You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UFC/MMA

edited April 2014 in Betting Chat
does anybody follow/bet on the UFC or any other martial arts? i am a massive UFC fan and i have a bet on if theres a big card on. ive had a few good winners. basically just wondering if anyone else was into this sort of thing as theres nothing else on the forum like this.

plus its the first discussion in general sport! had to get it in there!

Comments

• edited February 2014
    In Response to UFC/MMA:
    does anybody follow/bet on the UFC or any other martial arts? i am a massive UFC fan and i have a bet on if theres a big card on. ive had a few good winners. basically just wondering if anyone else was into this sort of thing as theres nothing else on the forum like this. plus its the first discussion in general sport! had to get it in there!
    Posted by phenom222
    yeah i do mate, love it, really sick of clueless/corrupt judges costing me money lately though to be honest so im gonna leave of the bets for a while i think. only good thing about bad judging lately for me was george st pierres last fight, i lumped £300 on st pierre to win and in my opinion johnny hendricks clearly got robbed and was the better man that night. ( RELIEVED THOUGH TO SAY THE LEAST. )
  • edited February 2014
    Hi guys, 

Good start to the General Sports thread!

I'm not into UFC at all but I want to be! Do you guys know the best place to watch the big fights and when?

Are there any good websites I could use to up my knowledge too?

Cheers.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: UFC/MMA:
    Hi guys,  Good start to the General Sports thread! I'm not into UFC at all but I want to be! Do you guys know the best place to watch the big fights and when? Are there any good websites I could use to up my knowledge too? Cheers.
    Posted by Sky_Jordan

the big fights are all shown on bt sport, wouldnt know about online but you will find out all you need to know from youtube!!!
  • edited February 2014
    BT Sport. I think its such a good channel considering you get average 2 PPV cards per month which are $55 in america to order. and its all free with BT Internet! i lovve it. get a fair bit of football aswell. I have been into UFC for about 10 years and its getting bigger and bigger every day. So Jordan you wont find it hard to learn everything you need to know ionline there is so much out there now.

I cant believe you bet on st pierre to win! Hendricks is unreal. and yeah he got robbed. he beat GSP so badly he retired! I wouldnt bet on that it was just too close IMO. I bet alot on the undercards because you tend to get alot of the unknown up and coming fighters trying to make a name and if you know anything about their background etc it can be quite profitable to bet on.

download the 'mma underground' app for all the latest news and results. its also got loads of videos and photo galleries from past events. great app.

and ROCK.... dont get me started on some of the judging recently!!!
  • edited February 2014
    BT Sport. I think its such a good channel considering you get average 2 PPV cards per month which are $55 in america to order. and its all free with BT Internet! i lovve it. get a fair bit of football aswell. I have been into UFC for about 10 years and its getting bigger and bigger every day. So Jordan you wont find it hard to learn everything you need to know ionline there is so much out there now. I cant believe you bet on st pierre to win! Hendricks is unreal. and yeah he got robbed. he beat GSP so badly he retired! I wouldnt bet on that it was just too close IMO. I bet alot on the undercards because you tend to get alot of the unknown up and coming fighters trying to make a name and if you know anything about their background etc it can be quite profitable to bet on. download the 'mma underground' app for all the latest news and results. its also got loads of videos and photo galleries from past events. great app. and ROCK.... dont get me started on some of the judging recently!!!
    Posted by phenom222
    That's great, thanks guys! I'll have a youtube marathon then look at getting on to the dark side and buying...BT Sport! (Booo!)

Thanks again.
  • edited February 2014
    said id never back again after the bad judging i keep witnessing but cant resist a little flutter.

£20.00 accumulator @ 9/1

albert tumenov
    yuri alcantara
    francisco trinaldo
    joe proctor
    charles oliviera
    ronaldo souza
    llyoto machida

• edited February 2014
    said id never back again after the bad judging i keep witnessing but cant resist a little flutter. £20.00 accumulator @ 9/1 albert tumenov yuri alcantara francisco trinaldo joe proctor charles oliviera ronaldo souza llyoto machida
    Posted by THEROCK573
    very unlucky! 1 loser! better luck next time
  • edited February 2014
    ReceiptO/11420690/0002605
    Bet placed at23/02/2014 03:46
    Bet TypeTreble(s)
    Bet ChannelInternet
    Number of lines1
    Stake per line£50.00
    Total stake£50.00
    SettledY
    Number of win lines1
    Number of void lines0
    Returns£221.48
    Refunds£0.00

https://st1.skybet.com/bet/img/accounts/bg_datahd.png'); background-color: #ffffff; border-top-width: 2px; border-right-width: 2px; border-left-width: 2px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: #d6d6df; border-right-color: #d6d6df; border-left-color: #d6d6df; text-align: left; width: auto; margin: 0px !important; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif !important; border-bottom-width: 0px !important; background-position: 0% 0%; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat">Selection Details
    Class/SportEvent TypeEventMarketDateSelectionNotes
    MMA/UFCUFC 170: Rousey vs. McMannDemian Maia vs Rory MacdonaldFight Outcome23/02/2014 04:00Rory Macdonald Points (Win) @ evens
    MMA/UFCUFC 170: Rousey vs. McMannDaniel Cormier vs Patrick CumminsFight Outcome23/02/2014 04:30Daniel Cormier to win in Rnds 1-3 (Win) @ 8/15
    MMA/UFCUFC 170: Rousey vs. McMannRonda Rousey vs Sara McMannFight Outcome23/02/2014 04:55Ronda Rousey to win in Rnds 1-5 (Win) @ 4/9
  • edited February 2014
    Receipt O/11420690/0002605 Bet placed at 23/02/2014 03:46 Bet Type Treble(s) Bet Channel Internet Number of lines 1 Stake per line £50.00 Total stake £50.00 Settled Y Number of win lines 1 Number of void lines 0 Returns £221.48 Refunds £0.00 https://st1.skybet.com/bet/img/accounts/bg_datahd.png '); background-color: #ffffff; border-top-width: 2px; border-right-width: 2px; border-left-width: 2px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: #d6d6df; border-right-color: #d6d6df; border-left-color: #d6d6df; text-align: left; width: auto; margin: 0px !important; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif !important; border-bottom-width: 0px !important; background-position: 0% 0%; background-repeat: repeat no-repeat">Selection Details Class/Sport Event Type Event Market Date Selection Notes MMA/UFC UFC 170: Rousey vs. McMann Demian Maia vs Rory Macdonald Fight Outcome 23/02/2014 04:00 Rory Macdonald Points ( Win ) @ evens MMA/UFC UFC 170: Rousey vs. McMann Daniel Cormier vs Patrick Cummins Fight Outcome 23/02/2014 04:30 Daniel Cormier to win in Rnds 1-3 ( Win ) @ 8/15 MMA/UFC UFC 170: Rousey vs. McMann Ronda Rousey vs Sara McMann Fight Outcome 23/02/2014 04:55 Ronda Rousey to win in Rnds 1-5 ( Win ) @ 4/9
    Posted by THEROCK573

pretty good nights action, mcdonald to win on points, daniel cormier to win inside 3 and ronda rousey to win inside 5 was my bet, pretty easy money for a change. good nights action although not sure about the stoppage in the rousey fight. still happy tho :-)

• edited February 2014
  • edited March 2014
    acca for tonight mixed with a couple of boxing bouts

£20.27
    1. Carlos Molina v Jermall Charlo Jermall Charlo @ 1/2
    2. Leo Santa Cruz v Cristian Mijares Leo Santa Cruz @ 1/14
    3. Jorge Linares v Nihito Arakawa Jorge Linares @ 1/8
    4. Saul Alvarez v Alfredo Angulo Saul Alvarez in Rnds 1-12 (any method) @ 8/15
    5. Alexander Gustafsson vs Jimi Manuwa Alexander Gustafsson to win in Rnds 1-5 @ 8/15
    6. Michael Johnson vs Melvin Guillard Michael Johnson @ 8/11
    7. Brad Pickett vs Neil Seery Brad Pickett @ 1/7
    8. Gunnar Nelson vs Omari Akhmedov Gunnar Nelson @ 3/10
    9. Luke Barnatt vs Mats Nilsson Luke Barnatt @ 1/3
    10. Brad Scott vs Claudio Henrique Da Silva Brad Scott @ 8/15
  • edited March 2014
    BET WENT DOWN EARLY SO HAD A TILT £60 ON THE 4 TELEVISED FAVS :-)
    Receipt O/11420690/0002673
    Bet placed at 08/03/2014 19:52
    Bet Type 4 Fold Accumulator(s)
    Bet Channel Internet
    Number of lines 1
    Stake per line £60.00
    Total stake £60.00
    Settled Y
    Number of win lines 1
    Number of void lines 0
    Returns £188.19
    Refunds £0.00

Selection Details
    Class/Sport Event Type Event Market Date Selection Notes
    MMA/UFC UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa Gunnar Nelson vs Omari Akhmedov Fight Outright 08/03/2014 20:13 Gunnar Nelson (Win) @ 3/10
    MMA/UFC UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa Brad Pickett vs Neil Seery Fight Outright 08/03/2014 20:30 Brad Pickett (Win) @ 1/7
    MMA/UFC UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa Michael Johnson vs Melvin Guillard Fight Outright 08/03/2014 21:10 Michael Johnson (Win) @ 8/11
    MMA/UFC UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa Alexander Gustafsson vs Jimi Manuwa Fight Outright 08/03/2014 21:45 Alexander Gustafsson (Win) @ 2/9
    Back to My Account
  • edited March 2014
    couple of boxing bouts in with tonights selctions, good ufc card tonight cant wait!!!

£68.00
    1. Deontay Wilder v Malik ScottUnder 7 Rnds @ 4/7
    2. Kell Brook v Alvaro RoblesUnder 7 Rnds @ 4/6
    3. Carlos Condit vs Tyron WoodleyCarlos Condit @ 8/15
    4. Nikita Krylov vs Ovince ST. PreuxOvince ST. Preux @ 1/4
    5. Alex Garcia vs Sean SpencerAlex Garcia @ 1/4
    6. Johny Hendricks vs Robbie LawlerJohny Hendricks @ 1/3
    7. Diego Sanchez vs Myles JuryMyles Jury @ 4/7
  • edited March 2014
    couple of boxing bouts in with tonights selctions, good ufc card tonight cant wait!!! £68.00 Deontay Wilder v Malik Scott Under 7 Rnds @ 4/7 Kell Brook v Alvaro Robles Under 7 Rnds @ 4/6 Carlos Condit vs Tyron Woodley Carlos Condit @ 8/15 Nikita Krylov vs Ovince ST. Preux Ovince ST. Preux @ 1/4 Alex Garcia vs Sean Spencer Alex Garcia @ 1/4 Johny Hendricks vs Robbie Lawler Johny Hendricks @ 1/3 Diego Sanchez vs Myles Jury Myles Jury @ 4/7
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Decent looking accum you got there mate. Cant argue with it really, However Hendricks not making weight first time yesterday is swaying me a little towards Lawler in the later rounds. Henricks needs to KO Lawler early on otherwise i can see him getting tired and Lawler taking advantage.

I cant wait for the fights... will be watching at some point tomorrow morning... cant keep my eyes open now lol
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: UFC/MMA : Decent looking accum you got there mate. Cant argue with it really, However Hendricks not making weight first time yesterday is swaying me a little towards Lawler in the later rounds. Henricks needs to KO Lawler early on otherwise i can see him getting tired and Lawler taking advantage. I cant wait for the fights... will be watching at some point tomorrow morning... cant keep my eyes open now lol
    Posted by Mikeycb
     i think hendricks is on a different level to lawler though, when you take gsp the distance and outfight him in every department and only get beat by a robbery then you have a special fighter on ur hands.
  • edited March 2014
    oh yeah totally agree he was the uncrowned champion, so pleased for him finally getting what he deserved.

Gutted for Carlos though done his knee pretty bad
  • edited March 2014
    oh yeah totally agree he was the uncrowned champion, so pleased for him finally getting what he deserved. Gutted for Carlos though done his knee pretty bad
    Posted by Mikeycb
    yeah carlos was getting whooped though so no complaints, what a main event though. toe toe for 5 rounds!!!
  • edited March 2014
    any views on the shogun v henderson fight sat, henderson already has a victory over shogun via unanimous decison in the past yet shogun is 2/5 fav, henderson looks like the value bet to me at 2/1. any thoughts fellow ufc fans?
  • edited March 2014
    got to go hendo. shogun is good yeah but way too inconsistent and hendo is tough as nails. hendo will be constantly pushing forward and i think it will be too much for an aging, past his best, shogun.
  • edited March 2014
    got to go hendo. shogun is good yeah but way too inconsistent and hendo is tough as nails. hendo will be constantly pushing forward and i think it will be too much for an aging, past his best, shogun.
    Posted by phenom222
    agreed.
  • edited April 2014
    £80.00
    1. Michael Bisping vs Tim Kennedy Michael Bisping Points @ 13/8

would have liked to see bisping tko this pr*** tonight but credit were its due kennedy is a tough man and i cant see a stoppage.

• edited April 2014
    £80.00 Michael Bisping vs Tim Kennedy Michael Bisping Points @ 13/8 would have liked to see bisping tko this pr*** tonight but credit were its due kennedy is a tough man and i cant see a stoppage.
    Posted by THEROCK573

hmmmm............. good luck