You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Whats going on with sky channel 861 lately

edited February 2014 in Poker Chat
Just flicked over other nite and said not showing hands so we going for breaks half hr later they come on to say we not showing any hands

same again tonight losing its customers whats going on

i wanna see some pokers

not clips of tikay interviewing antonio esfandiari  jake cody 100 times over

Comments

• edited February 2014
    50p for the meter for the sky graphics people to get some hands shown on tv
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Whats going on with sky channel 861 lately:
    i wanna see some pokers not clips of tikay interviewing antonio esfandiari  jake cody 100 times over
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    I hear you...I think I know some of those interviews almost off by hand now.
  • edited February 2014

I use to enjoy watching the poker channel but again tonight ten minutes was enough... I'm sure I've seen TK doing that interview once or twice already and I'm sorry but  a lot of these people on sky lately are worse than watching paint dry.... TK come back and talk about cement and concrete it's much more entertaining!!! 

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Whats going on with sky channel 861 lately:
    Just flicked over other nite and said not showing hands so we going for breaks half hr later they come on to say we not showing any hands same again tonight losing its customers whats going on i wanna see some pokers not clips of tikay interviewing antonio esfandiari  jake cody 100 times over
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    They had some technical problemns with the Console. It happens about once every 3 years.

The Channel viewing figures are at an all-time high, & have been on a steep upward curve for over a year now.

• edited February 2014
    It's just a co-incidence that's it's now happened twice within a fortnight.

Surely for such a mission-critical piece of kit (either hardware or software) for a live TV channel, there should be a back up system available?

Did things get back up and running last night, I gave up partway through the re-run of "Top Of The Pots"
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Whats going on with sky channel 861 lately:
    It's just a co-incidence that's it's now happened twice within a fortnight. Surely for such a mission-critical piece of kit (either hardware or software) for a live TV channel, there should be a back up system available? Did things get back up and running last night, I gave up partway through the re-run of "Top Of The Pots"
    Posted by FCHD
    I can tell you that behind the scenes, they moved Heaven & earth to resolve the problem.

I hope my reply to Steve was not felt to be too abrupt, but the tone of his Post, & the time of the morning (I'm typically grumpy in the mornings.....) did irk a little.

We keep reading on here how wonderful 888 & the like are, but their TV Channels are quite hard to find. 

• edited February 2014
    I use to enjoy watching the poker channel but again tonight ten minutes was enough... I'm sure I've seen TK doing that interview once or twice already and I'm sorry but  a lot of these people on sky lately are worse than watching paint dry.... TK come back and talk about cement and concrete it's much more entertaining!!! 
    Posted by EASYFIX
    Can't fault you mate, can't fault you.
  • edited February 2014

Whilst it is in my mind, if Steve does not mind me slightly hijacking his thread with, you know, positive stuff, but tomorrow evening (Tuesday) Ch 861 will have a VERY special Guest Analyst alongside me.

Probably not the biggest name in poker, in fact he is far from it, many of you may not even have heard of him. 

But he has played the circuit for some time now, had some big binks, & is doing rather nicely. A few weeks ago he made the Semi-Final of EPT Deauville, too.

He is WELL worth listening to, & watching.

We've wanted to get him on 861 for several years now, but he was under 25, so it was not possible. He has just had his 25th Birthday, so we were in like a shot.

Tuesday night, Ch 861.

• edited February 2014

And another thing, whilst it is in my mind.......

There will be NO LIVE SHOWS next week (Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday), as all the Crew will be up at UKPC, making a 6 part Show about UKPC to go on Sky Sports, starting in March.

So, no Console problems next week, then.

• edited February 2014
    He is WELL worth listening to, & watching.   We've wanted to get him on 861 for several years now, but he was under 25, so it was not possible.Posted by Tikay10
    I thought the age was 21, or is it like Asda, where if you look under 25 they will passport-check you?
  • edited February 2014
    I'm pretty sure it is 25 to appear on the TV show, they booked Lol_Raise to come on as a guest and had to drop the idea
  • edited February 2014
    I'm pretty sure it is 25 to appear on the TV show, they booked Lol_Raise to come on as a guest and had to drop the idea
    Posted by FCHD
    Why though? You can appear in x-rated movies at 18, but you can't talk about how to play suited connectors until you're 25?

Weird.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Whats going on with sky channel 861 lately : Why though? You can appear in x-rated movies at 18, but you can't talk about how to play suited connectors until you're 25? Weird.
    Posted by Slipwater
    25, I'm afraid.

Talk to OFCOM & the ASA (Ch 861 has a Teleshopping Licence), they make the Rules.

Ch 861 have to be very careful with this sort of thing.

At a Live, filmed Tourney, the rules change somewhat. It's all very complicated, but needs must & all that.

I think there have been two "accidents" in the past, where it has suddenly become apparent that the Guest would not be age-compliant, so they have had to cancel.

You should see the Book of Rules, it's a proper monsta.

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Whats going on with sky channel 861 lately : Why though? You can appear in x-rated movies at 18, but you can't talk about how to play suited connectors until you're 25? Weird.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Sounds like the voice of experience there, Brian.

We're all good to go tomorrow for another live show (show thread coming soon).

We've got a great guest (Alex Goulder) a grate analyst (as in 'really grates after a while') Tikay. Oh, and me.

If on the offchance we do have problems showing poker hands, I hope you like long rambling stories about cement mixers and pylons. I'm bringing ear-plugs. Just to be on the safe side...
  • edited February 2014
    Well, if you ever want me to guest, I pass the age of consent.
  • edited February 2014
    Posted by Slipwater
    Me too.
  • edited February 2014
    Posted by Slipwater
    According to my twitter bio I'm 21
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Whats going on with sky channel 861 lately : Sounds like the voice of experience there, Brian. We're all good to go tomorrow for another live show (show thread coming soon). We've got a great guest (Alex Goulder) a grate analyst (as in 'really grates after a while') Tikay. Oh, and me. If on the offchance we do have problems showing poker hands, I hope you like long rambling stories about cement mixers and pylons. I'm bringing ear-plugs. Just to be on the safe side...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Long rambling stories about cement mixers with a bit of poker thrown in, a perfect evenings viewing... (must ask TK what happened to Tarvis and Arnolds who use to operate from the old grand central station in Rugby)
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Whats going on with sky channel 861 lately : Sounds like the voice of experience there, Brian. We're all good to go tomorrow for another live show (show thread coming soon). We've got a great guest (Alex Goulder) a grate analyst (as in 'really grates after a while') Tikay. Oh, and me. If on the offchance we do have problems showing poker hands, I hope you like long rambling stories about cement mixers and pylons. I'm bringing ear-plugs. Just to be on the safe side...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Did someone mention ear plugs, i always have a pair ready when playing poker,just incase that darn parrot is over my shoulder,the parrots name is husband:):):)