You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ABC players - which games?

edited February 2014 in Poker Chat

Interesting area to vote on and discuss...

In your opinion, which format of play has the most 'ABC' (standard / predictable) players on Sky Poker?

Comments

• edited February 2014

Interesting votes there!

Be good to see why people voted as they did.

• edited February 2014
    Just voted for Sit and Go's, and DYM's to be more specific. 

The reason for this is simply because thats probably the best way to play them. Personally I think not playing ABC in DYM's (and regular sit and go's), will usually result in worse results compared to not playing ABC in tourneys and cash.
  • edited February 2014
    Defo cash for me as i play day in day out and a few different levels and there is many players who play ABC poker as thats where the money is in cash.

Also if your playing a numerous amount of tables you cant play to loose or itl cost you dearly over that amount.

Can say dyms are always played ABC from the start until you have to adapt to the blind changes then loosen up a bit but id say the majorty id defo at cash.
  • edited February 2014
    Voted sng's too, again I'd say specifically DYM's where play is pretty much formulaic by anyone who knows what they're doing.

Cash again, there is a lot of ABC play from regs who are multitabling but you probably get more punters in these games who are less predictable.

Tournaments, definitely the least ABC, the bad players are massively unpredictable and so are the good players so you tend to find a lower percentage of solid ABC players in the middle ground.  This does change more as you go up the stakes as the percentage of really bad players (and I apologise for using that description but can't think of a better on right now) decreases so you will see more ABC play in these, but from my experience this is only really the case in £30.00 and above games.
  • edited February 2014
    Voted SNG's purely because its the quickest form to get to a push/fold situation where in theory we use ranges/charts/coinflips (in my case!) to decide our fate.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC players - which games?:
    Tournaments, definitely the least ABC, the bad players are massively unpredictable and so are the good players so you tend to find a lower percentage of solid ABC players in the middle ground.  This does change more as you go up the stakes as the percentage of really bad players (and I apologise for using that description but can't think of a better on right now) decreases so you will see more ABC play in these, but from my experience this is only really the case in £30.00 and above games.
    Posted by Slykllist
    Definately agree with this, mtts definately have the lowest amount of ABC players. 

Actually may have changed my mind to thinking cash has more ABC now, as higher % of mass multitablers, and there are alot of situations in DYMs that aren't so ABC, on the bubble etc
  • edited February 2014
    Don't know between sngs ie dyms on sky and cash
    just not mtts

sure you can win mtts playing ABC but not often enough to make it very profitable
    whereas I get the feeling that is more the norm for dym and cash grinders where ABC can lead to long term success
    or so I've heard
  • edited February 2014
    I dont know if you can count DYM's as the most ABC because often you have to make plays that are losing plays in their own right but due to the dynamics at the table are profitable. I.e. folding big hands due to presence of micro stack etc. In a similar way I'm not sure you can call satelites ABC.

DYMs are definitely the most robotic and play is very ABC early on just dont know if they are truly ABC especially when it gets to bubble time. Suppose it depends on your definition of ABC really.
  • edited February 2014

Cash has a much higher % of abc players at all levels compared to the other 2 formats.

MTTs are the softest games on the site by far at all levels, so they'll have the fewest abc players.

From my experience of sit n gos they're quite a lot softer than cash again, so they'll be inbetween the 2 but still quite far ahead of mtts in terms of the skill level of the playerpool. 

So, CASH!

• edited February 2014
    Cash has a much higher % of abc players at all levels compared to the other 2 formats. MTTs are the softest games on the site by far at all levels, so they'll have the fewest abc players. From my experience of sit n gos they're quite a lot softer than cash again, so they'll be inbetween the 2 but still quite far ahead of mtts in terms of the skill level of the playerpool.  So, CASH!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    so ABC implies not soft?
    interesting implications of skill level and abc-ness
    not sure i'd agree that abc means skilful!
    anyone can learn to be ABC - by definition
    not everyone can be skillful
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ABC players - which games? : so ABC implies not soft? interesting implications of skill level and abc-ness not sure i'd agree that abc means skilful!
    Posted by GELDY
    Maybe not skill, but it does indicate a certain level of knowledge and ability, for me skill is what separates the really good players from these players.  Well apart from in MattBates case, obviously that's all luck!
  • edited February 2014
    I'd say cash. Yes abc is the best way to play dyms but that doesnt mean it is the way most play it.