You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ukpc day 1s

edited February 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi guys, quick question prob a stupid question but how do i specify which day 1 i want to play when buying in via sky poker lobby?? Only asking as i havent regd for a live tournie online before and cant make it up to nottingham until the thursday (day 1 b) 

Thanks in advance

Comments

• edited February 2014
    I got an email recently to ask which day I wanted.
  • edited February 2014
    Ah right.. Cheers. Going up wednesday after work, so hopefully see you all up there.

Would it be easier just to reg when im there or do it now to guarantee my seat?
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Ukpc day 1s:
    Ah right.. Cheers. Going up wednesday after work, so hopefully see you all up there. Would it be easier just to reg when im there or do it now to guarantee my seat?
    Posted by pocket9s
    If you're buying in directly (nice to have that much money!) it shouldn't matter, with regards to it 'selling out', but you may as well do it now.
  • edited February 2014
    Yeah, wasnt 100% tho if i regd now i could turn up thursday and find i have been blinded out all day wednesday and my chips taken away!!

• edited February 2014
    i spoke to chat the other day they said just buy in and go up on the day you want to play.

Can anyone confirm this?
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Ukpc day 1s:
    Hi guys, quick question prob a stupid question but how do i specify which day 1 i want to play when buying in via sky poker lobby?? Only asking as i havent regd for a live tournie online before and cant make it up to nottingham until the thursday (day 1 b)  Thanks in advance
    Posted by pocket9s
    Hi,

Once you buy-in, you should get an e-Mail from Sky Poker as to whether you play 1a or 1b. At present, players are given a choice, though I don't know if that will continue indefinitely, as 1b is getting busy now.

Look forward to seeing you up there.

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Ukpc day 1s : Hi, Once you buy-in, you should get an e-Mail from Sky Poker as to whether you play 1a or 1b. At present, players are given a choice, though I don't know if that will continue indefinitely, as 1b is getting busy now. Look forward to seeing you up there.   
    Posted by Tikay10

Pretty much spot on, Tikay.

Once a player registers for or satellites into the UKPC Main Event, they get an email from Sky Poker to ask which day they want to play.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Ukpc day 1s : Hi, Once you buy-in, you should get an e-Mail from Sky Poker as to whether you play 1a or 1b. At present, players are given a choice, though I don't know if that will continue indefinitely, as 1b is getting busy now. Look forward to seeing you up there.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Finally qaulified last night after beginning to think I would have to miss it. I dont think I have ever been so nervous around the bubble. Only satallites can make you feel like that I think.
    I really hope they are still giving the option as due to work commitments and having to travel from Devon, day 1b is all I can play.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Ukpc day 1s : Finally qaulified last night after beginning to think I would have to miss it. I dont think I have ever been so nervous around the bubble. Only satallites can make you feel like that I think. I really hope they are still giving the option as due to work commitments and having to travel from Devon, day 1b is all I can play.
    Posted by jonjo75
    I was watching jonjo - it was a good table. Congratulations on making it :)
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Ukpc day 1s : Finally qaulified last night after beginning to think I would have to miss it. I dont think I have ever been so nervous around the bubble. Only satallites can make you feel like that I think. I really hope they are still giving the option as due to work commitments and having to travel from Devon, day 1b is all I can play.
    Posted by jonjo75
    Well done Jonjo, I was hoping you'd qualify.

Fingers crossed for you as to Day 1b, but as you have to come all the way from Devon, I'm sure they'll be understanding.

Look forward to seeing you there, please do come say hello.

Sky Poker WILL try to fit everyone into the Opening Day of their preference. The concern - growing ever greater - would be a half empty room on 1a, & having to turn "walk-ins" away on Day1b, as it is full, as I'm sure most will understand, that'd be some bad beat.

Fingers crossed all will be well though.

I look forward to seeing you there. I saw your name on another poker forum this morning, too.   

• edited February 2014
    Thanks Slipwater and Tikay.
    I'm really looking forward to playing it.
  • edited February 2014
    Thanks Slipwater and Tikay. I'm really looking forward to playing it.
    Posted by jonjo75
    Good luck sir!