You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Check Fold

edited February 2014 in Poker Chat
Should we have a second chance when we press fold button instead of checking ? I sometimes fold deliberately and its annoying plus you dont get a 2nd chance in live poker if you fold by mistake.

Comments

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Check Fold:
    Should we have a second chance when we press fold button instead of checking ? I sometimes fold deliberately and its annoying plus you dont get a 2nd chance in live poker if you fold by mistake.
    Posted by JPW33
    You do.
  • edited February 2014
    Why would you fold instead of checking?  I've had occassions when I'm heads up in a pot and playing the board by the river and my oppo has open mucked their cards.
  • edited February 2014
    I really hate it when someone folds when they could check. All you are doing is giving an advantage to some players in the hand and putting others at a disadvantage. Just check.
  • edited February 2014
    There was a seperate post asking for reasons why you would deliberately fold and Im sure several reasons came up. For me I deliberately fold when my phone rings and I know I have almost zero chance of winning unless I go for huge bluff. I also think it makes other people think you dont know what you are doing ?? (probably correct in my case lol)
    As for live play, and I dont play much Ive always thought that once decidion had been declared there was no going back ?? As you could say fold to get someone elses reaction ?
  • edited February 2014
    So jonjo if by folding you might be making a disadvantage or advantage to players, how would I know Im doing this ? and if it upsets you then maybe thats a weakness in your game which I could exploit :D The option is there to fold so there must be reasons for it. 
  • edited February 2014
    See Poker Clinic "probably a daft question ? for more reasons why people fold instead of checking.
  • edited February 2014

In many "Live" poker cardrooms, you are not permitted to fold UNLESS an aggressive action has taken place in front of you. If it is checked to you, you must not Fold.

This is especially so in some Dealers Choice Cash games, where we have "Up" cards, as it gives an advantage to players yet to act, & disadvantages those who may have checked in front. In some cases, (in Live DC cash games) your mucked cards go back into the re-shuffled deck, too.

I have no idea what the Online etiquette is. The software allows you to do it, so I assume it is just fine. 

I don't like to see it done though, but I'm not really sure why, it just feels wrong.  

• edited February 2014
    Thanks for your reply TK much appreciated.
  • edited February 2014
    ive played some  opponents in HUSNG's who will open fold on the flop or turn when they could check.

just played someone who open folded from the BB whenever an ace flopped.

my guess is he knows that he is both going to be bet into and that he is going to fold so he open folds as if to say 'nerrr, you're not bluffing me...'

very strange.
  • edited February 2014
    Yes Teddy there are loads of unusual reasons coming across for folding but that is a strange one.