You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

On this flop is it just a jam?

edited February 2014 in The Poker Clinic
I hadnt been at the table long and i think this was only the 3rd hand. Once I hit this flop is it a case of trying to get it all in with good equity or call and see what comes down. Due to bet sizing I am putting the original rasier on a big pp so with that in mind I know I am pretty much behind at this point so if I shove I know I have to hit.

To me when I hit a flop like this with Q10 suited I want to get it all in on the flop with so many outs but would like to know if the thought process is flawed. 

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceV2Small blind £0.02£0.02£3.35V3Big blind £0.04£0.06£4.97 Your hole cardsQ10   V1Raise £0.16£0.22£3.78derby546Fold    dabossmanCall £0.16£0.38£3.84V2Call £0.14£0.52£3.21V3Call £0.12£0.64£4.85Flop  9J4   V2Check    V3Check    V1Bet £0.64£1.28£3.14dabossmanCall

Comments

• edited February 2014
    We could just jam, we could just raise/call it off. As long as we get our money in on this flop it's all gravy!
  • edited February 2014
    Well, firstly I'd say ranging someone based on their bet raise is dodgy unless you have seen him do it, and if he is sthat stupid to change his bet size preflop based on his hand strength he really is highly likely to dump off his whole stack quite easy when he has overcards to the board.

So on that basis I reraise the flop rather than call and be happy to get it all in if he shoves. You are favourite against QQ and AA and only very slightly behind KK in equity. So definately a flop to be happy to get all the money in. You are of course 40% underdog to AhKh or a set, but still all told getting it in is fine and dandy.