You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Unable to use VPN

I am very concerned about the fact that Sky Poker does not allow you to play if you are using a VPN server. Internet security in this day and age especially is quintessiential and I am shocked that I cannot play whilst taking such precautions. I would like a full explanation as to why Sky needs to be able to confirm my IP address in order for me to be able to play a game in which I am paying to participate, I will be most appauled if the reason is because of 'location confirmation' as I think this is terrible grounds to discriminate upon, when the site/game itself is not situated anywhere other than the internet and all countries should have equal rights to be able to access and to play. Not only have i failed to find anything in the terms and conditions which states that you cannot use a VPN (correct me if I'm wrong) but also the fact that you can access the website using a VPN, deposit funds, and even sign up and pay for tournaments, only to find out that tables cannot be launched. I imagine you can see the flaw here, as a lot of inexperienced users would not be able to locate the help desk and would not have the confidence to ask for a refund after the site fails to meet user requirements.

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Surely "most inexperienced users" would not even known what a VPN is?

I've been on the internet for nearly 20 years and never found the need for one. I think in most instances they're used to get around national and international laws.