You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

*** Sunday Live with Jules & Ross! ***

edited February 2014 in Poker Chat
The winter olympic sport that best describes my poker play are the moguls.  Bumpy, very bumpy with a big jump or two thrown in before I come crashing down again!

Ross is very lovely and I'm sure you will get on well.  A good icebreaker with him is asking him advice on playing a set of sixes :)

Run well everyone and have fun

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Hey guys and gals,

I'm back again for another Sunday full of Sky Poker Super Roller shenanigans! Ahh..all the S's. For any Liverpool (or Arsenal fans), you'll know why this has been a weekend of the S's ;) happy days!

Hope you've all had a good Sunday so far?! I've started mine off with a standard dirty fry up (the whole works, including fried bread), and I shall be on your screens at the usual time for the live show, and I'm pleased to say that I'll be joined by the lovely* Ross Jarvis! 

* we're yet to meet so I shall confirm on a scale of 1 - 10 later how 'lovely' he really is. 

One thing we know for sure though is that Ross will be filling your brains with his expert analysis for the full 5 hours, and here's what you can look forward to!

7pm - We kick the show off with some live Mastercash coverage and we'll preview what's coming up for the rest of the show.

8pm - Live coverage of the £20,000 Super Roller. Send in your hand requests and give us a shout if you're playing tonight!

9pm - We turn our attention to a bit of cash from our Mastercash tables.

10pm - With the Sky Poker UKPC just a couple weeks away, we'll have live coverage of tonight's UKPC Final Satellite!

11pm - We'll be finishing the show with live action from the £20,000 Super Roller.

I've also got to say, how brilliant has the Sochi Winter Olympics been so far?! This is the first time I've really got into the winter games, and I must say it has been awesome. And Team GB have a medal already, woo hoo! In case you didn't know as well, we have our very own Sky Poker Winter Games promotion running, which I'll tell you more about on the show tonight, but you can check it out here if you haven't done so already: https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/winter-games

So on that note, as always, we want your contributions to the show, and our favourite few will win themselves a seat into Tuesday's 5K Turbo Open! So tell me:

Which Winter Olympic sport best describes your poker style?

Mine would probably be 'Women's Downhill Alpine Skiing'. I always start off on a high, but then it's a quick downhill slope to failure. Pretty accurate that.

Post all your banter, questions and silliness:
    Here on the forum 
    Tweet: #skypokertv

And I'll see you beauties at 7pm!
    Jules xx

• edited February 2014
    I'd say I'm like one of the middle positions in the 4-man bob.

A big push at the start, then a long period of things going downhill being squeezed and not being able to see what's going on then finishing with anti-climactic bump indicates it's time for you to get out and walk away, but you can look forward to doing it all over again.
  • edited February 2014
    Hi guys

Dont know if your doing hand requests or not for cash tables during the cash part of the show but just incase heres one from yesterday.

The table had been playing very fishy but the guy im up against hasnt got out of line in any hand ive seen him in over the past few months.

Just wondering does Ross think i should be barreling the turn card after showing strength but meeting resistence on the flop from a tight player or just giving up like i did ?

Hand id 742448043 mastercash 27  8/2/2014

TYIA and have a great show

Kev
  • edited February 2014
    Diminuendo, if you had less then a set of 6's then I think we all know Ross's answer.
  • edited February 2014
    I suppose the winter sport that best descibes my play is the slalom.
    Racing downhill trying to dodge everthing in the hope of reaching the finishing line.
  • edited February 2014
    HEY!!!!

All this set of 6s abuse before the show even starts, sigh...

I was looking forward to the show tonight, now I'm not so sure! Anyways, it should be a good one and please keep your correspondence flying it, it's always more fun when we hear from YOU! 

See you at 7,

Ross '666' Jarvis
  • edited February 2014
    a bit contrived non?!

but as you are my favourite presenter, other than Anna of course, I'll let you off.

must be the luge

lots of anticipation
    lots of adrenaline
    woosh
    no idea what is happening but it's all going by really quick
    and
    woosh
    did I win?
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: *** Sunday Live with Jules & Ross! ***:
    HEY!!!! All this set of 6s abuse before the show even starts, sigh... I was looking forward to the show tonight, now I'm not so sure! Anyways, it should be a good one and please keep your correspondence flying it, it's always more fun when we hear from YOU!  See you at 7, Ross '666' Jarvis
    Posted by MrStarch1
    I've decided I like sixes
    won vs TT the other day - he hit his set - I hit quads
    then same night I folded in the mattbates speedy BH when a big stack vs two allins with 66
    more fool me, flop came 6x6
    #sigh
  • edited February 2014
    I suppose the winter sport that best descibes my play is the slalom. Racing downhill trying to dodge everthing in the hope of reaching the finishing line.
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    To be fair to Ross, he did bluff Ashton off a pot later on with queen high... quite masterfully, as it happens. And you have to respect the fact that he stood up from the table over two grand in profit ;)
  • edited February 2014
    The winter games sport that suits my style would be Snowboard Cross.

I prefer the STT standard format.

Both have small fields. involve a tactical battle and while it's fun to get aggro early doors and knock someone out, it really is all about crossing the line first.
  • edited February 2014
    The winter sport for me would be ski-jumping. I'm the poker equivalent of Eddie the Eagle.

Have a great show
  • edited February 2014
    Hi guys Dont know if your doing hand requests or not for cash tables during the cash part of the show but just incase heres one from yesterday. The table had been playing very fishy but the guy im up against hasnt got out of line in any hand ive seen him in over the past few months. Just wondering does Ross think i should be barreling the turn card after showing strength but meeting resistence on the flop from a tight player or just giving up like i did ? Hand id 742448043 mastercash 27  8/2/2014 TYIA and have a great show Kev
    Posted by Diminuendo
    Thanks Kev, will get this on the show and ask Ross for some feedback!

Keep those hand requests coming guys.... xx
  • edited February 2014
    HEY!!!! All this set of 6s abuse before the show even starts, sigh... I was looking forward to the show tonight, now I'm not so sure! Anyways, it should be a good one and please keep your correspondence flying it, it's always more fun when we hear from YOU!  See you at 7, Ross '666' Jarvis
    Posted by MrStarch1
    Abuse?  I called you very lovely!  I've never called a man that before!
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: *** Sunday Live with Jules & Ross! *** : To be fair to Ross, he did bluff Ashton off a pot later on with queen high... quite masterfully, as it happens. And you have to respect the fact that he stood up from the table over two grand in profit ;)
    Posted by Slipwater
    Legend. 
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: *** Sunday Live with Jules & Ross! *** : To be fair to Ross, he did bluff Ashton off a pot later on with queen high... quite masterfully, as it happens. And you have to respect the fact that he stood up from the table over two grand in profit ;)
    Posted by Slipwater

And he's off!!!
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: *** Sunday Live with Jules & Ross! *** : And he's off!!!
    Posted by YOYOY
    Just to clarify,thats aimed at you slip;)
  • edited February 2014

Forgot this. Winter Olympics/Poker...............Downhill!
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: *** Sunday Live with Jules & Ross! *** : Just to clarify,thats aimed at you slip;)
    Posted by YOYOY
    Haha - I gathered...

...I promise not to spam tonight's show ;)
  • edited February 2014
    hey guys have a great show 

i would have to say speed skiing because im the first one out the gates at 100 mph then i end up head first in the snow 

looking forward to the show 
  • edited February 2014
    Hand show as I've been on here since the start and never seen my alias on the TV

Is there anything better in poker than someone betting into you when you're sat there with the nuts?

Hand History #742857208 (01:26 09/02/2014)

Ignore this, it wasn't a TV table so don't think you would be able to. 
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: *** Sunday Live with Jules & Ross! *** : Haha - I gathered... ...I promise not to spam tonight's show ;)
    Posted by Slipwater
    First time for everything I suppose ;)
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: *** Sunday Live with Jules & Ross! *** : First time for everything I suppose ;)
    Posted by cenachav
    HEY!

I add a certain gravitas to the proceedings.
  • edited February 2014
    hello their goodluck with the show.

the event that would describe my poker best would be luge

luge is fast and about speed which is just what my betting is like and the only thing to stop me is a disaster card then i will slow right down.

you could then say why do i choose luge as skelton is also fast, but unlikte the skelton luge is done by lying on your back and that is just how i am positioned on my chair while playing.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: *** Sunday Live with Jules & Ross! *** : HEY! I add a certain gravitas to the proceedings.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Gravitas?  Is that a new brand name for spam? :)
  • edited February 2014

has  to be slalom as my chips always go down hill :)
  • edited February 2014
    Positive descriptions of my poker play........ ok I accept the challange!

My poker game is like curling as I can draw around blockers to the house
  • edited February 2014
    Just satellited in, so chuffed about that.

My poker style has to be like Curling:

Start slowly with a smooth call along the ice. Aim to hit and make sure I am in the best position.
  • edited February 2014
    Hi Jules and Ross
    The vega the better? how about Suzanne
  • edited February 2014
    lets see if you know what winter sports this is 

nordic combined

because i start off smooth calling and then i end up making my opponent jump off a cliff  

if you dont know what it means its a both 
    cross-country and skii jumping together 
  • edited February 2014
    My poker game is like the biathlon: two disparate stylings thrown into a blender.

Sometimes - like cross-country skiing - it's slow and ponderous, as I find myself without any useful cards or a good position to use the ones I have; but then, once I find the ammunition I need - like the rifle shooting - I stop, take aim, and fire upon my opponents with precision, poise, and power*

:)

* may not be true.