You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Promotions based on points..

edited February 2014 in Poker Chat
First of all, this is not a complaint - Sky do a tonne of promotions that it really doesn't have to and I thank them for it! Second of all, I am aware that Sky can't please everyone.

However, I feel like someone needs to say that the lower stake players do seem to be getting left behind during the promotions from time-to-time .. maybe they should be left behind as they don't put as much money down on the site - that's for someone with more knowledge on the subject than myself to decide.

Having said that, I can't help but feel that a promotion based on the amount of time spent on Sky Poker in a given month would make a lot of players very happy, and also reward all the loyal customers.

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Promotions based on points..:
    First of all, this is not a complaint - Sky do a tonne of promotions that it really doesn't have to and I thank them for it! Second of all, I am aware that Sky can't please everyone. However, I feel like someone needs to say that the lower stake players do seem to be getting left behind during the promotions from time-to-time .. maybe they should be left behind as they don't put as much money down on the site - that's for someone with more knowledge on the subject than myself to decide. Having said that, I can't help but feel that a promotion based on the amount of time spent on Sky Poker in a given month would make a lot of players very happy, and also reward all the loyal customers. Thoughts?
    Posted by peter27
    Same here. I feel like i cant compete in most promos as i work 6 days a week and cant put any large volume in.. Maybe there should be promos that reward quality as apposed to quantity... I know there is a thread putting every promo down and that you cant pease everyone.. Im not complaining but this is my opinion

• edited January 2014
    At least your allowed in them!
  • edited January 2014
    There should be free cash for everybody! -- wait a minute---- that would never work----poor people would keep joining the site, then they would withdraw the free cash and spend it all on fishfingers and drugs---- no---- giving cash to responsible rich people is surely the best policy.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Promotions based on points..:
    In Response to Promotions based on points.. : Same here. I feel like i cant compete in most promos as i work 6 days a week and cant put any large volume in.. Maybe there should be promos that reward quality as apposed to quantity... I know there is a thread putting every promo down and that you cant pease everyone.. Im not complaining but this is my opinion
    Posted by bigflop1
    promo's don't need to reward quality because guess what... if you play quality you win money!! 
  • edited February 2014
    Something like the golden tickets was better as it was inclusive instead of exclusive.

Would be good to see some more promo's that more players would have access too.
  • edited February 2014
    Something like the golden tickets was better as it was inclusive instead of exclusive. Would be good to see some more promo's that more players would have access too.
    Posted by LARSON7
    +1 Ive said this before. The Golden Tickey was by far the best for everyone. The top players still got the advantage as the accumulated more tickets but the small stakes still had a chance of winning any of the prizes on offer.
  • edited February 2014
    What would you guys think of "a promotion based on the amount of time spent on Sky Poker in a given month" though?
  • edited February 2014
    What would you guys think of " a promotion based on the amount of time spent on Sky Poker in a given month" though?
    Posted by peter27
    It would be a complete joke.

So someone who spent ten hours a week and spent £500 on rake should get more than someone who spends 20 hours a week and spent £100 on rake.

I actually dont like rake races, but time races would be even worse.

Promotions should be tailored to people who spend money on poker. Not time or rake.

That way people who spend money are happy and then in turn regs are happy as the games are softer.
  • edited February 2014
    At least your allowed in them!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Aha agree dude these not priorty players dont seem to realise what there getting! ,

Better off not bein priority and getting these big sums instead lol.

Sky would never reward players based on "time spent" on the site , you could play 10 hours 1 table NL4 and pay a few quid in rake at most so how could they reward that type of player.

Nothing against low stakes but this is why cash for points is what it is to pay more out to rake payed eg ,

This is why these great new promos for "non priority" are introduce alot lately to get players to actually sign up an grind away to keep the oney circuling on the site so its clever of sky for sure.
  • edited February 2014
    So someone who spent ten hours a week and spent £500 on rake should get more than someone who spends 20 hours a week and spent £100 on rake. I actually dont like rake races, but time races would be even worse. Promotions should be tailored to people who spend money on poker. Not time or rake. That way people who spend money are happy and then in turn regs are happy as the games are softer.
    Posted by ajs4385
    Sky would never reward players based on "time spent" on the site , you could play 10 hours 1 table NL4 and pay a few quid in rake at most so how could they reward that type of player.
    Posted by kidwiz10
    I think someone who spends more time should get more promotions. Aren't promotions about rewarding loyal customers? Many customers spend hours on Sky Poker, but don't have the bankroll to spend thousands.

I think there should be a freeroll or promotion for those members who spend the most amount of time on Sky Poker in a month (maybe the top 100). Don't forget the top 100 would be the people who have literally spent a whole week (168 hours) playing time on Sky Poker in one month - surely that type of dedication should get some reward, regardless of how much they spend on rake?
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Promotions based on points.. : In Response to Re: Promotions based on points.. : I think someone who spends more time should get more promotions. Aren't promotions about rewarding loyal customers? Many customers spend hours on Sky Poker, but don't have the bankroll to spend thousands. I think there should be a freeroll or promotion for those members who spend the most amount of time on Sky Poker in a month (maybe the top 100). Don't forget the top 100 would be the people who have literally spent a whole week (168 hours) playing time on Sky Poker in one month - surely that type of dedication should get some reward, regardless of how much they spend on rake?
    Posted by peter27
    Maybe to a small extent, it's mostly about making more money for Sky.

Look at the recent promo, the top player prob paid about £4k in rake. Which covers all the prizes for the top 10.

If you look at the top 10 alone, the rake paid is probably about 30k.

Don't know the exact figurs, i could be over or under but basically the promo prob made sky a lot more through the extra level of play it encouraged than had the promo not run.