You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker TV LIVE TONIGHT! 7pm-midnight with Rich and Stu

edited February 2014 in Poker Chat
spot the c+p errors

Comments

• edited February 2014

It's the last live show before the UKPC. And...

IT'S SUPER ROLLER SUNDAY!

Plenty of reasons then to be playing AND watching tonight, by hitting the TV stream on the homepage or setting your Sky Box to Channel 861, from 7 till midnight. 

On our last live show before we take a week long break, we have this beauty for you:

7pm – 8pm – Tonight On Sky Poker

Live coverage from the Mastercash tables

8pm-9pm – Super Roller Sunday

Live coverage from the main event: the £20K Super Roller

9pm – 10pm – Master Cash

Live action from the Master Cash tables

9pm – 10pm – Master Cash

Live action from the Master Cash tables

10pm – 11pm – UKPC final coverage

Tourney starts at 9.15pm- your last chance to qualify for the UKPC!

11pm – Midnight – Late-night main event

Live coverage from the £20K Super Roller

Your hosting line-up is Richard Orford and Stuart "I can't believe it's not" Rutter

Let's do a quick internet trawl for embarrassing photos...

Circa 1995- What was I wearing? Not just the suit...but the hair?

Sadly circa 2013: What the heck is that on Stu's head? His gran's bloomers? 

All banter, questions, hand requests gratefully received and read out on the show, so , you know the drill...either on this thread, via email skyopen@bskyb.com or via Twitter #skypoker

And tonight I want you to... 

EXPLAIN POKER IN A WAY A LAYMAN WOULD UNDERSTAND

For a bit of fun- can you explain a concept or term in poker to someone who doesn't have a clue about the game, in a way they'd understand using everyday examples from life?

For example-

LIMPING IN: a bit like when you go to a so-so sounding party. You not really bothered about going and make minimal effort to get ready, but you're going in case it turns out to be really good. If it's rubbish, you're happy to go home early.

3-BET: when one of your mates tells you he's going on a caravanning holiday in Prestatyn, you then 'raise' by announcing you're off for a week in Majorca and then your mate 're-raises' by dropping in he's also going to for an all-inclusive break at a five-star hotel in the Seychelles.

There's loads and loads you can have a go at. The funnier, more random, or cleverer the better! Who knows, we might help newbies to understand the game more!

We have some Tuesday main event Turbo Open seats to give away to the best message contributions tonight- so get writing to get your effort read out on the box and for a chance at the extra value in Tuesday's game!

Really looking forward to your answers on this one! Could be a classic!
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV LIVE TONIGHT! 7pm-midnight with Rich and Stu:
    spot the c+p errors
    Posted by SoLack
    Good spot Solly, the man's a disgrace. Not been the same since he lumped all that weight on.

"....8pm-9pm – Turbo Tuesday

Live coverage from the main event: the £20K Super Roller...."

• edited February 2014

Rich

Great idea this explain poker thread, so

HAVING THE NUTS - You are going to a school reunion party. Loads of people you haven't seen for 25 years will be there with there wives and partners. You are taking Scarlett Johannsen

HAVING THE UNBREAKABLE NUTS - You are taking Scarlett Johannsen and Angelina Jolie

OUT OF POSITION - So, you get to this party and Angelina and Scarlett havent shown up. Never mind. You are sure you will pull while you are there when someone you recognise from your past walks by. Unfortunately, you end u stood by The Gents.

HAVING AN OPEN ENDED STRAIGHT DRAW - You end up stood between the Gents and the Ladies and you remember you are Bi Sexual.

Hava good nite!
  • edited February 2014
    have a good show guys 

bluffing: you and your partner go shopping together she ends you dragging you 
    in every shop in town finally before your about to leave you both to in this that sells
    mens shirts she picks out this multie couloured shirt out for and asks you do you like 
    it you says yeah so you dont hurt her feelings then you both leave a few days later 
    your getting ready to go to a party together she comes in the room with this bag and gives it 
    you and its that same shirt (face would is worth millions) you smile (fake) she wants you to wear it 
    at this party so you sadly agree you leave in the shirt and you get embarrassed people take the mick 

so never bluff unless you know your oppenant because it can get you 
    into a hell of a lot of trouble and you can get into some sticky situations 

3-bet: you and your wife have give the kids some money to go get chippy there friends 
    mum have done the same with there kids one says they have been sent to get kfc so he 
    starts going to kfc and he bumps into there other mate and his mates mum has give him (rich)
    some money to go get nandos 

so yeah if you a girl and want to be taken to a nice place on a date 
    never date adnan januzaj because he would take you to nandos and 
    buy you a 5 pound meal 

not that good but i tryed to take a dig at him becuase i cant fault him on the pitch 
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV LIVE TONIGHT! 7pm-midnight with Rich and Stu : Good spot Solly, the man's a disgrace. Not been the same since he lumped all that weight on. "....8pm-9pm – Turbo Tuesday Live coverage from the main event: the £20K Super Roller...."
    Posted by Tikay10
    Jeez, never mind the fact that I've produced a magnus opus this week. Let's all concentrate on the one typo...

No pleasing some people!

By the way, the show topic is a classic. Even if I do say so myself. Stick that in your 'c & p' pipe and smoke it! ;-)
  • edited February 2014
    Rich Great idea this explain poker thread, so HAVING THE NUTS - You are going to a school reunion party. Loads of people you haven't seen for 25 years will be there with there wives and partners. You are taking Scarlett Johannsen HAVING THE UNBREAKABLE NUTS - You are taking Scarlett Johannsen and Angelina Jolie OUT OF POSITION - So, you get to this party and Angelina and Scarlett havent shown up. Never mind. You are sure you will pull while you are there when someone you recognise from your past walks by. Unfortunately, you end u stood by The Gents. HAVING AN OPEN ENDED STRAIGHT DRAW - You end up stood between the Gents and the Ladies and you remember you are Bi Sexual. Hava good nite!
    Posted by memfno

Awesome, memfno. Eactly the sort of thing I was hoping for. Probably won't be reading out the last one though!  10/10
  • edited February 2014
    Rich Great idea this explain poker thread
    Posted by memfno
    Tikay and Solly- see above.

That is all.
  • edited February 2014
    have a good show guys  bluffing: you and your partner go shopping together she ends you dragging you  in every shop in town finally before your about to leave you both to in this that sells mens shirts she picks out this multie couloured shirt out for and asks you do you like  it you says yeah so you dont hurt her feelings then you both leave a few days later  your getting ready to go to a party together she comes in the room with this bag and gives it  you and its that same shirt (face would is worth millions) you smile (fake) she wants you to wear it  at this party so you sadly agree you leave in the shirt and you get embarrassed people take the mick  so never bluff unless you know your oppenant because it can get you  into a hell of a lot of trouble and you can get into some sticky situations  3-bet: you and your wife have give the kids some money to go get chippy there friends  mum have done the same with there kids one says they have been sent to get kfc so he  starts going to kfc and he bumps into there other mate and his mates mum has give him (rich) some money to go get nandos  so yeah if you a girl and want to be taken to a nice place on a date  never date adnan januzaj because he would take you to nandos and  buy you a 5 pound meal  not that good but i tryed to take a dig at him becuase i cant fault him on the pitch 
    Posted by keithdaly
    Ditto, Keith. Very good.

More from everyone else please!
  • edited February 2014
    was only trying to help!!  I won't bother pointing out that you still haven't corrected the 11:00 slot.  Less haste at going on the defensive and more attention to detail please!
  • edited February 2014
    was only trying to help!!  I won't bother pointing out that you still haven't corrected the 11:00 slot.  Less haste at going on the defensive and more attention to detail please!
    Posted by SoLack
    Lol- yeah, just spoted that. Cheers Solly!
  • edited February 2014
    I managed to sat into the Super Roller for £12. Tough sat and ended up qualifying alongside MattBates. He really is good when you see his play up close. I'm looking forward to the tourney and lets hope I play well and get some luck along the way. Have a great show and all the best for the UKPC next week. If I win tonight, I might treat myself and play that too.
    Best wishes. Shaun the Villa fan in Bham
  • edited February 2014
    Drawing dead.  You win premier league tickets in a raffle only to find it's Fulham V West Brom.

Floating the flop.  Going to a restaurant and ordering a main meal you don't really want just so you can have a desert you love.

Widening your range.  Going ugly early in a club

Being counterfeited.  Going on a hoilday to Thailand and going to a bar only to find the "lady" you have pulled is...

Good luck all and run golden :)
  • edited February 2014
  • edited February 2014
    All in: you fill a nice radox bubble bath up with all the perks you go in your room to get a fresh pair of boxers an socks you come back out to go in the bathroom and to your surprise the doors locked and your dad has robbed your bath 

I guess the explaination here is don't 
    Go all in untill the time is right...

sometimes its no good explaining just like when your trying to explain the offside rule to women 
  • edited February 2014
    Missed Nut flush - at the same party you've told everyone your date is Demi Moore and in walks Roger Moore
  • edited February 2014
    Hi guys.

Heres a couple of hands from a mastercash table yesterday.

If you can show them could you use the card blockers to cover burnsydeans cards please and if Rich or Stu can guess them i will run around the streets of London naked :)

HH 745251525 mastercash 39 15/2/2014

HH 745250821 mastercash 39 15/2/2014.

Cheers

Kev
  • edited February 2014
    Hi guys ,have a good show,just won an all in Wi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited February 2014
    "Bubble Boy" - Ok so, we're back at the school reunion with Scarlet Johansson. Everything's going great for hours until right near the end of the evening, she goes off with your best mate and you're left there empty handed, wondering what might have been
  • edited February 2014
    in the super roller for 2.40 through a frenzy brilliant :)
  • edited February 2014
    could i have folded turn here just in main thanks matisbakHand History #745946080 (20:16 16/02/2014
  • edited February 2014
    Ouch, I'm out of the Roller already. My internet connection started playing up and dropping in and out, which is unusual. So when it connected and I had A,K I maybe got a tad over zealous and played it like AA. I did sat in for £12 so it wasn't a massive loss and IF I'd hit I would have been in the top 3 with a stack to do some damage with. Oh well, next week WILL be my week.lol
    Best wishes. Shaun the Villa fan in Bham
  • edited February 2014
    poker is the one form of gambling where you get to see you hand before having to pay this is what gives players their names
    fish no they not a food source they are people who call a wide range
    calling stations are the best of the lot and will give you value every time as they have a very wide range.

maniacs they are call that as they do just that bet over aggressive.

these are all very loose types so avoid making the bluffs.
    bluffs themselfs are betting a hand which you try to rep but you don't actually have.
  • edited February 2014
    another one not very good but hey its all fun and games right 

bluffing 

going to the UKPC at DTD and getting a seat and taking it down for them to then realize 
    that you didnt register and the tournament has to start again...not for the want of trying right 
  • edited February 2014
    About to kick off in the UKPC final, so far I have bubbled it 3 times, PLEEEEEEASE let me get there tonight!
  • edited February 2014
    Hi guys gr8 show,

Multi tabling = Speed dating for the cast of the big bang theory

Grinding = A divorce long winded but worth it in the end

Kalie x
  • edited February 2014
    oooo some more

Same as before - Multi tabling = bigamy

Fishing = Shark fishing in your kids fish tank

Chipping up = Going out and all your friends paying for your drinks throughout the night

Being felted = Child birth

x
  • edited February 2014
    The offside rule. Imagine the cashier in a shop is the goalkeeper. Your wife is queueing to pay for a new pair of shoes. The other women in the queue are the opposition players. She gets to the front of the queue, and suddenly remembers she has left her purse with you. You throw it to her from the back of the queue....she is offside. If she had been 2nd in the queue, she'd have been onside!
  • edited February 2014
    Range merging......

You take a reduce priced jumper to the till, £50 down to £30. But the barcode doesn't scan, so the till assistant prompts you to go and get another one. Whilst getting this replacement jumper, you spot an identical jumper stickered up at £20, and buy this one instead.

Cryptic/woeful, not sure which.

Great show guys. Gl all at the UKPC this week.
  • edited February 2014
    It wasn't 3 in row, one of them was actually the very 1st satellite.

Talking pros, I also have Kevin Williams on my table
  • edited February 2014
    I'm playing tonight. Really wanna play the UKPC but have been really lazy about playing the satellites so this is only my 2nd Final and the first one obviously went so badly that I can't even remember it at all. I was doing ok, up to about 5k until an ugly runout for me AJ v AT forced me to lose a smallish pot

Virtually last chance saloon for me, if I don't make it tonight then I'm gonna have to win one in the live sats at DTD this week.