You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

losing without playing a hand

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
hi was playing yesterday for about 6hrs when lost connection an never got it back till today a dont mind losing fairly but when you lose your stake an not playing a hand its really annoying especially when your grinding all day to build your bankroll i play dyms ranging from 2 pounds to 5pounds ive been a member for 6years and never had this problem before av heard alot of players having same problems i love my poker and this site but getting really upset with it was hoping to hear your views cheers

Comments

• edited January 2014
    You've never had this problem before in years of playing, yet you're "getting" really upset with it?

I hear these complaints all the time, too. Every few days I'd say.... thing is, in those few days, tens of thousands of hands, possibly more, are played on this site. So the problems seem to actually be fairly few and far between.
  • edited January 2014
    Have you had a chat with customer care? --- They can sometimes help if you did'nt play a hand.
  • edited January 2014
    What time did you lose connection? Because I was having issues playing the mini from 8.30pm to 10.30pm... and it wasn't my internet connection
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: losing without playing a hand:
    You've never had this problem before in years of playing, yet you're "getting" really upset with it? I hear these complaints all the time, too. Every few days I'd say.... thing is, in those few days, tens of thousands of hands, possibly more, are played on this site. So the problems seem to actually be fairly few and far between.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Do you work for Sky Borin? You must do? Because otherwise why would you get on his case... ? The guy is having connection issues and you choose to comment on his post... So your either a 'pro' Sky worker or as your name states 'Borin' hahaha

Which is it?
  • edited January 2014
    If you've played for 6 years without this happening you've run super-well when it comes to disconnections. There must have been multiple occasions during that time when opponents at your tables got disconnected.

PS Did you go to the same school as IDCU by any chance?
  • edited January 2014
    If you've played for 6 years without this happening you've run super-well when it comes to disconnections. There must have been multiple occasions during that time when opponents at your tables got disconnected. PS Did you go to the same school as IDCU by any chance?
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Here's another one... haha
  • edited January 2014
    You've never had this problem before in years of playing, yet you're "getting" really upset with it? I hear these complaints all the time, too. Every few days I'd say.... thing is, in those few days, tens of thousands of hands, possibly more, are played on this site. So the problems seem to actually be fairly few and far between.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    hi mt yeah had problems like it freezing but always could reload before a just dnt think its right you lose your stake if you dont play but i can see where your coming from just wanted to get it off my chest cheers
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: losing without playing a hand : Do you work for Sky Borin? You must do? Because otherwise why would you get on his case... ? The guy is having connection issues and you choose to comment on his post... So your either a 'pro' Sky worker or as your name states 'Borin' hahaha Which is it?
    Posted by ClintonH83
    Seriously, Clinton?

If I wanted to "get on his case" I could do a much better job of it, don't you think?
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: losing without playing a hand : Do you work for Sky Borin? You must do? Because otherwise why would you get on his case... ? The guy is having connection issues and you choose to comment on his post... So your either a 'pro' Sky worker or as your name states 'Borin' hahaha Which is it?
    Posted by ClintonH83
    hi clinton it was between 9 an 12 av had connection probs b4 of course i have but always could reload not last night thanks for being understanding 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: losing without playing a hand : Seriously, Clinton? If I wanted to "get on his case" I could do a much better job of it, don't you think?
    Posted by BorinLoner
    I don't know could you do a better job? By saying that are you confirming that you were getting on his case...?
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: losing without playing a hand : hi clinton it was between 9 an 12 av had connection probs b4 of course i have but always could reload not last night thanks for being understanding 
    Posted by cinnanati
    Exactly the time i was having problems.... First 20 minutes I couldn't sign in so missed 2/3 blind levels, then when I did get to the table it kept losing connection and I had to reload the site. Luckily the play I did get took two players out so I got some of my money back.

Where do you live mate?
  • edited January 2014
    If you've played for 6 years without this happening you've run super-well when it comes to disconnections. There must have been multiple occasions during that time when opponents at your tables got disconnected. PS Did you go to the same school as IDCU by any chance?
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    hi garry yes their have been multiple times when players lost connection when ive been playing but i still dnt think its right im only playing small stakes not like most of use with big bankrolls so when a lose my stake it hurts my bankroll wot if it was say 20 buy in an you nvr played a hand would you not be annoyed cheers for getting bck to me 
  • edited January 2014
    lol gary qqq can be very frustrating when u get disconected when playing 6 x £22 dyms and lose connection for 30mins thats £132 down the drain  if that dnt get ya tilted or upset nowt will

as the post says i dnt mind losing money if i actually play the game why im going elsewhere
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: losing without playing a hand : Exactly the time i was having problems.... First 20 minutes I couldn't sign in so missed 2/3 blind levels, then when I did get to the table it kept losing connection and I had to reload the site. Luckily the play I did get took two players out so I got some of my money back. Where do you live mate?
    Posted by ClintonH83
    hi i lve in prestwick ayrshire scotland i use to get problems with old site but not really to much since i downloaded the new one cheers for getting bck much appreciated 
  • edited January 2014
    lol gary qqq can be very frustrating when u get disconected when playing 6 x £22 dyms and lose connection for 30mins thats £132 down the drain  if that dnt get ya tilted or upset nowt will as the post says i dnt mind losing money if i actually play the game why im going elsewhere
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Not gone yet?
  • edited January 2014
    soon as i get priority money and play this ps4 freeroll im offski
  • edited January 2014
    lol gary qqq can be very frustrating when u get disconected when playing 6 x £22 dyms and lose connection for 30mins thats £132 down the drain  if that dnt get ya tilted or upset nowt will as the post says i dnt mind losing money if i actually play the game why im going elsewhere
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    thanks idonkcallu thats wot i mean i play 3 tables at the most so if i lose 6pounds its alot to my bankroll i grind pretty hard to build my bankroll an when you see 6pounds come off without playing it does get to you then u go yo a bigger buyin an lose annoying cheers mt
  • edited January 2014
    I've 'been there, done that, got the t-shirt' as they say.

Most recent example was during my £0 to £1K BR challenge. I got disconnected when breaking to final table of a £5.75 Bounty Hunter with a big chip-lead and no tough opponents remaining. It took 40 minutes for my stack to blind out in 4th place.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3ae8223dd3-d0dc-4259-b226-49aa9ce20445
  • edited January 2014
    I used to have connection problems every night, whilst playing 6-12 tables. around 5 times a night. Each time I was able to reconnect by following some simple instructions (assuming the problem wasn't with my internet connection)

the problem would typically manifest itself by throwing up a connection error, stopping new tables/hand histories/lobby's from appearing before eventually hanging completely if left long enough.

1. Test your internet connection is funtioning (go to a website, play a song on spotify or whatever)
    2. close  the sky software
    3. disconnect from wireless
    4. connect to wireless again
    5. start sky software again

if that still doesnt work, and your internet is ddefinately working, then try restarting your computer.

strangly, If i didnt restart my wls connection, the sky sw would just sit there for ages tring to connect.

I did report the problem to sky, but they fobbed me off saying it was my internet connection/ if there was a general problem everyone would be reporting it. I did try to argue that it looked like a problem with the code that does the reconnect after a dropped connection. they didnt bite though.

Luckily it has stopped now. My internet connection is exactly the same so i suspect there has been some updates to the skt sw, or some of the packages it is based on (Adobe Air?), which have resolved the problem.

out of interest, did you restart your network copnnection or restart your computer in the process of trying to reconnect? if not, try that next time...
  • edited January 2014
    I used to have connection problems every night, whilst playing 6-12 tables. around 5 times a night. Each time I was able to reconnect by following some simple instructions (assuming the problem wasn't with my internet connection) the problem would typically manifest itself by throwing up a connection error, stopping new tables/hand histories/lobby's from appearing before eventually hanging completely if left long enough. 1. Test your internet connection is funtioning (go to a website, play a song on spotify or whatever) 2. close  the sky software 3. disconnect from wireless 4. connect to wireless again 5. start sky software again if that still doesnt work, and your internet is ddefinately working, then try restarting your computer. strangly, If i didnt restart my wls connection, the sky sw would just sit there for ages tring to connect. I did report the problem to sky, but they fobbed me off saying it was my internet connection/ if there was a general problem everyone would be reporting it. I did try to argue that it looked like a problem with the code that does the reconnect after a dropped connection. they didnt bite though. Luckily it has stopped now. My internet connection is exactly the same so i suspect there has been some updates to the skt sw, or some of the packages it is based on (Adobe Air?), which have resolved the problem. out of interest, did you restart your network copnnection or restart your computer in the process of trying to reconnect? if not, try that next time...yes a turned it of an on but no lck thanx for your advice much appreciated chicken 
    Posted by chicknMelt