You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TV Tables feedback

edited February 2014 in Poker Chat

Hi

We're sure you're familiar with TV cash tables on Sky Poker, they are highlighted so that people know that your hands can be shown on Sky Poker TV - Mastercash tables for example.

We get quite a lot of requests from people asking for hands to be shown and analysed on Sky Poker TV but often they are non 'non-TV' tables. So here's something to discuss...

Do you think there should be more or less of these, or perhaps all or nothing?

So...

Comments

• edited January 2014

As people have pointed out previously, effectively all hands are 'public' in that (as with pretty much all sites) if you have an account you can watch hands at any table - albeit without necessarily knowing all the cards.

That said, do some of you actively avoid TV tables because you dont like having them shown on TV potentially?
  • edited January 2014
    I think there is call for at least one table at every level to be a dedicated TV table. I've always found it a little odd that this is not the case.
  • edited January 2014

I tend to think that the solution is just to make sure new Master Cash tables spawn once existing tables are filled. I believe that's the case now, anyway.

The problem used to be that there were a finite number of MC tables. Now everyone can choose whether to play on them or not. As it should be, in my opinion.

The only thing I'd change about that might be to make the MC tables more prominent in the lobby. Using the template set in the Tournament lobby would seem to be a good idea. I.e. Master Cash tables could be in their own highlighted section at the top of the lobby and you must scroll past them to reach the non-TV tables.

A more pressing concern with regards to TV hands, in my mind at least, would be to see a return of the Poker Clinic. As it is, there's little point in any of the TV tournaments apart from the Mains on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday because there's no way for these hands to be shown at present.

• edited January 2014
    i think there is scope for another type show for hands too be analysed on any table, but the tv mastercash table should remain the same for live show as usual.  

so miby like the forum it could be called the poker clinic show not sure if this is out allready for a show not a thread.
    where u could have key cash players for a couple of hours and people post any hand what so ever from anytable through the week and could be shown and advice given too thes players.

just an idea. 
  • edited January 2014
    just read the post above so it was a show lol.     miby call it  POKER SURGERY. OR DR POKER.:) OR   HOLD EM' N COUGH PLEASE
  • edited January 2014
    Honestly--------- are we bovvered?
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: TV Tables feedback:
    Honestly--------- are we bovvered?
    Posted by oynutter
    +1

all tables.
  • edited January 2014
     Just make every cash table a tv table (you can still have regular 100xBB tables and deep 200xBB tables) imo.

+1 to MC tables for all levels, been said for years but give the <10nl guys a chance to get a hand shown and add 30/40nl MC tables
  • edited January 2014
    I think what we have now is fine :-)

Although, while on the subject of TV tables .. I would like to see some more Sit & Go hands/tournaments on the TV!
  • edited January 2014
    I think what we have now is fine :-) Although, while on the subject of TV tables .. I would like to see some more Sit & Go hands/tournaments on the TV!
    Posted by peter27
    Agreed, some SnG tables on 861 would be a canny change.
  • edited January 2014
    I tend to think that the solution is just to make sure new Master Cash tables spawn once existing tables are filled. I believe that's the case now, anyway. The problem used to be that there were a finite number of MC tables. Now everyone can choose whether to play on them or not. As it should be, in my opinion. 
    Posted by BorinLoner
    +1

Borin back to his fine self
  • edited January 2014
    I've still seen no sensible reason for there not being a 2p/4p TV cash table.
  • edited January 2014
    Can we see the chat box on TV too ?

That would be fun !
  • edited January 2014
    Can they show an hour of a 2p/4p forum cash game with the chatbox on please.
  • edited February 2014

Thanks for the votes guys, interesting.
  • edited February 2014
    Can they show an hour of a 2p/4p forum cash game with the chatbox on please.
    Posted by cenachav
    Ha, unfortunately that's not possible.