You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TommyD - this is for you.

After you closed my post (thanks for that) I tried to PM you as you suggested. In fact I tried to send it two or three times (apologies if you received those, but the software just froze in it's own inimitable style, and it didn't say "message sent" or anything) so I have had to resort to opening another discussion, which I am sure you will delete forthwith, as it seems we are not allowed to complain about any abuse from anyone associated with Sky Poker. This time I had the foresight to copy my message to the clipboard before I entrusted this system to transport it across cyberspace for me!

What I tried to message you, regarding XXX, is as follows:

Just for the record, why would I make any of that stuff up? I have played online with Julian and Redmond, and also live with Carlo, and I don't have a problem with them at all. It's not like I have a bee in my bonnet or anything about Sky Poker representatives! Redmond and I had a fierce heads-up battle of our own one night and we had a pleasant enough "chat" at the end of it. Julian always seems polite and reserved, in fact he is a friend of a friend of mine, and Carlo I have played with in The Vic, and despite being the table lunatic, is always the perfect gentleman. I take no pleasure out of slandering people and inventing anything that isn't 100% true.

I wish to make the following two clarifications:

#1. I merely considered XXX to be an "ambassador" of the site because he always appeared in his Sky Poker hoodie, has made numerous appearances on TV representing Sky Poker, and is often spoken about as being a "much respected regular" on there. Maybe "ambassador" was the wrong choice of word, but he was often at the centre of things on the TV, and for many perhaps someone to aspire to.

#2. What I said happened, happened, simple. What do I have to gain by fabricating something like that? I'm 48 years old, a family man, and I honestly have better things to do with my life than make up slanderous accusations! The guy ripped into me verbally, pure and simple, calling me all the names under the sun, and it really shocked me. Not because I'm not a big boy and I'm not used to bad language or anything, it just shocked me coming from someone I considered to be a professional, someone who always seemed to have a calm enough demeanour on TV, and someone who I honestly expected better from, especially as he gets bigged up so much by Tony Kendall for being the model professional. Maybe he lent his account to someone else that night? Who knows? And however you care to cover it up doesn't really interest me. I wrote it how it happened, warts and all, and if you don't like the truth, feel free to delete my comments, I don't really care. I know I have spoken the absolute truth and that's all that matters to me. It's hardly "shaming" anyone anyway is it? It's not like XXX has killed anyone, it's just a bit of abuse brought on by me smashing him up at the table, and perhaps other things in his life that may have been going wrong at the time. We all have bad days, I'm well aware of that. But clearly, as with most things approaching "political", the masses have to be shielded from the truth right?

At the end of the day, it's no big deal. My problem was with the software crashing more than anything, and maybe also the fact that for a long period of time bad play was getting rewarded. I was getting my whole stack in with aces and kings and getting snapped off by eights and nines, and I was losing nine out of ten of these for months and it decimated my otherwise healthy profit margin! Doesn't matter how much you try and put it down to variance, there comes a time when anyone would have had enough of it and quite understandably think a new site and a change of scenery might give them a bit better running, it's only human nature!

Anyway, this thread is not about poker beats, it's about XXX (hope that's PC enough not to get removed?), and heck it was a long time ago and I didn't lose any sleep over it, but the site did ask what users thought about Sky Poker, so I put it on here, rightly or wrongly. You can all stick up for each other as much as you like, but one thing is for sure, it happened, it is the truth, and it was extremely undignified of him! I only wish I had kept a screen dump of what he said to me that night! It was truly foul. End of story.

I wish you good luck at the tables, and I look forward to being deleted again in due course.

Kind regards,

Stuporman.

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Hi Stuporman

I did receive your PM today, well, several copies.  Not your fault, the software on the forum can be laggy sometimes and suddenly all of the PMs send at once.  I was composing a reply to you there but as you've made this public post I'll reply here.

Let's take it para by para shall we?

First up,  why are you trying to put yourself over as some renegade of funk with the 'which I am sure you will delete forthwith, as it seems we are not allowed to complain about any abuse from anyone associated with Sky Poker' gambit?  When do I ever do that?  I fight for threads to remain if anything.  And I just closed yours on that matter due to the name and shame element iirc.  How dare you even imply that sort of censorship from me personally.  If any Mod goes out of their way to keep stuff going, it's me.  That accusation is utterly diabolical.  You were practically advertising for another site which is understandably against the rules on this forum, yet I kept that in and did not delete the thread because I felt you deserved your voice heard.

Next para.  I was at pains to state that when I closed the thread or deleted the name 'this does not mean I think the allegation true on false.'  At no point did I ever accuse you of lying, again, stop putting yourself over as some sort of poor victim bullied by the Mod who won't believe you or that I am protecting the other person.  I neither believe you or disbelieve you.  There was then, as there is now, proper channels for you to complain about a player, go down that route.

Why is naming and shaming against the rules?  You offered up an allegation with no evidence, nothing conclusive, just your word.  I have no reason to disbelieve you.  However, and please understand this crucial part, if we allow one person to do that and let it stand, we set a precedent for everyone to have their name and shame against a player.  Do you really think all of these will be 100% accurate?  Do you really think that none will be lies born out of grudges at the tables?  So then we have defamation published on the website.  Hello legal teams.  There are proper ways you can complain and request chatbans for players.  The forum is not one of them.

your point 1)  Ambassador was 100% the wrong term.  There are two people with an Ambassador role at Skypoker (Charlotte Jackson directly and Sam Trickett as the UKPC ambassador for the upcoming series).  Then you have the implied ambassador role for people who work on the channel.  This person was none of these.  He is a player like you and me. 

Your point 2 you're circling round again to saying your version is true.  I think I have covered that.  The whole point of me closing that thread was regardless of accuracy, as I have explained above.

Next paragraph, is regarding variance.  True, switching sites is something which gives a mental placebo and freshens up our confidence.  But it is just a placebo imo, any leaks you have will remain, however with a return of confidence comes a stronger playstyle so it can be advantageous.

Next paragraph, back to being annoyed with the person again.  I think I've dealt with that

And thank you for the good luck on the tables.  You too.  I won't be deleting this thread, sorry to disappoint.
  • edited February 2014
    Stupor any issues about abuse report it to CC.

Also Tommyd, is a volunteer on the forum, could you not have gave him the time to respond to your message in private?

All the best
  • edited February 2014

I find it interesting that you can say this... " It's hardly "shaming" anyone anyway is it? It's not like XXX has killed anyone, it's just a bit of abuse brought on by me smashing him up at the table, and perhaps other things in his life that may have been going wrong at the time. We all have bad days, I'm well aware of that."
    And then this..." and heck it was a long time ago and I didn't lose any sleep over it."

Yet here we are again.

I think Tommy has been more than reasonable in his  explanation as to why the original thread was closed at the time and gone above and beyond with his response above.

Seriously think that it's time you moved on with this. You said that you are a big poker player,well if that's the case then anything like this be it bad beats or abuse should be water off a ducks back to you yet the sound of your axe grinding away is deafening.

Anyway, hopefully for the last time, good luck to you and run well.

• edited February 2014
    In Response to TommyD - this is for you.:
    After you closed my post (thanks for that) I tried to PM you as you suggested. In fact I tried to send it two or three times (apologies if you received those, but the software just froze in it's own inimitable style, and it didn't say "message sent" or anything) so I have had to resort to opening another discussion, which I am sure you will delete forthwith, as it seems we are not allowed to complain about any abuse from anyone associated with Sky Poker. This time I had the foresight to copy my message to the clipboard before I entrusted this system to transport it across cyberspace for me! What I tried to message you, regarding XXX, is as follows: Just for the record, why would I make any of that stuff up? I have played online with Julian and Redmond, and also live with Carlo, and I don't have a problem with them at all. It's not like I have a bee in my bonnet or anything about Sky Poker representatives! Redmond and I had a fierce heads-up battle of our own one night and we had a pleasant enough "chat" at the end of it. Julian always seems polite and reserved, in fact he is a friend of a friend of mine, and Carlo I have played with in The Vic, and despite being the table lunatic, is always the perfect gentleman. I take no pleasure out of slandering people and inventing anything that isn't 100% true. I wish to make the following two clarifications: #1. I merely considered XXX to be an "ambassador" of the site because he always appeared in his Sky Poker hoodie, has made numerous appearances on TV representing Sky Poker, and is often spoken about as being a "much respected regular" on there. Maybe "ambassador" was the wrong choice of word, but he was often at the centre of things on the TV, and for many perhaps someone to aspire to. #2. What I said happened, happened, simple. What do I have to gain by fabricating something like that? I'm 48 years old, a family man, and I honestly have better things to do with my life than make up slanderous accusations! The guy ripped into me verbally, pure and simple, calling me all the names under the sun, and it really shocked me. Not because I'm not a big boy and I'm not used to bad language or anything, it just shocked me coming from someone I considered to be a professional, someone who always seemed to have a calm enough demeanour on TV, and someone who I honestly expected better from, especially as he gets bigged up so much by Tony Kendall for being the model professional. Maybe he lent his account to someone else that night? Who knows? And however you care to cover it up doesn't really interest me. I wrote it how it happened, warts and all, and if you don't like the truth, feel free to delete my comments, I don't really care. I know I have spoken the absolute truth and that's all that matters to me. It's hardly "shaming" anyone anyway is it? It's not like XXX has killed anyone, it's just a bit of abuse brought on by me smashing him up at the table, and perhaps other things in his life that may have been going wrong at the time. We all have bad days, I'm well aware of that. But clearly, as with most things approaching "political", the masses have to be shielded from the truth right? At the end of the day, it's no big deal. My problem was with the software crashing more than anything, and maybe also the fact that for a long period of time bad play was getting rewarded. I was getting my whole stack in with aces and kings and getting snapped off by eights and nines, and I was losing nine out of ten of these for months and it decimated my otherwise healthy profit margin! Doesn't matter how much you try and put it down to variance, there comes a time when anyone would have had enough of it and quite understandably think a new site and a change of scenery might give them a bit better running, it's only human nature! Anyway, this thread is not about poker beats, it's about XXX (hope that's PC enough not to get removed?), and heck it was a long time ago and I didn't lose any sleep over it, but the site did ask what users thought about Sky Poker, so I put it on here, rightly or wrongly. You can all stick up for each other as much as you like, but one thing is for sure, it happened, it is the truth, and it was extremely undignified of him! I only wish I had kept a screen dump of what he said to me that night! It was truly foul. End of story. I wish you good luck at the tables, and I look forward to being deleted again in due course. Kind regards, Stuporman.
    Posted by Stuporman
    yawn yawn.....  
  • edited February 2014
    There are very few leaks in MY game thank you! I have supported a family of six for 11 years doing this, with a six figure profit from a three figure start! How is constantly getting your money in as 80% favourite leaky? What is leaky are the clueless gamblers on here that find it "lay down of the century" to let AQ, KQ and 99 go for their entire stack pre-flop, when it's clearly beat, but there doesn't seem to be many players about who are good enough to recognise this! Once your money is in it's down to the variance, which was shockingly bad here for a considerable time. I'm already 7 grand up in 2 months playing modest stakes on XXX so it looks like my "placebo" is working! Or maybe, just maybe, my 80% hands are winning 80% of the time, rather than 20% of the time now!

I honestly didn't realise XXX was not a part of Sky Poker. I just assumed that once you get invited to televised cash games and get a commentary spot on the Sky Poker channel, then you kind of "become" an ambassador for the site by default, loosely speaking, as you are in the public eye and are very much "associated" with the site at least. People (like me) may erroneously and genuinely THINK he is part of the site. Like I said, it was not WHAT was said, it was more WHO said it. This forum asked the question "What do you think of Sky Poker" and I chose to respond. Really wish I hadn't wasted my time bothering now. And yes, I HAVE let it go, you think I've stayed up all night for the last 2 years thinking about THAT jug-eared tw*t? It was just part of my reasoning why I chose to take my custom elsewhere, and I WAS top of the points leader board at one point and had my name in lights on the TV programme, so I assume I might have been one of the more valued players, financially anyway. It wasn't just XXX that gave me verbal, there were others, and yes you get it on all sites, even had it on the new one but I never respond any more, there really is no point, but on Sky the level of abuse was just that little bit higher. Seems like this clique little community don't like losing their money more than most, and it never encouraged me to get involved and play your live events, that's all I was saying. Maybe me falsely thinking XXX was more important to Sky Poker than he actually is didn't help.

Anyway, I am wasting far too much of my life banging my head off this proverbial brick wall. Once I send this, the first thing I am going to do is uninstall this program so I don't get drawn into carrying this on any longer. I will leave you all to your little community and you will be pleased to know you won't be hearing from me again. Let me summarize it all another way, the software is very poor, there you go! I should have just said that at the start really! And apologies again for having to post this publicly; Larson I tried three times to send this to Tommy privately, but the software gave me no indication that it had actually sent my message. I was always happy not to make a big deal out of it, I don't like making waves, I'm really not the type.

Maybe see you all across a poker table sometime, when you least expect it! All the best. :-)
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: TommyD - this is for you.:
    There are very few leaks in MY game thank you! I have supported a family of six for 11 years doing this, with a six figure profit from a three figure start! How is constantly getting your money in as 80% favourite leaky? What is leaky are the clueless gamblers on here that find it "lay down of the century" to let AQ, KQ and 99 go for their entire stack pre-flop, when it's clearly beat, but there doesn't seem to be many players about who are good enough to recognise this! Once your money is in it's down to the variance, which was shockingly bad here for a considerable time. I'm already 7 grand up in 2 months playing modest stakes on XXX so it looks like my "placebo" is working! Or maybe, just maybe, my 80% hands are winning 80% of the time, rather than 20% of the time now! I honestly didn't realise XXX was not a part of Sky Poker. I just assumed that once you get invited to televised cash games and get a commentary spot on the Sky Poker channel, then you kind of "become" an ambassador for the site by default, loosely speaking, as you are in the public eye and are very much "associated" with the site at least. People (like me) may erroneously and genuinely THINK he is part of the site. Like I said, it was not WHAT was said, it was more WHO said it. This forum asked the question "What do you think of Sky Poker" and I chose to respond. Really wish I hadn't wasted my time bothering now. And yes, I HAVE let it go, you think I've stayed up all night for the last 2 years thinking about THAT jug-eared tw*t? It was just part of my reasoning why I chose to take my custom elsewhere, and I WAS top of the points leader board at one point and had my name in lights on the TV programme, so I assume I might have been one of the more valued players, financially anyway. It wasn't just XXX that gave me verbal, there were others, and yes you get it on all sites, even had it on the new one but I never respond any more, there really is no point, but on Sky the level of abuse was just that little bit higher. Seems like this clique little community don't like losing their money more than most, and it never encouraged me to get involved and play your live events, that's all I was saying. Maybe me falsely thinking XXX was more important to Sky Poker than he actually is didn't help. Anyway, I am wasting far too much of my life banging my head off this proverbial brick wall. Once I send this, the first thing I am going to do is uninstall this program so I don't get drawn into carrying this on any longer. I will leave you all to your little community and you will be pleased to know you won't be hearing from me again. Let me summarize it all another way, the software is very poor, there you go! I should have just said that at the start really! And apologies again for having to post this publicly; Larson I tried three times to send this to Tommy privately, but the software gave me no indication that it had actually sent my message. I was always happy not to make a big deal out of it, I don't like making waves, I'm really not the type. Maybe see you all across a poker table sometime, when you least expect it! All the best. :-)
    Posted by Stuporman
    Really ? - doesn't sound like it.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: TommyD - this is for you.:
    There are very few leaks in MY game thank you! I have supported a family of six for 11 years doing this, with a six figure profit from a three figure start! How is constantly getting your money in as 80% favourite leaky? What is leaky are the clueless gamblers on here that find it "lay down of the century" to let AQ, KQ and 99 go for their entire stack pre-flop, when it's clearly beat, but there doesn't seem to be many players about who are good enough to recognise this! Once your money is in it's down to the variance, which was shockingly bad here for a considerable time. I'm already 7 grand up in 2 months playing modest stakes on XXX so it looks like my "placebo" is working! Or maybe, just maybe, my 80% hands are winning 80% of the time, rather than 20% of the time now! I honestly didn't realise XXX was not a part of Sky Poker. I just assumed that once you get invited to televised cash games and get a commentary spot on the Sky Poker channel, then you kind of "become" an ambassador for the site by default, loosely speaking, as you are in the public eye and are very much "associated" with the site at least. People (like me) may erroneously and genuinely THINK he is part of the site. Like I said, it was not WHAT was said, it was more WHO said it. This forum asked the question "What do you think of Sky Poker" and I chose to respond. Really wish I hadn't wasted my time bothering now. And yes, I HAVE let it go, you think I've stayed up all night for the last 2 years thinking about THAT jug-eared tw*t? It was just part of my reasoning why I chose to take my custom elsewhere, and I WAS top of the points leader board at one point and had my name in lights on the TV programme, so I assume I might have been one of the more valued players, financially anyway. It wasn't just XXX that gave me verbal, there were others, and yes you get it on all sites, even had it on the new one but I never respond any more, there really is no point, but on Sky the level of abuse was just that little bit higher. Seems like this clique little community don't like losing their money more than most, and it never encouraged me to get involved and play your live events, that's all I was saying. Maybe me falsely thinking XXX was more important to Sky Poker than he actually is didn't help. Anyway, I am wasting far too much of my life banging my head off this proverbial brick wall. Once I send this, the first thing I am going to do is uninstall this program so I don't get drawn into carrying this on any longer. I will leave you all to your little community and you will be pleased to know you won't be hearing from me again. Let me summarize it all another way, the software is very poor, there you go! I should have just said that at the start really! And apologies again for having to post this publicly; Larson I tried three times to send this to Tommy privately, but the software gave me no indication that it had actually sent my message. I was always happy not to make a big deal out of it, I don't like making waves, I'm really not the type. Maybe see you all across a poker table sometime, when you least expect it! All the best. :-)
    Posted by Stuporman
    But you didn't really did you? You gave an account of an incident with one player. And if this did happen 2 years ago and you only post about it now then it obviously IS bothering you. Why didn't you report him at the time?