You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Winter Games Promo Question: FAO SKY

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
It states that CURRENT priority members are excluded. I have entered the code and it has been excepted but I will make priority for the first time tonight. Does this mean I will then be excluded???

Just asking because I may stop short of making priority if this is the case. This is by no means a grumble, it's a great promo therefore I would just like some clarification

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Is there a difference?

Never mind then. My mind gets all confuddled sometimes.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Winter Games Promo Question: FAO SKY:
    It states that CURRENT priority members are excluded. I have entered the code and it has been excepted but I will make priority for the first time tonight. Does this mean I will then be excluded??? Just asking because I may stop short of making priority if this is the case. This is by no means a grumble, it's a great promo therefore I would just like some clarification
    Posted by waller02
    Dont bother waller. I cant see how priority benefits outweigh this promo, they certainly didnt this month. 

I went through 10k on Tuesday, and feel done over again by sky for the second month in a row. Only this is an even better promo than the PS4 rake race. 

Think about it all the major raking players on the site have now been swept into priority, there wont be enough new high stakes grinders to replace them making this ripe imo. 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Winter Games Promo Question: FAO SKY:
    In Response to Winter Games Promo Question: FAO SKY : Dont bother waller. I cant see how priority benefits outweigh this promo, they certainly didnt this month.  I went through 10k on Tuesday, and feel done over again by sky for the second month in a row. Only this is an even better promo than the PS4 rake race.  Think about it all the major raking players on the site have now been swept into priority, there wont be enough new high stakes grinders to replace them making this ripe imo. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    It's just the fact it says "current" priority members and when I entered the code it was excepted. I fully agree with you that it is not worth making priority tonight as this promo is too good to miss out on.

Can somebody from sky tell me if I would be excluded? The wording "current" plus the fact the code has been accepted does make it a bit unclear imo
  • edited January 2014
    Hello everyone,

Unfortunately there is no way to do these leaderboards without allowing all players to enter the promo code.  However when we run the report we have set it up to only pull non priority players.  Therefore priority guys will not appear on the Winter Games Leaderboard.

They will however appear on the Cash Game Champs leaderboard running from Feb. 15 - 28 becuse this will be open to all.

I hope that helps.
  • edited January 2014
    Hello everyone, Unfortunately there is no way to do these leaderboards without allowing all players to enter the promo code.  However when we run the report we have set it up to only pull non priority players.  Therefore priority guys will not appear on the Winter Games Leaderboard. They will however appear on the Cash Game Champs leaderboard running from Feb. 15 - 28 becuse this will be open to all. I hope that helps.
    Posted by Sky_Justin
    Nice one Justin----- that will absolutely, definately, without a shadow of doubt, instantly stop anyone and everyone from even thinking of ever moaning again ever!

• edited January 2014
    Hello everyone, Unfortunately there is no way to do these leaderboards without allowing all players to enter the promo code.  However when we run the report we have set it up to only pull non priority players.  Therefore priority guys will not appear on the Winter Games Leaderboard. They will however appear on the Cash Game Champs leaderboard running from Feb. 15 - 28 becuse this will be open to all. I hope that helps.
    Posted by Sky_Justin
    Yeah that clears it up, thanks for the reply.

So, now I have a decision!!! Have never put in so much volume as I have this month and it has killed me!! I'm pretty sure a score of 9999 would  just about keep me in the top 50 for the PS4 promo, if not then so be it because this Winter games promo is a better one.

The other main factor is that I have been playing mainly DYM's to gain these points, and here lies the problem.........I am poor at them. Been on an awful run for the last 2 weeks. But after the C4P payment I will be approx. £100 up though.

Looks like priority can do one, I will be apologising to the missus and grinding my backside off again next month!!!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Winter Games Promo Question: FAO SKY : It's just the fact it says "current" priority members and when I entered the code it was excepted. I fully agree with you that it is not worth making priority tonight as this promo is too good to miss out on. Can somebody from sky tell me if I would be excluded? The wording "current" plus the fact the code has been accepted does make it a bit unclear imo
    Posted by waller02
    If sky are following their previous criteria it is players who rake more than 10k in January that are excluded and treated as current priority. This happened to me in December and I was excluded from the PS4 promo. 

If you get below 10k this month, I would fully expect you to qualify for February's promo. If you dont then sky dont have any consistency from month to month. 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Winter Games Promo Question: FAO SKY : Nice one Justin----- that will absolutely, definately, without a shadow of doubt, instantly stop anyone and everyone from even thinking of ever moaning again ever!
    Posted by oynutter
    Oi!!!!!! I wasn't moaning, was a very relevant question :)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Winter Games Promo Question: FAO SKY : If sky are following their previous criteria it is players who rake more than 10k in January that are excluded and treated as current priority. This happened to me in December and I was excluded from the PS4 promo.  If you get below 10k this month, I would fully expect you to qualify for February's promo. If you dont then sky dont have any consistency from month to month. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Yeah, Justin is saying if you make priority this month then you are excluded. I'm on 9.6k points so far but I'm gonna stop at 9999 lol don't wanna miss this promo
  • edited January 2014
    Just out of interest, what benefits does a priority member get? Given the fact it will only likely be for one month with around 10.3K points........def not worth missing the promo??
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Winter Games Promo Question: FAO SKY : Yeah, Justin is saying if you make priority this month then you are excluded. I'm on 9.6k points so far but I'm gonna stop at 9999 lol don't wanna miss this promo
    Posted by waller02
    Just make sure you dont reg for loads of dyms waller before midnight !
  • edited January 2014
    Just out of interest, what benefits does a priority member get? Given the fact it will only likely be for one month with around 10.3K points........def not worth missing the promo??
    Posted by waller02
    In January, 2 freerolls (min and main plus jackpot for binking both) one for £1k  other £2k prizepool (relatively small fields) and a PS4 freeroll as well. I think there was a series of UKPC freerolls as well for those who got over 10k by the 10th, 20k by the 20th etc. 

Sky should announce what the priority promotions are at the same time as the non prio promotions. Then we can all make informed decisions, but that is never happening. 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Winter Games Promo Question: FAO SKY : In January, 2 freerolls (min and main plus jackpot for binking both) one for £1k  other £2k prizepool (relatively small fields) and a PS4 freeroll as well. I think there was a series of UKPC freerolls as well for those who got over 10k by the 10th, 20k by the 20th etc.  Sky should announce what the priority promotions are at the same time as the non prio promotions. Then we can all make informed decisions, but that is never happening. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Ah right cheers. Think I will just go for the promo then, don't think priority will be worth it for me especially as it won't be a regular thing.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Winter Games Promo Question: FAO SKY : Dont bother waller. I cant see how priority benefits outweigh this promo, they certainly didnt this month.  I went through 10k on Tuesday, and feel done over again by sky for the second month in a row. Only this is an even better promo than the PS4 rake race.  Think about it all the major raking players on the site have now been swept into priority, there wont be enough new high stakes grinders to replace them making this ripe imo. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    +1
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Winter Games Promo Question: FAO SKY : In January, 2 freerolls (min and main plus jackpot for binking both) one for £1k  other £2k prizepool (relatively small fields) and a PS4 freeroll as well. I think there was a series of UKPC freerolls as well for those who got over 10k by the 10th, 20k by the 20th etc.  Sky should announce what the priority promotions are at the same time as the non prio promotions. Then we can all make informed decisions, but that is never happening. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    +2