You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheap Xmas entertainment

Hi peeps

Well the big day has arrived, but, its The Orfordable deepstack tonight, starts at 7pm, £3.30 to enter, 5K starting chipstack and 12 minute blinds the adverts must go on :)

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Cheap Xmas entertainment:
    Hi peeps Well the big day has arrived, but, its The Orfordable deepstack tonight, starts at 7pm, £3.30 to enter, 5K starting chipstack and 12 minute blinds the adverts must go on :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    im gonna enter this 2nite barry, hopefully be back from my sisters on time
  • edited December 2009
    Get Lisa in!

I'll be in the Primo Freeroll at 7 and Doublestack at 8.

Not sure if the family computer can handle 3 tables at once, but hey, if I can miss the first 45 mins of an open and still get to in the 60th-70th range, then missing the first couple of hours of the Orfordable should be no problem.

Be warned, I'm running hot!
    Even bubbled in a £100 Omaha MTT without really knowing what I'm doing! ;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Cheap Xmas entertainment:
    Get Lisa in! I'll be in the Primo Freeroll at 7 and Doublestack at 8. Not sure if the family computer can handle 3 tables at once, but hey, if I can miss the first 45 mins of an open and still get to in the 60th-70th range, then missing the first couple of hours of the Orfordable should be no problem. Be warned, I'm running hot! Even bubbled in a £100 Omaha MTT without really knowing what I'm doing! ;)
    Posted by Loki-Rogy
    You are on fire!!! Live and online

I have won £150 this week after about a £200 downswing, slight adjustment to my game seems to have worked wonders, poker is like a golf swing!!

I'll support the Orfordable tonight but like you may not be there till 8 ish!

Dave
  • edited December 2009
    Just hope the streak runs to Jan...

Got SPT Newcastle, APAT, and last 2 weeks of local league. Currently 2nd and Top 3 get transport and buyin to the £25 entry at DTD. Guys from our league came 1st and 4th last cycle, so we're hoping for the same again! The guy who runs the local league cashed in the Top 300 at the WSOP in '07 so he's been giving me some tips!

Look out for me in Total Player 2013!
  • edited December 2009
    Get Lisa in! I'll be in the Primo Freeroll at 7 and Doublestack at 8. Not sure if the family computer can handle 3 tables at once, but hey, if I can miss the first 45 mins of an open and still get to in the 60th-70th range, then missing the first couple of hours of the Orfordable should be no problem. Be warned, I'm running hot! Even bubbled in a £100 Omaha MTT without really knowing what I'm doing! ;)
    Posted by Loki-Rogy

I usually WOULD play this Loki but I'm in the 8pm Double stack this eve and anyone will tell you how utterly useless I am at multi tabling..

Unless you speak to Orford who will just tell you how utterly useless I am at poker!

The cheek!

xx

• edited December 2009
    No worries, my laptop only handles one at a time.

Luckily I've got access to another tonight, so I'll be double tabling and if that goes well, triple tabling!
    If it goes badly, i'll just be losing my money three times as fast!
  • edited December 2009
    No worries, my laptop only handles one at a time. Luckily I've got access to another tonight, so I'll be double tabling and if that goes well, triple tabling! If it goes badly, i'll just be losing my money three times as fast!
    Posted by Loki-Rogy

Uh oh! Well here's hoping it all goes VERY well ;)

Good luck!

x
  • edited December 2009
    honestly lisa your excuses are gettin thinner and thinner lol debs xx
  • edited December 2009
    Come on Lisa, get in the Orfordable!
    You'll be out by the time the Doublestack starts but at least we'll be able to say hi! ;)
  • edited December 2009

28 final total
  • edited December 2009
    honestly lisa your excuses are gettin thinner and thinner lol debs xx
    Posted by debdobs_67

Season of GOODWILL Deb!!! GOODWILL!!

lol

• edited December 2009
    Had to abandon the Orfordable, which is a pity as I wanted some 10handed DS practice before APAT, however I invested my time in the Doublestack and came 5th. My record cash on Sky for £420.

Not too shabby at all, especially since I called it several hours earlier!

Be warned, I'm running hot! Posted by Loki-Rogy
  • edited December 2009
    Had to abandon the Orfordable, which is a pity as I wanted some 10handed DS practice before APAT, however I invested my time in the Doublestack and came 5th. My record cash on Sky for £420. Not too shabby at all, especially since I called it several hours earlier! In Response to Re: Cheap Xmas entertainment :
    Posted by Loki-Rogy
    Congrats Loki, well played sir, what is tonight's lottery numbers? :)
  • edited December 2009
    Lottery?

Was poker all the way, not luck! Final hand was my AKo vs AQs - they flopped a flush...

"If it wasn't for luck I'd win every time!" (C) Phil Hellmuth
  • edited December 2009
    Lottery? Was poker all the way, not luck! Final hand was my AKo vs AQs - they flopped a flush... "If it wasn't for luck I'd win every time!" (C) Phil Hellmuth
    Posted by Loki-Rogy
    Lol, sorry Loki, I was asking for lottery numbers as you said you were running hot and you predicated a good finish, which you duly delivered.  Sorry if taken out of context.
  • edited December 2009
    By the way Loki, very unlucky on last hand
  • edited December 2009
    No worries Ross, only teasing.
    And I long ago accepted bad beats are a part of the game.
    Dished out a fair few in my time as well
    When you get knocked out it's usually one of 3 things.

1. Your own poor play
    2. Excellent opponent play
    3. Sheer bad luck

As long as it's not #1, I don't get too upset. Obviously I prefer #2 to #3, but some days you can't hit a thing.
    Only way to reduce variance is to play more games, that's my motto!