You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

straight vs set every time (worried about second nuts)

5 times in the last 2 days I have had a set beaten by a str8. It's getting to the point that I'm worried about having the second nuts because everytime someone has the nuts. WTF is going on?

Might be time for another break if this carries on because it's really getting on my wick now. The computer is getting ready to be thrown out of the window

I even posted a hand where I flopped a str8 and someone flopped a bigger str8. I mean really?

Salazar

Comments

• edited February 2014
    In Response to straight vs set every time (worried about second nuts):
    5 times in the last 2 days I have had a set beaten by a str8. It's getting to the point that I'm worried about having the second nuts because everytime someone has the nuts. WTF is going on? Might be time for another break if this carries on because it's really getting on my wick now. The computer is getting ready to be thrown out of the window I even posted a hand where I flopped a str8 and someone flopped a bigger str8. I mean really? Salazar
    Posted by salazar
    Yes, really. These things happen, it's called poker. If you're gonna have a break every time variance isn't kind to you, you will be taking many, many breaks I'm afraid.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: straight vs set every time (worried about second nuts):
    In Response to straight vs set every time (worried about second nuts) : Yes, really. These things happen, it's called poker. If you're gonna have a break every time variance isn't kind to you, you will be taking many, many breaks I'm afraid.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

I've played poker for 10 yrs, I'm used to getting bad beats, this isn't like anything I've had before. I've lost every single hand where I have flopped a set or turned a set in the last 2-3 days. 
    When I hit a str8, someone has a bigger straight or hits a flush by the end. I just can't seem to win a hand no matter what I have got. Like I said, even the second nuts is no good, I've just flopped the nuts in a MTT 5 minutes ago (straight) and that was beaten by the end when someone rivered the then nuts. 

How the fcuk can you win when even when you flop the nuts you're still getting beat?

P.S - You've just commented on a hand of mine in the MTT section where I rivered a backdoor flush and my opponent rivered a bigger back door flush and that is about as good as it has got in the last 3-4 days.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: straight vs set every time (worried about second nuts) : I've played poker for 10 yrs, I'm used to getting bad beats, this isn't like anything I've had before. I've lost every single hand where I have flopped a set or turned a set in the last 2-3 days.  When I hit a str8, someone has a bigger straight or hits a flush by the end. I just can't seem to win a hand no matter what I have got. Like I said, even the second nuts is no good, I've just flopped the nuts in a MTT 5 minutes ago (straight) and that was beaten by the end when someone rivered the then nuts.  How the fcuk can you win when even when you flop the nuts you're still getting beat? P.S - You've just commented on a hand of mine in the MTT section where I rivered a backdoor flush and my opponent rivered a bigger back door flush and that is about as good as it has got in the last 3-4 days.
    Posted by salazar
    So you've had 48-72 hours of extreme run bad, in 10 years of playing?

If you're constantly getting your chips in with the nuts and getting outdrawn, it's just an unfortunate period of luck. With 10 years experience, I'm surprised you've not had similar periods before. 
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: straight vs set every time (worried about second nuts) : So you've had 48-72 hours of extreme run bad, in 10 years of playing? If you're constantly getting your chips in with the nuts and getting outdrawn, it's just an unfortunate period of luck. With 10 years experience, I'm surprised you've not had similar periods before. 
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Oh I've had days of bad luck but I'll usually win one or two hands in amongst a horrible session. This has been a 4 day session like no other. No hand is safe, I feel like if I flopped quads someone would hit a str8 flush on me. 

Don't get confused about a bad session that leaves you a few buy ins down and the run I've had

A few days off I think, no point in playing at the moment with this state of mind. I feel like I'm just going from one horrible beat to the next