You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

No idea

edited February 2014 in The Poker Clinic
matlyls Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £59.93
linebacker Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £49.50
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

russia Fold        
gazza127 Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £99.30
dubzs Call   £1.50 £3.75 £99.00
blaaaaaaaa Call   £1.50 £5.25 £102.00
matlyls Call   £1.25 £6.50 £58.68
linebacker Call   £1.00 £7.50 £48.50
Flop

• K
  • Q

matlyls Check        
linebacker Bet   £1.50 £9.00 £47.00
gazza127 ??

Comments

• edited February 2014
    He's likely to be on a draw of some sort doing this.  Possibly pair + draw, but almost certainly behind my Aces.

Question is can I raise here with that many people behind?  Or should I call?  Or should I just fold as this board is wayyyy too messy?
  • edited February 2014
    This looks like a stopper while on a draw. I would raise the £9. You have position if they call and you are repping a hand they might be drawing to. if the just call. If they raise they have made it and you could escape.
  • edited February 2014
  • edited February 2014
  • edited February 2014
    Donk bet can mean a few things, and a draw is not always top of the list. They can easy call or check/raise a draw or pair + draw if they wanted, but it is possible of course. Other reason for a donk bet is when they are protecting a hand. So could easy be facing set of 9's or two pair with KQ as well. Possible one has the flush already as well.

Given all of that I'm not sure I like folding, but not sure I like raising either with around 40% equity with two left to act, and no idea where you are right now on a pretty nasty board against 3 villians. Call and re-evaluate at the turn I think for me. Reraise from either of the other two and muck.

EDIT: Actually didn't pay enough attention to his donk bet size. You could raise here, but if he is drawing I wouldn't be surprised at a call. Still if you only get a call it will answer where you are and that your AA are likely to still be good. Of course any reraise and it has to be a fold I think. To screwed a board. If you get them all call the raise.... good luck too you. Personally I favour a call just till you see how much interest is in the rest of table. Riase is option, but still not an uber one.
  • edited February 2014
    Fold.

Raising 5 way here is setting fire to money.
  • edited February 2014
    It has to be a call. There are two players behind you, and with a straight and flush already there (although draws are more likely) I reckon you're not in good shape if the pot gets huge. You want to pot control this, in this instance, and you really don't want anyone else to raise that flop bet (little as it is). You need a brick on the turn (two of hearts) and hopefully that will thin the field.
  • edited February 2014
    For £1.50 I'm not folding, but that flop is just terrible.

Flat - Take it from there.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: No idea:
    For £1.50 I'm not folding, but that flop is just terrible. Flat - Take it from there.
    Posted by HYPETING
    Yeah, this. We can't raise for value just yet. If turn is a brick and there's no substantial betting that'd be when I'd put in some sort of hefty bet.
  • edited February 2014
    Ugly. I don't think we can fold for £1.50 and raising just gets us into a whole boat load of trouble. He could have so so much here but my money is on a draw or two. I'm thinking any set, two pair, small flush and straight would bet bigger to thin down the field. He could be trying to set his own price or has flopped huge and wants someone to reraise his small bet on a board that connects so many ways and it also allows someone to put max pressure on us with say AQ, AJ, A10 with ace of clubs when they shove allin. 

Just flat and see what happens. Things could go crazy behind you and it's an easy fold then.