You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Salazar - nothing to £1000 in 6 months

edited February 2014 in Poker Chat
So don't play and get £40 nice one think i'll try that, good luck on your aim..

Comments

• edited February 2014
    For the last 6 months I've not played poker. I suppose I had fallen out of love with the game. Too many bad beats had me saying 'that's it. I'm not playing poker anymore', and I didn't. I hadn't visited the site or watched the programme in that period.

About a week ago, sky sent me a message saying if I deposited £20 they would give me £40. I thought ok I'll just play with their money and see what happens. I deposited 20 pounds and got the bonus, I then withdrew my 20 pounds that I had put in and was left with the 40 pounds sky poker had given me. 

I played some 2p 4p and managed to get the £40 up to £70, I then entered a tourney, a £5 bounty and cashed for about £40. Happy with my success I played another £5 bounty and won it for £140. I then entered the mini one night and finished 3rd for £200

In the space of a week I had turned my free £40 into £400+. In the last day or two I've entered a few £10 tournies and sat at the 5p 10p and dumped about £60.

So, no more £10 torneys and no more 5p-10p. For the time being it's £5 MTTs and 2p-4p with the aim of hitting £1000 in the next 6 months.

Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted on the ups and downs of nothing to £1000 in 6 months.

Current roll £340

Regards Salazar
  • edited February 2014
    Nice work! Good luck with it.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Salazar - nothing to £1000 in 6 months:
    So don't play and get £40 nice one think i'll try that, good luck on your aim..
    Posted by tomo_efc
    @tomo
    Yes, not that I'm advertising not playing to people, it's just the way it worked out for me. Maybe sky thought they had lost a regular player and regular payee of rake to the site. Maybe they thought they would try and lure me back like a dealer giving a free shot of smack to a reformed junkie. Well, it worked and the junkie is back and hitting the micro stakes and £5 tournies 

Thank you for the kind words.
  • edited February 2014
    Ooh, best of luck! Keep us updated!
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Salazar - nothing to £1000 in 6 months:
    About a week ago, sky sent me a message saying if I deposited £20 they would give me £40. 
    Posted by salazar

Hey! Where's my £40! I'm such a good player that I reload on a daily basis!

• edited February 2014
    Well my first night after my challenge started and it's been up and down. played some MTTs early in the night, cash later on. MTTs went bad. played 3 small stakes MTTs and crashed out of all of them well before the money. Took a couple of heads but about £10 down from them. 

So I was off to a bad start and then it was time for some cash tables, this could get messy. 4 tables of 4NL and was having a bit of a swingy session. Jacked it in up by £8

Overall, frustrating night, I'm about where I started, £1.50 down and still at £338

One good thing, poker points are on the up, 600 cash points which is pretty good for a few days playing 4nl 

I will update every few days or once a week from now on. 

Until then, good luck at the tables

• edited February 2014
    Well, it's been close to a week since my last post. I've been playing a lot of small stakes MTTs and some micro 2p 4p cash. Bankroll has been up and down since my last post. Up until tonight I hadn't had much luck in the MTTs and the cash profits were just about enough for me to stay even. 
    I should have been writing this all depressed having been down £20 to £320 up until a few hours ago. Then I decided I'd have little go on the evening £2 bounty hunter for a bit of fun and hopefully a small profit. Well, I managed to get all the way to the final table and win the thing for £130 including heads. 

So, no depressing post afterall, very happy with the win and bankroll now stands at £451

previous bankroll = £338
    profit/loss - +£113

Bankroll = £451

Good luck at the table folks, apart from at mine
  • edited February 2014
    Up until now I've posted when things have gone well. That's because on the whole things have gone well since returning from my break. That ended today. I had got upto £450 and was playing 2p 4p which meant I had 112 buy ins. I felt the time was right to have a shot at 5p 10p. I thought I'll play and if I lose to the point of going below £400 I'd stop and drop down back to 2p 4p. Well, that's what happened, some poor play on my part combined with some miricles being hit by the villains meant I was quickly down to £390 with £15 in front of me at the table. I thought if I lose this £15 then I've gone under the £400 mark. 

I also played some freeroll MTTs, I must be the only person who can be chip leader with 10 people left and go out without making the cut when 5 get an entry into the bigger tourney. 
    I went out first hand of the 2.30 BH with an over pair to the flop, this was the only MTT I paid to enter. 

So all in all it's been one of those days. I wanted to post the ups and downs and today was one of those down days, one of those days that I wished I hadn't bothered to turn the computer on. 

previous bankroll = £451
    profit/loss - -£42

Bankroll = £409:(

Tomorrow is a another day:)

P.S cash points so far this month - 1307