You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sharing tips on improving your playing environment

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat

Hi

We thought we'd start a thread for people to share the things they do to make their time playing on Sky Poker more comfortable.

We are thinking about things like:

- The setup you prefer - monitor, desk, keyboard mouse etc
- The chair and seating position
- Lighting and heating in the room
- Food and drink access
- Other things you like to have available
- Sure you can think of other things...

What is your setup like and works for you?

Have you invested money on any of the things above and were you glad you did?

Do you think you play better as a result?

Thanks
Sky Poker

Comments

• edited January 2014
    I used too have an RGB from laptop too 50" tv,   large coffee, wireless mouse and keyboard, i do not enjoy playing on  laptop. seat of choice was bed, nice and comfy.
    heating on and lights off normally watching live shows if it was or mastercash games on 861.

then my little girl arrived which is fantstic and wouldnt change her for the world...

i now recently bought a new desktop still mouse and keyboard for me 24" screen, no more bed for comfort though lol just a normal little dining table chair. with pillow support for the annoying metal bars on my back, 
    lights on now normally ceebeebies or mickey mouse club on the backround missing keyhands chasing the little one around trying too  get the mouse back, normally water incase she goes for my coffee, headphonnes in for 861 because my good lady does not want too here poker analasis on the tv.

what i would like too have available is...

on some other sites not nameing them....  there is keyboard shortcut keys for calling raising folding. 
     so call could be F8 for example F7 could call,  i would like to pick what keys too use, and also 3x raise key 4x     raise key's this miby not suit everyone but if the option was there it is good for multitabling and quick decisions.

well thats about my setup     :)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Sharing tips on improving your playing environment:
    Hi We thought we'd start a thread for people to share the things they do to make their time playing on Sky Poker more comfortable. We are thinking about things like: - The setup you prefer - monitor, desk, keyboard mouse etc - The chair and seating position - Lighting and heating in the room - Food and drink access - Other things you like to have available - Sure you can think of other things... What is your setup like and works for you? Have you invested money on any of the things above and were you glad you did? Do you think you play better as a result? Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Hi,

Unrelated, however, if you could take a look at the lobby around the time i write this, there seems to be a player (IEatApples) blocking 12+ tables of both HU NLHE and PLO.

The reason hes doing this is because he feels he should be entitled to sit at one of the £1.50/£3.00 HUPLO tables without playing me, therefore blocks them (sits at the table with x amount and sits out, so no one can play). Only 2 tables of this stake spawn in the lobby, which is the cause of the problem as any one player can sit at 2 tables at any given stake.

If you can't actually force him off the tables or its not against any T's and C's to do what hes doing, then can I suggest you limit the number of £1.50/£3.00 HUPLO tables that spawn to just 1. Alternatively you could cap the number of tables that a player, at a particular stake, can sit at to 1. Having this cap set to 2 just clutters up the Sky Poker lobby for no good reason.

Thanks,

jh16