You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Low Stake PLO DYM Blog

edited February 2014 in Poker Chat
Sorry to say but your at nothing with that rake mate. Good luck anyhow!

Ger 

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Apologies if wrong area to post....

Last night (09/02/2014) I cashed out leaving just a 1.98 BR and 78 Sky points (hope to carry over £1+ end of month)

Had something I wanted to buy so thought what better way to use poker winnings.

The aim of leaving some behind is to spin it upto £52 just playing 0.50+0.10 PLO DYM - figure they offer the least variance. Then Cash out the £50 & start again - putting that £50 towards something or as a save for something.

So.... not hugely ambitious but then I am just a recreational player - worst case scenario is I lose 3 DYM in a row and it will be a very short blog ;)

Will keep the post updated and I'll try not to badbeat tilt and hit the NL holdem low stake HU SNG's which cough cough I may have done in the past...

Start 10/02/2014

February - (Day 2) 8 wins & 5 losses (points 91) BR:£0.28 - Challenge ended :( conclusioon in post below...

Rollercoaster first session - had to play a 50p + 5p NL HU as dropped below 60p lol - nearly a disaster!
    2nd session - flogging a dead horse (not running well or maybes my mind set is different)

Updated 12/02/2014
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Low Stake PLO DYM Blog:
    Sorry to say but your at nothing with that rake mate. Good luck anyhow! Ger 
    Posted by gerardirl

It's a grind but I find them profitable
  • edited February 2014
    Epic fail....

Just ran the worst -

Last hand was 4 handed 3 played - i flopped middle set (QQQ) and a queen high 2nd nut flush draw - I was middle position (BB) I think. I bet and one folded but one called

Turn was Jack of spades so get the 2nd nut flush with FH & Quad draw - all in ensued.

Guy had the nut flush king high :(

what made it really funny was the guy ran like god spinning up from just 150 chips left 4 hands earlier blinds 150/300.

Feeling a little hard done by from how many times been drawn out on - edit* but thats poker :)
  • edited February 2014
    No doubt your results are excellent and if you keep playing the same way your win ratio will continue into 2.25 and 3 pounders and your profit will improve simply due to paying less rake. Obviously it about playing what your comfortable with but you need to consider the % rake your paying shich is crazy imo. 

Now let me set you a challenge, try 5, 2.25 pounders and let me know how you get on.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Low Stake PLO DYM Blog:
    Epic fail.... Just ran the worst - Last hand was 4 handed 3 played - i flopped middle set (QQQ) and a queen high 2nd nut flush draw as was in the middle. I bet and one folded but one called River was Jack of spades so get the 2nd nut flush with FH & Quad draw - all in ensued. Guy had the nut flush king high :( what made it really funny was the guy ran like god spinning up from just 150 chips left 6 hands earlier. Feeling a little hard done by from how many times been drawn out on
    Posted by WAOOGA
    Unlucky there Mr Waooga, but no matter how good you are, you'll suffer these little setbacks & occasionally lose 4 or 5 in a row, it's the nature of the beast.

Keep trying, & doing the right things, & you'll be just fine in the long-term.

If you have any questions about SNG strategy generally, or want to discuss a particular situation or hand, there is now a SNG Strategy Board, which is HERE

• edited February 2014
    Thanks guys for the comments and feedback, much appreciated.

I know long term I'm profitable - The conclusion, which I know is nothing new - is that BR management is key. Cashing out and leaving only 3 buyins opens you up to the bad side of variance.

Trying to spinup is abit of fun but not relaible for longterm profitablility.

Re-depositing some of those earlier winnings with a more responsible BR :) well.... I aint going to let those 91p worth of poker points go at the end of the month ;)

And I'll consider BR to get away from the 20% rake SNG's at somepoint - I checked your stats Ger (sorry I'm nosey) and my chart curve is similar but you have a fair few more zeros on the amounts of winnings!

Best Wishes

• edited February 2014
    Yes I dont recall playing you but would very mcuh like to some day. You obviously have an excellent understanding of how to play dym omaha.

Good luck at the tables
    Ger