is about creating traffic.

I think it would be interesting to see how many of the winners deposited on the site the month prior to the competition.

But I get your point KidWiz there should be some promotion for those who deposit regularly and play MTTs and recreational games only

say for example once a year 5% of total deposits made (less withdrawals) could be given in tournament tokens so the money stays on the site
  • edited January 2014
    This is not a competition to see who is the best cash game player as the blurb in the promotion says but a competition to see who can generate the most rake.  If you want a promotion to find the best cash player then have one to see who has made the most bb at their chosen level
  • edited January 2014
    This thread is one big bore.

• edited January 2014
    It's not fair!! --- I'm the best, and no-one will ever know ---- except my Mum,
  • edited January 2014
    Site doesn't get enough SNG trafic to even consider a rake race for SNG players :)

sorry

SNG get better rakeback % below 10,000 points anyway so don't know what why you think you so worse off

jokers
  • edited January 2014
    Is it Groundhog day?
  • edited January 2014
    I think it should be remembered that rake is capped at £1.80 in any pot. Obviously that's more likely to be met regularly the higher you play, but the margin is not so big really between NL50 and NL100.

The rest of the points in this thread, as has been alluded to, have been discussed to death.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Cash Game Chmpionship not a fair one again?:
    Is it Groundhog day?
    Posted by VespaPX
    Possibly.........
    but it does seem to be a monthly rather than daily tradition!!!!!!!

While we're on the topic of "Never going to keep everyone happy"
    I recently qualified in a satellite where the bubble single handedly demolished the field then lost heads up to me.
    He must have been gutted! (noone loses to me!)
    How about introducing a new skins format for some satellites? If you take five heads you qualify automatically and those that are left in at the finish without taking five heads, qualify in the normal 1/5 format.
    Just a thought that it might interest the multi table or more agressive players as a change to the all in sats
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Cash Game Chmpionship not a fair one again?:
    I think it should be remembered that rake is capped at £1.80 in any pot. Obviously that's more likely to be met regularly the higher you play, but the margin is not so big really between NL50 and NL100. The rest of the points in this thread, as has been alluded to, have been discussed to death.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    good point -

sure is capped at £1.80 per pot / but it's based on weighted contribution so depends on what % you contribute against what points you get