You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£500 Multi-Stack Tonight at 7:30pm

edited February 2014 in Poker Chat
hmmmm not a bad idea peter piper, il add this one to my schedule i think.

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Hi,

Over the next week we will be boosting our £200 guaranteed freezeout tournament at 7:30pm into a £500 Multi-Stack tournament where players can buy-in for a different size starting stack for different price-points:

1,000 Chips for £5.50
    2,000 Chips for £11
    3,000 Chips for £16.50
    4,000 Chips for £22

If you would like to leave some feedback on this thread about your experience playing this tournament, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you all enjoy! 

Good luck!

Sky Peter
  • edited February 2014

Very interesting dynamics in this game!
  • edited February 2014
    Yeah, I will give this a go too :)
  • edited February 2014
    why no breaks in this? i wont be entering again if this doesent get sorted.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: £500 Multi-Stack Tonight at 7:30pm:
    why no breaks in this? i wont be entering again if this doesent get sorted.
    Posted by THEROCK573

Human error, TR. I couldn't name which human as I don't want Pete getting all embarassed. It's been sorted for future editions though :)
  • edited February 2014
    so, what's optimal - buy-in cheap or take the big stack?
    i'm in two minds about it

i usually take an immediate rebuy where available
    but i also like to late reg
    ho hum

now make it a bounty hunter and it becomes way more interesting

ps i'm not seeing it in the lobby - you given up on it already
  • edited February 2014
    Hi Everybody, 

Thanks for playing the Multi-Stack last night, the tournament went well and we would like to share a very interesting piece of information with you all about how valuable buying in a bit deeper can be.

- Only 6 players out of 68 bought in for the top tier at (£22 for 4,000 chips)

- Out of 6, 4 of these players finished in the top 8 of the tournament and 
             cashed (9 places paid)          

- With one of these players finishing 1st.

Seeing these numbers would it encourage you to buy in deeper than the minimum in the future?

The Multi-Stack shall retain its time of 7:30pm.

Hope you all enjoy.
  • edited February 2014
    nice info, although ironically no!

the challenge is now to buy in for the minimum and to take it down.
    and i can afford 4x as many attempts than if buying in for the max.
  • edited February 2014
    I didn't play because £5.50 is currently outside my bankroll, but even after reading those facts, I would still go for the cheapest option. Like Geldy said, the aim would be to win the tournament and you would have four times the amount of attempts cost wise :-)

I also agree with Geldy that this game should be made a bounty hunter, would be great fun!
  • edited February 2014
    I didn't play because £5.50 is currently outside my bankroll, but even after reading those facts, I would still go for the cheapest option. Like Geldy said, the aim would be to win the tournament and you would have four times the amount of attempts cost wise :-) I also agree with Geldy that this game should be made a bounty hunter, would be great fun!
    Posted by peter27
    yeah because theres just not enough bounty hunters really is there!!
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: £500 Multi-Stack Tonight at 7:30pm : Human error, TR. I couldn't name which human as I don't want Pete getting all embarassed. It's been sorted for future editions though :)
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    can you tell pete to sort a break out for the ukpc quater final please aswell then.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: £500 Multi-Stack Tonight at 7:30pm : yeah because theres just not enough bounty hunters really is there!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Haha - I really hope Peter was being sarcastic.
  • edited February 2014
    Multi-Stack Update - Day 2!

- Out of 54 runners only 5 bought for the max (£22, 4,000 Chips).

- Out of these 5, 4 of these runners finished in the top 4 positions.

Whilst personally I do agree being given 4 chances with 1,000 chips is a nice way to look at it, there is definately a noticable advantage to buying in deep. It would be good to hear from those on this post about how they found this tournament buying in deep and facing off against shorter stacks.

Today there will be a few changes to this tournament. The £16.50 will offer 4,000 chips and the £22 will now offer 5,000 chips.

Hope you all enjoy!

SkyPeter.

• edited February 2014
    Multi-Stack Update - Day 2!  - Out of 54 runners only 5 bought for the max (£22, 4,000 Chips).  - Out of these 5, 4 of these runners finished in the top 4 positions. Whilst personally I do agree being given 4 chances with 1,000 chips is a nice way to look at it, there is definately a noticable advantage to buying in deep. It would be good to hear from those on this post about how they found this tournament buying in deep and facing off against shorter stacks. Today there will be a few changes to this tournament. The £22 will now offer 5,000 chips rather than 4,000. Hope you all enjoy! SkyPeter.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    It couldn't possibly be because they are amongst the better players in the field? ;)

Will have a bash at this tonight.
  • edited February 2014
    I will sign up to this one too (again).
  • edited February 2014

If this can get some more runners it would help improve it, get some more £ up top. I really like the idea. 

The structure might need some tweaking as it got really shallow due to players nitting up on the bubble meaning chips were passed from player to player so when the ft started av stack was extremely low.

• edited February 2014
    I played this last night (bought in for 2000 chips)...

Its pretty much a shove fest from the last 2 tables, so buying in for full should not make to much difference imo - though having 4000 chips may give you a better chance of getting to the all in bit late on :)
  • edited February 2014
    i like this tourney 1st i played came 2nd to solack

i have my own lil tactic of playing i think u have to pay the £22 for 4k chips imo

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: £500 Multi-Stack Tonight at 7:30pm : yeah because theres just not enough bounty hunters really is there!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    not where you can choose to start as a Hunter or one of the hunted. whereas currently it is more of a weird rebuy.
  • edited February 2014
    i like this tourney 1st i played came 2nd to solack i have my own lil tactic of playing i think u have to pay the £22 for 4k chips imo
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    But you shouldn't be playing....
  • edited February 2014
    Hope to see something like this in the Easter Ukops

There will be an Easter UKOPS right ;)
  • edited February 2014
    1267, shhhhh. You keep giving away our exclusive office ideas....

Nudge nudge, wink wink.
  • edited February 2014
    Multi-Stack Update - Day 2!  - Out of 54 runners only 5 bought for the max (£22, 4,000 Chips).  - Out of these 5, 4 of these runners finished in the top 4 positions. Whilst personally I do agree being given 4 chances with 1,000 chips is a nice way to look at it, there is definately a noticable advantage to buying in deep. It would be good to hear from those on this post about how they found this tournament buying in deep and facing off against shorter stacks. Today there will be a few changes to this tournament. The £16.50 will offer 4,000 chips and the £22 will now offer 5,000 chips. Hope you all enjoy! SkyPeter.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    So after all the evidence from the first two days showing those who are buying in for the highest amounts are dominating the tournament, you do something to give them even more of an advantage? Surely this is moving in the wrong direction if you want to make it a competitive tournament?
  • edited February 2014
    I played this last night (bought in for 2000 chips)... Its pretty much a shove fest from the last 2 tables, so buying in for full should not make to much difference imo - though having 4000 chips may give you a better chance of getting to the all in bit late on :)
    Posted by goodylad21
    If I were to play it I'd also use this strat.

As always everyones attention is on how many chips you get, when it's the structure that has a more significant impact on how a tournament plays out.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: £500 Multi-Stack Tonight at 7:30pm : So after all the evidence from the first two days showing those who are buying in for the highest amounts are dominating the tournament, you do something to give them even more of an advantage? Surely this is moving in the wrong direction if you want to make it a competitive tournament?
    Posted by FCHD
    I don't think they are bothered about making it a competitive tournament. They are trying to encourage people to buy in for the maximum, so more money for them. Makes business sense, no?

+1 to Dohhhhhh also.
  • edited February 2014
    I guess it depends, how many players at each level the tournament attracts long term. 10 at the 2000 level will be worth more in Sky profits than 4 at the 5000 level, I'm just surprised they re-structured it this way so fast I suppose.
  • edited February 2014
    I finished 4th tonight with the minimum buy-in, and was chip leader with a dozen left... it can be done ;)
  • edited February 2014
    I finished 4th tonight with the minimum buy-in, and was chip leader with a dozen left... it can be done ;)
    Posted by Slipwater
    Yet I bought in for the max, scraped a min cash that left me 3 quid down. SIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited February 2014
    Posted by Slipwater

I agree, I bought in late for min. Doubled up...and  well you know the rest!

I think it's more about "the hand with the chips" THAN "the chips in the hand"?  

Oh I might patent that!.....

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: £500 Multi-Stack Tonight at 7:30pm : So after all the evidence from the first two days showing those who are buying in for the highest amounts are dominating the tournament, you do something to give them even more of an advantage? Surely this is moving in the wrong direction if you want to make it a competitive tournament?
    Posted by FCHD

I see what you mean but here's another way of looking at it.

The first two versions of the tournament, with 4k for £22, both missed their guarantee.
    The first version which offered 5k for £22 and 4k for £16.50, meant it hit guarantee for the first time.

So yes, there's more of an 'edge/value' for those in the top two tiers now but if it helps keep the guarantee up, that also makes it a more appealing tournament for people to punt with the shorter buy-in options. Would people rather have this as a £500 GTD with more of a chip edge to the bigger buy-ins or have it 'fairer' but for a £400 prizepool? It's a balancing act, but our feeling will be that the higher the GTD the more appealing the tournament is to any potential buy-in.

With a new format like this, it's always going to be tweaked but any feedback you guys have will be taken on board. 

DOHHHHHH - if you want to let us know your thoughts on which blind structure works best for this go ahead. One thing to bear in mind is that the tournament has to play out as somewhat fast for the 1k stacks, playable for the 2k stacks and then give the 3k/4k and 5k stacks plenty of room to play, without the tournament playing on all night at the same time :)