You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

UFC/MMA

edited February 2014 in General Sports
does anybody follow/bet on the UFC or any other martial arts? i am a massive UFC fan and i have a bet on if theres a big card on. ive had a few good winners. basically just wondering if anyone else was into this sort of thing as theres nothing else on the forum like this.

plus its the first discussion in general sport! had to get it in there!

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to UFC/MMA:
    does anybody follow/bet on the UFC or any other martial arts? i am a massive UFC fan and i have a bet on if theres a big card on. ive had a few good winners. basically just wondering if anyone else was into this sort of thing as theres nothing else on the forum like this. plus its the first discussion in general sport! had to get it in there!
    Posted by phenom222
    yeah i do mate, love it, really sick of clueless/corrupt judges costing me money lately though to be honest so im gonna leave of the bets for a while i think. only good thing about bad judging lately for me was george st pierres last fight, i lumped £300 on st pierre to win and in my opinion johnny hendricks clearly got robbed and was the better man that night. ( RELIEVED THOUGH TO SAY THE LEAST. )
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hi guys, 

Good start to the General Sports thread!

I'm not into UFC at all but I want to be! Do you guys know the best place to watch the big fights and when?

Are there any good websites I could use to up my knowledge too?

Cheers.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: UFC/MMA:
    Hi guys,  Good start to the General Sports thread! I'm not into UFC at all but I want to be! Do you guys know the best place to watch the big fights and when? Are there any good websites I could use to up my knowledge too? Cheers.
    Posted by Sky_Jordan

the big fights are all shown on bt sport, wouldnt know about online but you will find out all you need to know from youtube!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    BT Sport. I think its such a good channel considering you get average 2 PPV cards per month which are $55 in america to order. and its all free with BT Internet! i lovve it. get a fair bit of football aswell. I have been into UFC for about 10 years and its getting bigger and bigger every day. So Jordan you wont find it hard to learn everything you need to know ionline there is so much out there now.

I cant believe you bet on st pierre to win! Hendricks is unreal. and yeah he got robbed. he beat GSP so badly he retired! I wouldnt bet on that it was just too close IMO. I bet alot on the undercards because you tend to get alot of the unknown up and coming fighters trying to make a name and if you know anything about their background etc it can be quite profitable to bet on.

download the 'mma underground' app for all the latest news and results. its also got loads of videos and photo galleries from past events. great app.

and ROCK.... dont get me started on some of the judging recently!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: UFC/MMA:
    BT Sport. I think its such a good channel considering you get average 2 PPV cards per month which are $55 in america to order. and its all free with BT Internet! i lovve it. get a fair bit of football aswell. I have been into UFC for about 10 years and its getting bigger and bigger every day. So Jordan you wont find it hard to learn everything you need to know ionline there is so much out there now. I cant believe you bet on st pierre to win! Hendricks is unreal. and yeah he got robbed. he beat GSP so badly he retired! I wouldnt bet on that it was just too close IMO. I bet alot on the undercards because you tend to get alot of the unknown up and coming fighters trying to make a name and if you know anything about their background etc it can be quite profitable to bet on. download the 'mma underground' app for all the latest news and results. its also got loads of videos and photo galleries from past events. great app. and ROCK.... dont get me started on some of the judging recently!!!
    Posted by phenom222
    That's great, thanks guys! I'll have a youtube marathon then look at getting on to the dark side and buying...BT Sport! (Booo!)

Thanks again.